Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

baam was his first friend even. baam was warned that he'd be betrayed by khun very early on since thats a trait of the family and its funny because i can't remember if that was a FUG warning or whatever or might still be an incredibly long con

nimby posted:

Khun's the kind of guy who wants to have control over everything, so knowing the backstory of his Irregular friend is going to help him control that friend. He's probably very envious of how easily Rachel seems to do it.

gently caress you guys Khun is just Baam's good buddy and wants wants to know more about his friend. :colbert: If Khun betrays Baam it would be The Saddest Thing.

I do agree that I think he's envious over how much Baam cares for Rachel (and kind of rightfully so, since I think he's been buddies with Baam for long enough now that he should be just as close to Khun as he is Rachel).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah Khun can't ask Baam because he simply doesn't know what the gently caress was up with that hole. Where was it? Why was he in it alone? How did he get there? Why was Rachel able to get in and out?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shugojin posted:

Yeah Khun can't ask Baam because he simply doesn't know what the gently caress was up with that hole. Where was it? Why was he in it alone? How did he get there? Why was Rachel able to get in and out?

Does Rachel know these things? Other than how she was able to move freely? I just don't believe Rachel knows that much about Baam's past or anything really. She's chasing a starry night sky or some poo poo, right?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Does Rachel know these things? Other than how she was able to move freely? I just don't believe Rachel knows that much about Baam's past or anything really. She's chasing a starry night sky or some poo poo, right?

I don't think we know if she does, actually.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You have to scan back to some very early chapters and what they implied is vague at best. one key short flash back was during chapter #26 were we get a rough time line to an event back early when Rachel met Baam. Someone pursued Rachael into Baams cave and put her in pain (rough hair pulling is shown in the frame) what i assume is that baam did something so horrible to that person.

Racheal may not know much about Baam personally before they met but she may know of the stories surrounding the cave he was in and why a probably desperate person braved them to escape something

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-188/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=269 GET hosed!

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
The big kids are starting to play. :f5:

Sure wasn't expecting the 3D glasses to actually become a plot point.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I think Rachel is going to betray Hoaqin because he is not the teammate she was hoping he'd be.

I think the new clone is Reon because she looks just like her, including the red eyes. She somehow merged with Hoaqin's fifth sibling and all the soul energy White accumulated after merging since it was noted she is more powerful than a ranker. And that FUG kept her in reserve because they had already planned for Hoaqin not to be the center of White because he is too unpredictably dangerous. The new clone is meant to be the new center. FUG is biding their time till Hoaqin kills Bam to backstab him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Simstim posted:

I think the new clone is Reon because she looks just like her, including the red eyes.

Who is Reon? I googled it and couldn't find anything.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he means roen and the fact you didn't realise that was a typo is really funny

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

he means roen and the fact you didn't realise that was a typo is really funny

Yeah, I thought that he might have been referring to Roen, but I forgot Roen's name so I didn't know what to compare the typo against.

I'm kind of mixed on what's going to go on in this current Kuhn vs. Rachel Round 3. On one hand, Kuhn repeatedly acting condescending towards Rachel and owning her makes me think the other foot is going to drop at some point, but on the other hand Rachel talked about how disadvantageous the fight is for Baam, which means there's a good chance there will be an upset of some sort. Regardless of what happens, I'll never stop enjoying Kuhn's relentless condescension.

Regarding the hostages, I won't be terribly surprised if one dies, though I'm expecting them all to survive somehow. I hope Prince doesn't die, because I actually kind of like him.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

Simstim posted:

I think Rachel is going to betray Hoaqin because he is not the teammate she was hoping he'd be.

I get this feeling too. It might even be that she wants to atone for hurting Baam, and maybe we will learn something that makes her slightly sympathetic. We know a discussion about her and Baam's past has been foreshadowed.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-189/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=270

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I'm half expecting Baam to try and save Hoaqin's team-mates as well as his own.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Someone in the comments on Naver theorized a way Baam could win by saving Hoaqin's teammates as well as his own. Ironically enough, though, I'm not sure Baam is altruistic enough to do it. SIU did say that he doesn't consider Viole truly "good."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Can someone try and explain to me this game they're playing? All I understand is that a hostage is dropped and the longer Baam or Hoaqin wait, the less dallars they have to pay to drop down and save them. But I don't understand anything about the strategy involved (for instance, what is the risk associated with waiting longer for the dallar cost to drop?). And is there any way for Hoaqin and Baam to end up in direct conflict with one another?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

They need to catch the hostage before they fall into the lava, which means dashing down the tube. The lower the hostage is, the less time left to catch them. If both people pay, they can both run down and try and stop the other from saving the hostage / kill them on the way down.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Andarel posted:

They need to catch the hostage before they fall into the lava, which means dashing down the tube. The lower the hostage is, the less time left to catch them. If both people pay, they can both run down and try and stop the other from saving the hostage / kill them on the way down.

Ah, I see...so basically as long as Baam pays more than the 22 dallars Hoaqin has, he'll have a lead on him and probably be able to save the person without having to fight him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Silver2195 posted:

Someone in the comments on Naver theorized a way Baam could win by saving Hoaqin's teammates as well as his own. Ironically enough, though, I'm not sure Baam is altruistic enough to do it. SIU did say that he doesn't consider Viole truly "good."

Baams reaction at the end suggests this is going to happen though. Baam isn't good he's insane particularly about friends and knowing that Hoaqin doesn't give a poo poo means he'll try to save them most likely

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jose posted:

Baams reaction at the end suggests this is going to happen though. Baam isn't good he's insane particularly about friends and knowing that Hoaqin doesn't give a poo poo means he'll try to save them most likely

Additionally, according to the rules of the game, if Baam save 4 hostages doesn't he automatically win the game? It seems like the rules are set up to force Hoaquin to actually save people, but he doesn't seem to either realize it or is betting that he can at the very least stop Baam from saving anyone else while he saves at least one Hostage.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I... don't get how Joaquin is supposed to win if he's just gonna let his teammates die.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I imagine Joaquin will descend at some point, and simply aim to kill Baam during the descent. Even if Baam has the advantage in how many dallars he has, letting him descend sooner, Joaquin can potentially still disrupt Baam's attempt to rescue anyone. And if Joaquin kills Baam before the end, I imagine that's a defaulted win? He's probably more than certain that he'd be capable of killing Baam, as well.

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

At the very least Baam is forced to try and save Cassano for Horyang.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think the most interesting part of this chapter is when it talked about Hoaqin's actions resulting in a billion people dying on those one or two floors. It helps flesh out just how massive each floor is; assuming that billion was split between the (I think two?) floors Hoaqin involved himself with and that the death toll obviously doesn't consist of literally every person on those floors, that means that each floor probably has a *minimum* of ~500 million people living on it, and probably more like over a billion.

It was also interesting to learn that apparently many people in the outer areas of the tower are not aware of the inner tower (or anything outside of their own floor, really).

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Ytlaya posted:

I think the most interesting part of this chapter is when it talked about Hoaqin's actions resulting in a billion people dying on those one or two floors. It helps flesh out just how massive each floor is; assuming that billion was split between the (I think two?) floors Hoaqin involved himself with and that the death toll obviously doesn't consist of literally every person on those floors, that means that each floor probably has a *minimum* of ~500 million people living on it, and probably more like over a billion.

It was also interesting to learn that apparently many people in the outer areas of the tower are not aware of the inner tower (or anything outside of their own floor, really).

I vaguely recall it being said that the size of a single floor of the inner tower is roughly comparable to an entire continent early on, the tower is ridiculous.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Jose posted:

Doesn't Rachel control whether their capsule opens? I'm not sure how Baam can do anything at all.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-190/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=271

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Here's hoping that Bam doesn't fall unconscious for a few months again after this game is done.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Doesn't Rachel control whether their capsule opens? I'm not sure how Baam can do anything at all.

I don't think it was really clear prior to this chapter, but it's open to either team.

For the explanation of the game, not only can you open the capsule with the cost decreasing based on time, but the lava can be raised. Leaving without enough time to stop should result in a death sentence.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-191/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=272

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Oh, I see Princess is fun of One Punch Man :v:

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Bernardo Orel posted:

Oh, I see Princess is fun of One Punch Man :v:

I just didnt realise she was a shoto

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-192/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=273

~Interesting~

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Well that seems a bit over the top. Here have a billions of souls injected, have fun trying to control them~

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Well that seems a bit over the top. Here have a billions of souls injected, have fun trying to control them~

He's got room enough in the thorn.

Wonder how they'll get out of the trap. Punch through the walls?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Bam and everyone else with that powerup end up blitzing through the next few dozen floors. Cause after having the power of a billion angry souls it just becomes a Disgaea in terms of scope.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 7, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Annointed posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Bam and everyone else with that powerup end up blitzig through the next few dozen floors. Cause after havig the power of a billion angry souls it just becomes a Disgaea in terms of scope.

I'm assuming it's a temporary powerup, like Nightmare Luffy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jesus, Baam is going to be so much stronger than the rest of his friends after this that they'll basically become irrelevant. I'm not sure how I feel about him receiving another massive powerup so soon after his last one (and especially in such a direct manner; his last powerup was cool because he received it as a result of rejecting a more direct powerup).

I'm still not sure how Baam is going to save everyone, unless the game somehow becomes interrupted or cancelled. If I were Kuhn, I would reconsider letting Baam make the decisions after this; if not for white hair sword girl, Baam would be dead now.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ytlaya posted:

If I were Kuhn, I would reconsider letting Baam make the decisions after this; if not for white hair sword girl, Baam would be dead now.

Baam's Power of Friendship ability is a recognized phenomenon, and I'm sure that Kuhn factors it into all of his calculations these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Jesus, Baam is going to be so much stronger than the rest of his friends after this that they'll basically become irrelevant. I'm not sure how I feel about him receiving another massive powerup so soon after his last one (and especially in such a direct manner; his last powerup was cool because he received it as a result of rejecting a more direct powerup).

I'm still not sure how Baam is going to save everyone, unless the game somehow becomes interrupted or cancelled. If I were Kuhn, I would reconsider letting Baam make the decisions after this; if not for white hair sword girl, Baam would be dead now.

What's interesting, in a way, is that this coming powerup is an extension of the last one. Lady White clone wouldn't have decided to give her powers to Baam if he hadn't already rejected the power cycle inherent to the tower.