Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Wheany posted:

what does "RTV" mean?

return to vendor (for a refund)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's my birthday next week and the xbox team sent me an email

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pathetic? check. sniveling? check. condescending? check. misaligned header text? check.

must be real

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"you get nothing" is literally an improvement over "you get something but first look at all the good stuff that people who clicked first got, now have this t-shirt for your avatar"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

anthonypants posted:

it's my birthday next week and the xbox team sent me an email

acknowledging that your gift is poo poo doesn't make it ok

pram
Jun 10, 2001
xbox is neglectful

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's happening [or rumored to be at least]

quote:

New rumors about Microsoft's gaming plans for Windows 10 claim that the company is planning to release a version of its Xbox One racing sim Forza Motorsport 6 for the PC OS as an exclusive for the Windows Store.

According to WPDang, this is all part of Microsoft's strategy to beef up its Windows 10 game efforts, with the Windows Store as the exclusive outlet. In addition to Forza Motorsport 6, the site claims, via unnamed sources, that Gears of War 4 might also be released for Windows 10 in addition to Xbox One, along with Scalebound. It also mentions a previously unannounced game, Forza Horizon 3, as coming to both Xbox One and Windows 10.

Microsoft announced last week that Quantum Break will be released for Windows 10 on April 5, the same day as the Xbox One version, with pre-orders for the console game getting the Windows 10 version for free. The company also announced in 2015 that the Xbox One games Gears of War Ultimate Edition, ReCore, Halo Wars 2 and Killer Instinct will all be coming to Windows 10 at some point.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
as long as i can play halo, forza and other decent xbox exclusives on windows i have no problem with it being on the ms store.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

qirex posted:

it's happening [or rumored to be at least]
"the PC OS"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'd be okay with windows just becoming xboxos

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the only reason I keep a windows partition is for games, and I know I'm not the only one, so it effectively is at this point

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dodoman posted:

as long as i can play halo, forza and other decent xbox exclusives on windows i have no problem with it being on the ms store.

yep, i mean it's no worse than blizzard or EA's bullshit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
did ms move all the old gfwl licenses to w10 store? can i play street fighter again?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
was forza even on windows before?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

did ms move all the old gfwl licenses to w10 store? can i play street fighter again?

no gfwl is dead. rip in hell.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

computer parts posted:

yep, i mean it's no worse than blizzard or EA's bullshit

and there is no way it can be worse than the ubisoft dumpster fire they call uplay

people still wish that ea just used steam like everyone else though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

no gfwl is dead. rip in hell.

this is bullshit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The_Franz posted:

and there is no way it can be worse than the ubisoft dumpster fire they call uplay

ea: challenge evertything. cept teh P deece DRM of STEAM

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The_Franz posted:

never had any problems w/ uplay.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Smythe posted:

if you have the arcade edition it got converted to steamworks, key should redeem on steam if you don't already have it there

capcom has had to pay quite a bit to de-gfwl a lot of their games

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

The_Franz posted:

just wait until steam continues a spiral downhill as more unnecessary gem/token/card bullshit is crammed into it

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
exclusive win10 killer instinct with unlockable cortana

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

crusader_complex posted:

exclusive win10 killer instinct with unlockable cortana

Minecraft edition killer instinct with exclusive quantium break characters

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

"Reliability improvements" - for a clock app? How do you gently caress up a clo-

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

"Reliability improvements" - for a clock app? How do you gently caress up a clo-

lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

holy moly

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

so win 10 is not out of beta yet. good to know

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did you know 80% of office users admit to getting work done at home when the clock forgets to do the one thing it needs to do?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
imagine your boss telling you that your game would be exclusive to the windows store
how depressing

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
like hanging your art in a suburban Arby's

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Last Chance posted:

so win 10 is not out of beta yet. good to know
beta tested in the future

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Good news! Windows defender actually takes more cpu and HD time then loving avast!

gently caress you windows 10!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

windows ten pro is good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

triple sulk posted:

windows ten pro is good

at letting you sleep in and get fired

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

copying apple again

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

pseudorandom name posted:

how do you do this?

I'd have to look it back up. I learned my lesson by only using local accounts when building an image

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Phoenixan posted:

just wait until steam continues a spiral downhill as more unnecessary gem/token/card bullshit is crammed into it

it's pretty easy to ignore all of that

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sperg posted:

saw this the other day

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
"windows 8 was so much better"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Millstone posted:

"windows 8 was so much better"

Yeah it's sad loving windows 8 of all things actually works better

• Locked thread