Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The struggle everyone with glasses suffers. I recently switched to contacts so this poo poo doesn't happen anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Arcsquad12 posted:

The struggle everyone with glasses suffers. I recently switched to contacts so this poo poo doesn't happen anymore.

I have a lazy eye and will never ever be able to perceive 3d movies because they just aren't made for that. I have to wear the stupid glasses to not get the weird ghosts but at least I don't get headaches either

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Eldercain posted:

I have to wear the stupid glasses to not get the weird ghosts but at least I don't get headaches either

People who live in haunted houses shouldn't throw stones

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Hey it's these pictures again.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Jan 28, 2017

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tag urself i'm osomatsu

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Broni Friendzoni.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Stickers are so my poo poo.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Concordat posted:

Hey it's these pictures again.

These are all really good, but the last one is just perfect.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/693145250353782784

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.

The Alamo Drafthouse is doing a bunch of screenings of Miyazaki movies all throughout February. To advertise this, they basically made an anime music video.

https://vimeo.com/151962795

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm Pizza Mozarella.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I have to say, having silent protagonists speak in sign language is a neat trend I'm all for.

Also Other M would be a much better game if Samus only spoke by making bird calls.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

why are her shoulders blushing

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bruising from constantly shine sparking walls. The suit only protects you so much from solid wall.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I guess she learned all those human facial expressions from birds too.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Skellybones posted:

I guess she learned all those human facial expressions from birds too.

Blind babies smile and deaf babies laugh. poo poo's wired deep. :eng101:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr Tastee posted:

I have to say, having silent protagonists speak in sign language is a neat trend I'm all for.

It's wonderful! :kimchi:

Sign language birb Samus is my favorite Metroid fanart now, it's so sweet. It's also nice to see a Samus for once that's not a pinup, as I was a big fan of her before they "retconned" her.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

scandoslav posted:

Blind babies smile and deaf babies laugh. poo poo's wired deep. :eng101:

read that as dead babies at first and got pretty creeped out

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Fister Roboto posted:

This might come as a surprise but skin tones for people who actually go outside vary subtly across their entire bodies and while some artists want to represent it they haven't quite gotten the hang of doing it well. See also tumblr nose.

Potentially her shoulders have also been drinking beer too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Fanart by proxy:

He looks so distressed.

Apparently Conan is huge in South Korea thanks to his gamer videos being subtitled and getting hundreds of thousands of views.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Fister Roboto posted:

Parts Kit posted:

This might come as a surprise but skin tones for people who actually go outside vary subtly across their entire bodies and while some artists want to represent it they haven't quite gotten the hang of doing it well. See also tumblr nose.

Alcohol flushing can occur anywhere on the body; the shoulders is actually one of the more common areas.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like her Chozo parents are just lazy, birds are pretty good at talking. The second best animals at it, in fact!

Also signing would NOT be easier in a suit where one arm ends in a large cannon.

I DENY YOU, SIGN LANGUAGE SAMUS!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

El Cid posted:

Sounds like her Chozo parents are just lazy, birds are pretty good at talking. The second best animals at it, in fact!

Also signing would NOT be easier in a suit where one arm ends in a large cannon.

Cannon up for yes, down for no

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Cute.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Samus no she's a nazi.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Pointing a giant arm-cannon at someone is highly context dependent, but easily understood by all intelligent species.
  • If you point it at someone standing in your way, it means "get out of my way"
  • If you point it at a Federation bureaucrat, it means "stop giving me the runaround and pay me the drat bounty already"
  • If you point it at a ceiling after shooting someone it means "check out my sweet killshot"
  • Alternately, if you point it at a ceiling before killing someone it means "I am going to collapse the ceiling on you"
  • If you point it at Ridley, "I am going to kill you, again, for the Nth time" (hold up a number of fingers indicating # of times you killed Ridley)
  • If you point it a baby Metroid it means "I have incredibly mixed feelings about you"
Firing the cannon counts as an exclamation point.

...I guess this counts as fanart now that Samus' been retconned to a cringing blonde waif. Yes, as a matter of fact I am still annoyed by Other M.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

El Cid posted:

Most/all signs can be done one handed and those that can't can be spelled. And it would certainly be easier if the suit doesn't have external speakers and the person you're talking to doesn't have a compatible communications device.

COME AT ME BRO

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Parts Kit posted:

I'd think her skin tone would be pretty pale if most of her time spent outside is done wearing full body armour.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Holy crap, Adam. This reminds me of the time the baby saved my life!"

*Some lovely Labyrinth reference*

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FlyinPingu posted:

read that as dead babies at first and got pretty creeped out

Same here! :hfive:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nanomashoes posted:

Samus no she's a nazi.

Phasma slaughters innocents in the opening scene BUT SHE'S PROBABLY CUTE

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Phasma slaughters innocents in the opening scene BUT SHE'S PROBABLY CUTE

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rangpur posted:

Yes, as a matter of fact I am still annoyed by Other M.

Does this summary I made of M:OM count as weird fanart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCCibFueyLE

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Rangpur posted:

[*]If you point it at Ridley, "I am going to kill you, again, for the Nth time" (hold up a number of fingers indicating # of times you killed Ridley)

This is like the polar opposite of her reaction to Ridley in Other M and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Red Bones posted:

I'd think her skin tone would be pretty pale if most of her time spent outside is done wearing full body armour.

Well, every mission of hers was the work of a standard 8-hour shift or less. Assuming the Federation doesn't pay bounties by the hour, I'd say that leaves her a fair amount of downtime.

• Locked thread