Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The actual gretchin kit is basically just monopose dudes anyway, spikeyrifles will probably still sit in the vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
I have no words. Apparently it is in a GW store as a display.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Along with some unpainted necrons? :psyduck:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Anyone able to identify all the bits to figure out what that monster costs?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

ro5s posted:

Anyone able to identify all the bits to figure out what that monster costs?

You're probably looking at $500 CAD or more I think if everything was bought new. I see two landspeeders, a hunter, a hammerhead, an imperial knight, bits from a leman russ, either a wraithlord or a wraithknight, a space marine dreadnought and parts from a sentinel.

The hodgepodge of paintjobs suggests to me that these are ebay/kijiji/craigslist rescues, though.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I'm going to guess Ork Looted Knight Paladin with Reaper Chainsword, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, Ironstorm Missile Pod on the carapace and Heavy Stubber on the shoulder?

Pretty legit.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hra Mormo posted:

I'm going to guess Ork Looted Knight Paladin with Reaper Chainsword, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon, Ironstorm Missile Pod on the carapace and Heavy Stubber on the shoulder?

Pretty legit.

It takes an intelegent ork indeed to recognize their own poo poo sucks and try to steal from the big 3 (eldar, tau, and marines). Plus a random lemon russ.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I don't even paint models (I have not-Parkinson's :saddowns:) but even I can tell that's a massive pile of poo poo :psyduck:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It looks like somebody took apart a bunch of different, already painted models and stuck the pieces together.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
If there was more effort put into making it a cohesive whole than it would be cool

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Looks like one of those toys from the original Toy Story movie.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The tortured ones?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

spectralent posted:

Along with some unpainted necrons? :psyduck:

This confuses me more than the dozen painted models sawed apart and fused back together.

Why would there be unpainted standard models in a GW store display case? Or has someone given up on their job?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
have some titty eldars
http://imgur.com/a/iz7jw

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

That last one doesn't look comfortable.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
The last one has already been featured in this thread, I think, because this is the only place I ever see titty minnies at.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

jadebullet posted:

I have no words. Apparently it is in a GW store as a display.

Dat's a good un, boss.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's someone showing off their modular kits. They've built them all to have standardised slot together joints so they can make an abomination like that as easily as anything else.

I mean, it isn't, but it could be.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
It's not impossible, but I just have a hard time believing that's in a GW store case- looks more like the crap they have in my local gaming store's consignment case, especially the random unpainted necrons. I've been to three GW stores and they've all had really well done displays, the guy that used to run the local one did pretty amazing work.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Ugleb posted:

That last one doesn't look comfortable.

JFC man, it's a robot, who cares how comfortable it is :jerkbag:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

ineptmule posted:

JFC man, it's a robot, who cares how comfortable it is :jerkbag:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cheers

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So my own unspiration is my dreadful first attempts at painting. And I do mean dreadful. I got a pretty much complete LOTR strategy battle game (with Orcs and Gondorian soldiers) from a con for like $10 because it was open and slightly used, but not painted. I had never painted anything before, had no idea I would want to, and clearly didn't know what I was doing. I just figured I'd give it a shot since I had cheap minis. So I bought some tubes of acrylic paint from the dollar store(!) and got the amazing results you see below:

Some I pictured with orangey flesh, others with green:

This guy is the most finished:

At this point I realized that I did enjoy painting little dudes, and bought somewhat better paints and brushes, continued to be pretty bad for a while, then eventually bought proper supplies and became merely sub-par (though you may feel free to be the judge of that):

Edit: also can anyone tell me how to remove that paint from the orcs? I want to paint them up properly now. I have one soaking in soapy water right now, but after scrubbing him a bit it doesn't seem to be coming off at all...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Get some simple green or other similar paint removal product.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

At last: Thin-your-paints Orc

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Haha that dainty pose of the first robot

"Tee-hee" :wink:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Soak them in Dettol if you have that available.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Soak them in Dettol if you have that available.

Just don't try to rinse them off with water if you do. Has to be rinsed off with neat brown dettol.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
dont use dettol it stinks

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

ijyt posted:

Just don't try to rinse them off with water if you do. Has to be rinsed off with neat brown dettol.

I had not heard this. I just soaked some figures in Dettol and then rinsed them with water and it worked fine. Am I going to die?

Moola posted:

dont use dettol it stinks

It does! I used sealed tupperware and put it on my windowsill and it still stank to high heaven.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

Am I going to die?

yes

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

ijyt posted:

This isn't right. I just tried a 25% dilution of dettol with water and the paint slid off just the same. It's got to be dettol though; cheaper disinfectants that look the same don't seem to have the necessary active ingredient. Just beware that when the paint comes off it is sticky and oily. It is a bloody nightmare to get off, for example, bathroom fittings, so be careful.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Atlas Hugged posted:

I had not heard this. I just soaked some figures in Dettol and then rinsed them with water and it worked fine. Am I going to die?

yee

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
were all going to die eventually

could be next year

could be tomorrow

death is certain my friends

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Moola posted:

could be next year

could be tomorrow

Don't think of it as dying, think of it as unleashing your inner skelly

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
When you think about it, we're already dead on the inside.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

could be next year

could be tomorrow

Agreed.

This is me.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Sanford posted:

Just beware that when the paint comes off it is sticky and oily. It is a bloody nightmare to get off, for example, bathroom fittings, so be careful.

Nail polish remover works a treat for this.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sanford posted:

This isn't right. I just tried a 25% dilution of dettol with water and the paint slid off just the same. It's got to be dettol though; cheaper disinfectants that look the same don't seem to have the necessary active ingredient. Just beware that when the paint comes off it is sticky and oily. It is a bloody nightmare to get off, for example, bathroom fittings, so be careful.

The one time I had soaked my minis in dettol, when I went to rinse them off under the tap the paint that had been coming off the model as a skin instantly became tacky and hosed up the mini.

What I'm saying is if you have an alternative like the old formula Fairy Power Spray use that instead. Brown dettol is a last resort stripper for me, to the point I'd just prefer to buy replacement models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow look at you guys talking about strippers like they are objects. Those women have feelings too you know?

Also Fairy Power is a much better stripper name than Brown Dettol imo.