Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Wanderlei will introduce his new sponsor: The Umbrella Corporation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Personally I think Bisping is a much better fit for being sponsored by a company famous for making creatures with their eyes in the wrong places.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skinty McEdger posted:

Personally I think Bisping is a much better fit for being sponsored by a company famous for making creatures with their eyes in the wrong places.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/plastic-googly-eyes.html

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/MMAmania/videos/1041193642570500/

Dada5000's striking is on point

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Kimbo is going to gently caress him up.

That...that says something...

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
wrong thread

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

An atomweight title fight between champion Ayaka Hamasaki and Amber Brown will headline Invicta FC 16 on March 11 at Tropicana Las Vegas, sources told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. In the co-main event, Vanessa Porto and Jennifer Maia will fight for the interim flyweight title with champion Barb Honchack still out. The event will air live on UFC Fight Pass.

Jessamyn Duke (3-3, 1 NC), an Ultimate Fighter 18 alum, returns to Invicta against bantamweight prospect Irene Aldana after losing three in a row in the UFC. Duke, known for her affiliation with Ronda Rousey and The Four Horsewomen, is 2-0-1 in Invicta. Aldana (5-2), a highly regarded prospect, is coming off a title loss to Tonya Evinger back in July.

Alexa Grasso (7-0), a top prospect and sought after by the UFC, will face Stephanie Eggink. Grasso, 22, has not fought since beating Mizuki Inoue in February 2015. Eggink is returning from having a child.

Also on the card, Roxanne Modafferi will face DeAnna Bennett, Tiburcio meets Jinh Yu Frey, Sarah D'Alelio takes on Andrea Lee, Kelly McGill fights Amberlynn Orr and Ashley Greenway meets Sarah Click.

lol Duke is gonna get lit up. Also those are some other good lady fights on that card.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

colonel_korn posted:

lol Duke is gonna get lit up. Also those are some other good lady fights on that card.

Grasso is Extremely My Jam

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

colonel_korn posted:

yeah, I'll be excited to watch the half of the fights that are still there by March 11

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wasn't familiar with atomweight until now. 105 pounds/47kg, those are some small competitors! I wonder if anyone does men's fights in that class.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

projecthalaxy posted:

I wasn't familiar with atomweight until now. 105 pounds/47kg, those are some small competitors! I wonder if anyone does men's fights in that class.

I think One FC might have a men's atom weight division.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/699838608413429761

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This kind of thing is responsible for so many "I could be an MMA fighter" posts on the internet.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

What benefit is there to even having an open workout when your fighter is DADA 5000?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This kind of thing is responsible for so many "I could be an MMA fighter" posts on the internet.

To be fair, this is the entire basis of Dada 5000's career

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiusPSOW8w

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lmao

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is amazing. These men want to show their nuts. This is a goddamn sport!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
It's amazing how much better Scott Coker has made Bellator in the last year or two.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol Kimbo won't call someone a pussy because his daughter is in the crowd.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

He'll call him a "Clown rear end friend of the family" though. This press conference is amazing.

edit: The youtube chat on the side is just the absolute worst

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Also realizing his daughter was in the crowd minutes after he was threatening to pull his nuts out. Good good poo poo.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Shamrocks shirt is ridiculous

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Shamrocks shirt is ridiculous

El Shapo

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Shamrocks shirt is magnificent

I missed the part where kimbo said he'd pull out his nuts. I might have to rewatch this.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
ken and royce look like two chemo patients that are gonna fake fight for charity

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yes.

I love how hard that trainer is trying to sell holding the heavy bag and the pads.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Yes.

I love how hard that trainer is trying to sell holding the heavy bag and the pads.

https://vine.co/v/ivj3KAe163x

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/17/11040236/dada-5000-on-criticized-bag-work-i-showed-them-what-i-want-them-to-see

"I'm only pretending to be loving garbage at striking!!!"

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
He's using the Donald Trump "I can't tell you how I'd defeat the terrorists because I want to surprise them" defense.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Bellator have a press conference to make a "special announcement" at 4pm EST today, place your bets now

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They leaked the release early. Kurt Angle vs 14 dogs booked for the next event.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

How big his balls tho?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

flashy_mcflash posted:

Whos this 14 dogs guy? He hasn't even got a Sherdog profile.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm assuming it's a kickboxing announcement, but it could be anything, and Sakakibara is flying in. Dan Severn fights the winner of either fight, we're going to go broke signing Fedor again, Bob Sapp is back. Exciting times.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I didn't realize that Bob Sapp beat Akebono on NYE. Good for him. Maybe he's turning the corner.

I'd like someone to organize one of those Japanese game shows where they have Overeem and Sapp compete in something non-MMA related to determine once and for all the title of Fighter With Least Heart. Make them both eat spicy foods until one of them taps out.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I'd like someone to organize one of those Japanese game shows where they have Overeem and Sapp compete in something non-MMA related to determine once and for all the title of Fighter With Least Heart. Make them both eat spicy foods until one of them taps out.

Well Sapp is up 2-0 at this point, I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJj_6tnaEoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsWm2OKPScA

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I didn't realize that Bob Sapp beat Akebono on NYE. Good for him. Maybe he's turning the corner.

it was a truly lamentable performance

it took about forty minute for like ten minutes of awkward clinch hitting to happen.

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 18, 2016

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Foul Fowl posted:

Thanks for reminding me of my favourite ever MMA insult

quote:

Earlier this week Bob Sapp talked about K-1 and its parent company FEG and accused the company of “stiffing” its fighters.

“I'm done with all the talk about me. I'm done with them stiffing the fighters. I'm just done with it. I've seen too much. Start paying people to show up,” he said as he recounted to MMA Junkie how he had walked out of the New Year’s Eve show when FEG allegedly attempted to halve his purse pre-show.

Today K-1 president Sadaharu Tanikawa fired back at Sapp, declaring his words to be lies and saying that Sapp “should not be considered as a normal person”.

He also called the former NFL player “the worst, most lamentable dust man", in what is possibly the best insult ever delivered in MMA by a non-fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

it took about forty minute for like ten minutes of awkward clinch hitting to happen.

Why does he look so sad?