Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sorry, I mean

dr'gun qwaest translashuns 're impehccable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There are seriously lines that you have to read out loud to even understand what the hell they are trying to say.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I've never had that problem myself, but I grew up around heavily accented UK families so it's all second nature to me.

Ya wee bairns.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pretty sure my Vita won't read physical games anymore. Tried all I got, and none of em are popping up. Not the biggest deal, but it still irritates me that I'd have to pay $139 to fix it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Finally completed main stories of E&L PLus and my review: http://www.knightime.net/2016/02/16/atelier-escha-logy-plus/ :coffee:

I'm sad the new convo options didn't really change anything though. I even made sure to give everyone heart choices.

Fun game and would rate 5/5 again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

kirbysuperstar posted:

Or do, because DR2 is trash and Ibuki is the only good thing about it.

I like Hiyoko because she hates the characters as much as I do

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bad news Dukebros. Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition is no longer available to buy in the NA store. Fortunately, it's still in the download list if you got it before. As of now, only the NA store had it pullled.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Yechezkel posted:

Bad news Dukebros. Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition is no longer available to buy in the NA store. Fortunately, it's still in the download list if you got it before. As of now, only the NA store had it pullled.

What the heck? Any idea why?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Light Gun Man posted:

If you guys like weird localization choices go play DQ4 on DS sometime.

They kind just....give up at some point.

I thought any complaints and a DraQue localizations is not that they gave up, it's that they forgot when to stop.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DR2 is OK but its ending is super loving awful.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

DR2 is OK but its ending is super loving awful.
The ending in DR1 is not really anything to write home about either.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

I don't think gearbox has ironed out which Duke games they have the rights to yet, even though it should be all of them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Was Disgaea 4 a solid entry in the franchise? Thinking of picking up the Vita port, curious to know what peoples' thoughts are on the game. I need an RPG I can just pick away at.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the best one on the Vita, I think.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the best one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I haven't played 5 yet so I didnt want to make any absolute statements.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

raspberyl is cute but....her game is bad??

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the best one on the Vita, I think.

yeah, and it's got the really good improvements from DD2 backported in with the cheat shop (and improved throwing I think)

I actually don't know if we're going to get DD2 on the Vita. I think 4 got its port a year and a half after it came out on the PS3, so maybe that's it for them?

e: It was actually 3 years afterwards, so maybe we're still on schedule for a port of DD2

Erg fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 16, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Was Disgaea 4 a solid entry in the franchise? Thinking of picking up the Vita port, curious to know what peoples' thoughts are on the game. I need an RPG I can just pick away at.
Fwiw, i'm playing D3 and unless you have spontaneous allergic reactions to Mao, it's also completely solid. So if you're just looking for lots of tactical rpg gameplay, i'd recommend playing that one first. Or maybe even D2 for the story line.

Gameplay-wise there aren't honestly any bad Disgaeas and whether you start with the latest one or an early one just depends on how much of that kind of gameplay you want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

raspberyl is cute but....her game is bad??
D2 is fine. Its plot is actually probably the most interesting in the series, for whatever that's worth.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Endorph posted:

D2 is fine. Its plot is actually probably the most interesting in the series, for whatever that's worth.

Raspberyl's game is Disgaea 3 though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Raspberyl really should have been the MC of D3. It's still very good though. I mean, just look at that OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzulk7fyS0E

(my favourite is still D1)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Raspberyl's game is Disgaea 3 though.
i just woke up

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

D2 still has my favorite story

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I remember Disgaea 2 getting a lot of crap at the time because it was a little bit more serious and less comedic than the first game but, I really liked the story too. I think the fan response to 2 at the time was what led to 3 being overly wacky and stupid to the point it got annoying.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

i just woke up

I can't believe Endorph got a fact about cute anime girls wrong.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's so confusing sometimes when people refer to D2 and aren't referring to Disgaea D2 but rather Disgaea 2.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I haven't played 5 yet so I didnt want to make any absolute statements.

Disgaea 4 really had the feel of a PSX or PS2 game with the stage sizes and animations. Going from 5 to 4 is a little jarring.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

The King's balls are too drat big to fit on a tiny handheld. Blow it out your rear end

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I hope Diseaga does really well on steam so we also get the other 18 installments there. I don't want to buy a $400 piece of kit and a video card just to play one game series on it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dehry posted:

Disgaea 4 really had the feel of a PSX or PS2 game with the stage sizes and animations. Going from 5 to 4 is a little jarring.

Going backwards from any Disgaea title is jarring.

Some of the weapon animations aren't great in 4, but I think the new sprites are all really nice so it kind of gets a pass in my book.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cross quote from the Early FPS Thread concerning Duke 3d Megaton Edition.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If I still have it, does that mean I'm a software pirate now?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh gosh, oh gosh, y'all.

Samurai Warriors 4 details on castle customization and on the self-insert persona character.

quote:

[...]apart from building a Castle to their specifications, players can also decorate it with unlockable decorative wallpapers, or with banners that can be collected by completing missions. These banners often offer extra bonuses, such as increased income, supplies, commerce, fame etc.

Character customization also sounds very cool and you can make youself replace a person in the story, meaning you're not just a mute protagonist that kills everything anymore. You're.... a historical protagonist that kills everything and you can replace multiple people which means you and your dream friends (or representations of your real friends) can KO the world.

Hatsune Miku Poject Diva X gets new songs:

• Satisfaction” by livetune (Neutral attribute)
  • “LOL -lots of laugh-” by mikumix (Cute attribute)
  • “Beauty Medley: Glossy Mixture” arranged by Treow {ELECTROCUTICA} featuring “Dependence Intention” by Treow {ELECTROCUTICA}, “Sweet Devil” by Hachiouji-P, and “Nebula” By Tripshots

As well as new modules for your favourite idol thing:

• “De:Monster” for Hatsune Miku (TNSK)
  • “Lollipop” for Hatsune Miku (Honyalala)

Dead of alive Xtreme 3 gets a new feature: :siren: Pole dancing :siren:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Schrodingers cat posted:

Oh gosh, oh gosh, y'all.

Samurai Warriors 4 details on castle customization and on the self-insert persona character.

Character customization also sounds very cool and you can make youself replace a person in the story, meaning you're not just a mute protagonist that kills everything anymore. You're.... a historical protagonist that kills everything and you can replace multiple people which means you and your dream friends (or representations of your real friends) can KO the world.

So I was actually planning on getting Samurai Warrior 4-II soon because my wife and I need a new couch co-op murder game. Is Empires going to be a straight upgrade that supersedes 4-II? Should I wait and get Empires instead?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

So I was actually planning on getting Samurai Warrior 4-II soon because my wife and I need a new couch co-op murder game. Is Empires going to be a straight upgrade that supersedes 4-II? Should I wait and get Empires instead?

Empires games tend to be more like strategy games than traditional Musou.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

No, get 4-II. Empires is a weird gimmick game with fairly repetitive maps and an attempt at grand strategy. It's especially bad for couch co-op, since you spend 10-20 minutes futzing around with menus inbetween maps.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Is it? Oh that sucks, I was looking forward to musou + settlement management and "rpg" elements

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Alrighty, 4-II it is then. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
does this mean i can finally marry nene in sw4:e for real