Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjibrwbpuPg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

I went to a wedding once that had Morris dancing and it was just as silly as any Star Wars or Pokēmon wedding.

The sort of Morris dancing where they also black up, or the less shocking when you see people doing it in the middle of town one Saturday afternoon kind?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I bat all my eyelashes at military reenactor weddings, Ren Faire and SCA weddings, Versailles-themed weddings, and costumed weddings of any kind.

I went to a wedding once that had Morris dancing and it was just as silly as any Star Wars or Pokēmon wedding.

Is it any goonier than any other kind of folk dancing?

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Panfilo posted:

I would argue it's the relative newness of many of these subcultures that makes people :rolleyes: about it. There are plenty of order 'themed' weddings out there that nobody bats an eyelash over because the subject matter is more conventional.

In the interest of idealogical purity, and because I really feel this way, I think theme weddings are stupid too. Then again, my cousin's theme was vaguely "country" so the arbor was like made of unpainted wood and the bouquet was wildflowers. She didn't make the guests or even the wedding party dress in overalls or was their first dance a square dance. As ridiculous as this hypothetical kissin' country cousins wedding seems, at least it's not putting a popular culture property as the unifying factor of two peoples relationship. That is just plain loving bizarre.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

that's a very specific obsession

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

And here they are worried about the gays recruiting kids...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Extremely :nws: https://www.reddit.com/r/selffuck

It's exactly what you think it is

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Well, that's one way to go gently caress yourself

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scathach posted:

FACTkin?

"I am really John F Kennedy. That guy that was the president of the US years before I was born. That person there is evidence existed in another time and place to now. Well that is me, and to suggest otherwise is racist."

This is textbook mental illness.

edit: Also what is the difference between Fictkin and Mythkin? Both are when you pretend/think you are something that doesn't exist. Fictkin is just that it was written by someone else and made into a story on TV or whatever, Mythkin is where it was made up by the collective unconscious like dragons and stuff?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Concatenation posted:

Hurray!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I read factkin like "1+1=2" or "humans need to breathe to live" but am confused as to how you make that your identity.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Thin Privilege posted:

I read factkin like "1+1=2" or "humans need to breathe to live" but am confused as to how you make that your identity.

You are saying that Factkin is "I am me. Inside of me, isntead of there being a wolf, or dragon, or pony it is actually me. Don't judge"?

Giving themselves a special snowflake label, but can't be arsed to pretend to be anything other than themselves?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Someone should alert the folks at cracked.com, otherkin hq.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

This topped street light collecting when I say my

'Strangest interest I know'

I love how everything imaginable has a forum, YouTube following and fb page these days.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Scathach posted:

Machinekin?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ookiimarukochan posted:

The sort of Morris dancing where they also black up, or the less shocking when you see people doing it in the middle of town one Saturday afternoon kind?

Not the blackface, but they did have a Hobby Horse.

I think all folk dancing done by sysadmins is goony as hell, yes. If I'm in Tahiti and people are folk dancing for my tourist pleasure, they're awesome, but the MIT Morris Dancing Club can just gently caress off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Fictkins are always really well known characters, and then they in slap fights online about which one is REALLY Sonic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Fictkins are always really well known characters, and then they in slap fights online about which one is REALLY Sonic.

My favorite thing about them will always be watching something new and popular like Undertale come out and suddenly they're remembering about how they were all the fat skeleton in a past life, not actually their homestuck fantroll.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Scathach posted:

oh poo poo can i be duane the rock johnson? i think there might be something to this otherkin thing, guys

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I love this pic. Every time I read the quote I'm like "yeah" and then I see the tags and I'm like "woah!"

excellent bait and switch (like telling a zoophile you're gonna take them to the zoo but really you're going to have them sterilized)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zelder posted:

I love this pic. Every time I read the quote I'm like "yeah" and then I see the tags and I'm like "woah!"

excellent bait and switch (like telling a zoophile you're gonna take them to the zoo but really you're going to have them sterilized)

This, but in an autoclave

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nuebot posted:

My favorite thing about them will always be watching something new and popular like Undertale come out and suddenly they're remembering about how they were all the fat skeleton in a past life, not actually their homestuck fantroll.

I think there was an earlier thread where a guy had all his fictkin identities listed, but insisted he was really SHOVEL KNIGHT.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
how can you be someone that didnt even exist until someone thought it up?

or maybe... they did

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

This is pro-click. Instead of trains or video games, this guy's obsession is plastic lawn chairs.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Panfilo posted:

Is it any goonier than any other kind of folk dancing?

As a Morris dancer I can say with confidence that it is among the nerdiest of folk dances.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Male Tears posted:

This is pro-click. Instead of trains or video games, this guy's obsession is plastic lawn chairs.

Instead of?

Trains!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuthCPVmVno

Powerlines!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obkSa9yh7hU

Stress management!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-U1lnWE0s
Wait, that's just more loving trains.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Male Tears posted:

He's one of those dudes who plays Fallout or Elder Scrolls games and starts hoarding one kind of item. You watch him play over his shoulder and he goes into his in-game house and it's just stuffed full of troll skulls or some poo poo.

It's like that, but real.

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014

Concatenation posted:

In all fairness, if I had a dick I would be doing this as much as possible probably.

But I'm pretty AUG so that doesn't mean much.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
This Fact/Fictionkin poo poo got me interested because it looks like satire, so I looked up some forums and

but otherkin wiki says

That's the whole article

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Zelder posted:

oh poo poo can i be duane the rock johnson? i think there might be something to this otherkin thing, guys

Yes. Yes you can.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Scathach posted:

Yes. Yes you can.

No, they can't. I already am. I need their tumblr so I can block them.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Do not follow if:
You're racist
You're homophobic
You're a cis gay man
You don't believe that eating honey is bee theft
You don't like kittens because I post them a lot
You are factkin with one of the following: JFK, Sans the skelebob, Sugar Crisp bear, Scarlett O'Hara, JENOVA: Life (other JENOVAs are OK)
You're friends with meanies I don't like

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
get outta here, JFK. we don't take kindly to your type around these parts

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

nerdz posted:

get outta here, JFK. we don't take kindly to your type around these parts

I'm a Lee Harvey Oswaldkin

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vic posted:

This Fact/Fictionkin poo poo got me interested because it looks like satire, so I looked up some forums and

but otherkin wiki says

That's the whole article

It's commonly looked down upon in the kin community. Factkin scum.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Concatenation posted:

30 days later and there's still no wiki. What's he been doing with his time? ...Oh right.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Don't follow if you're homophobic, or if you're gay. No gays allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Do not follow if:
You're racist
You're homophobic
You're a cis gay man
You don't believe that eating honey is bee theft
You don't like kittens because I post them a lot
You are factkin with one of the following: JFK, Sans the skelebob, Sugar Crisp bear, Scarlett O'Hara, JENOVA: Life (other JENOVAs are OK)

So, don't be a homophobe, but they hate gay men that were born men? The bee one says they saw Bee Movie and went "yea, that's right!"

Also, I want to see the story about not wanting people to follow if they think they're Sugar Bear.

• Locked thread