Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Fizzil posted:

Is there anyway to get a Diana code? I'll pay handsomely. (must be an EU code)

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/Italeri-Bismarck/

http://shop.italeri.com/Category/218-world-of-warships.aspx

If 40EUR plus whatever they want in shipping falls within your definition of 'handsomely,' have at it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, I'm a bit depressed at the moment. I don't know what the issue is, but MM has been giving me utterly terrible teams all week. Like, I generally have a pretty good W/R, but this week I've probably won less than 10 games of over 30(40+?) played. And given I'm generally in the top 3, and decently often #1 in those games, I can be fairly confident it's not me.

It really sucks.

Same here. Teams repeatedly snatch defeats from jaws of victory.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Minenfeld! posted:

Question: how to Aoba?

1) you're maneuverable
2) you have a big fat weakly armored citadel
3) the citadel is sorta protected from the front
4) your guns can pen pretty much all cruisers and are reasonably accurate

Don't be the first guy to rush in and take fire because you're big enough to hit and weakly armored enough to die. Aim well because you don't have enough guns to spray and pray. Never show your side to a BB while beating up single cruisers and DDs with rapid firing guns. You can reliably score citadels on every T5-T6 cruiser except the Cleveland, on which you still score occasional citadels. You can murder unsupported BBs with some experience by slightly weaving in and out, but don't count on it initially. Use torpedos sparingly because of the whole weakly armored thing which makes you more likely to blow up when turning for those awful Japanese torpedo arcs.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

NTRabbit posted:

It's basically a premium Minekaze, and the Minekaze is the best tier 5 destroyer, so yes.

Maybe pre-nerf (or available), but the Gremyaschy is easily the best T5 DD.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

blowfish posted:

1) you're maneuverable

Don't be the first guy to rush in and take fire because you're big enough to hit and weakly armored enough to die. Aim well because you don't have enough guns to spray and pray. Never show your side to a BB while beating up single cruisers and DDs with rapid firing guns. You can reliably score citadels on every T5-T6 cruiser except the Cleveland, on which you still score occasional citadels. You can murder unsupported BBs with some experience by slightly weaving in and out, but don't count on it initially. Use torpedos sparingly because of the whole weakly armored thing which makes you more likely to blow up when turning for those awful Japanese torpedo arcs.

I'll add that you have surprisingly good gun arcs shooting behind you which lets you use torpedoes if you're set up that way to begin with, and also that your camo is excellent and if you ever are in a situation where you're getting focused and not returning much, you can stop shooting and you will just disappear.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Just had a Kraken loss in ranked. Our only DD had like 157 exp.

Ooh just had another loss where our DD got 113xp. Its like they are trying to lose

Lakedaimon fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 15, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, I'm a bit depressed at the moment. I don't know what the issue is, but MM has been giving me utterly terrible teams all week. Like, I generally have a pretty good W/R, but this week I've probably won less than 10 games of over 30(40+?) played. And given I'm generally in the top 3, and decently often #1 in those games, I can be fairly confident it's not me.

It really sucks.

Thanks to that mod in Aslain's that shows player stats... I'm really getting to see how many sub 500 rating players get shoved on my team.

I'm at 1451, my personal record is having 6 players on my team that's total ratings equaled mine. The poo poo is deep. Foolish me for grinding credits at Tier 5.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

blowfish posted:

1) you're maneuverable

The Aoba can be citadeled by US 127mm DD guns. I cleared an island in mine in a cap zone expecting to find a rushing Mutsuki, instead I found an Atlanta, which put a full load of AP through my side for a quadruple citadel and over half my HP, and by the time I'd emptied my HE at it and loaded an AP salvo it was over.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 15, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuHcAgyFboE

I kind of want a Des Moines. It seems like a hilarious boat to have.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gently caress these idiots, gently caress you, gently caress everyone

25 seconds from a points win and the Phoenix doesn't hit his repair to stop a fire :commissar:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

NTRabbit posted:

gently caress these idiots, gently caress you, gently caress everyone

25 seconds from a points win and the Phoenix doesn't hit his repair to stop a fire :commissar:
Maybe it was on long rear end cool down seeing as pubbies generally don't use gold consumables.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm assuming it was a fire, because he was completely behind the massive central island, and he just randomly exploded.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Right after watching that video I saw someone in a Des Moines trying to do the same thing. It didnt work quite so well and a Montana turned him into a colander while he tried to back out of there.

I get it now why so many people say to play ranked in a Benson. DD play is so critical. Last game our Benson was bragging that we had a "DD advantage" because we had one more than the other team. Result: all 3 dead, no caps, no kills, enemy DDs all alive.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lakedaimon posted:

Just had a Kraken loss in ranked. Our only DD had like 157 exp.

Ooh just had another loss where our DD got 113xp. Its like they are trying to lose

That's the guys who rush in, shoot their guns for one hit, and then eat a torpedo from the enemy DD. Or who survive for 10 minutes trying to ambush a BB only to die to 10 AP shells at 2km range, while turning to aim the torpedoes (that's me).

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 15, 2016

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

How do i torpedo in russian destroyers? it always seems to me i have to suicidally rush a distracted ship but its getting increasingly harder lately, im in the tashkent currently and having a very difficult time even with the 8km torpedoes. Currently with my camo rating at 81 i can stay hidden for up till 8.2 km and i usually try and guess a ships movement trajectory so it would sail into my torps at 9km but its very hit and miss.

Is there any reason to stick with the russian 4km torpedoes at tier 8 or is that not a good idea after i unlock the 8km torps?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fizzil posted:

How do i torpedo in russian destroyers?

You don't. Russian destroyers are not destroyers, they are in fact brittle light cruisers with better camo, that are grossly incapable of doing the destroyer things that US and IJN destroyers do as a matter of course.

If anything ever gets into torpedo range of my Gnevny it means I'm being properly hosed by a USN/IJN DD, it's near the end of a battle and there's no choice, or I've somehow landed in one of those magic games where I must be invisible, because even with the glitter shells and party music blasting nobody ever shoots at me and I get to do whatever the hell I want. Those are great games.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 16, 2016

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

0.5.3 coming out on Thursday.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/update-053-release/

Looks pretty good in all - it's a good time to have just gotten the Kongo. I can't wait to see my secondaries go nuts.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I can echo all the complaints about lovely pubbies. I'm by no means a great player, but when so many games I'm in the top 3, if not number one, it's frustrating. I think seeing the sub-500 players is worse at higher tiers. I also had the fun of being in a match with WARBEASTY, king of the 35% win rate. He lived up to his terribleness, but scored extra points for being an rear end in chat. It was a ranked match, we're all going to A, he starts heading to B in a CV. I suggest "head west" so he can be behind the rest of the team and be supported and I get a "FO rear end in a top hat; I do what I want."

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Hazdoc posted:

Even at 10x speed this game is boring as gently caress, I did a couple of games in my North Carolina and my t7 Jap DD and it's just so slow and boring.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

NTRabbit posted:

You don't. Russian destroyers are not destroyers, they are in fact brittle light cruisers with better camo, that are grossly incapable of doing the destroyer things that US and IJN destroyers do as a matter of course.

If anything ever gets into torpedo range of my Gnevny it means I'm being properly hosed by a USN/IJN DD, it's near the end of a battle and there's no choice, or I've somehow landed in one of those magic games where I must be invisible, because even with the glitter shells and party music blasting nobody ever shoots at me and I get to do whatever the hell I want. Those are great games.

If an IJN dd gets in torpedo range of a USSR DD, there is no excuse for it to not die.

Also, the USSR dds can generally clown the poo poo out of other dds at range.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I updated WoWS on a whim yesterday and decided to get the german and russian tier 1s done (I haven't played since before they released). There's a lot of assholes in DDs seal clubbing, no all tier 1 games (at least I didn't get any) which made playing the Hermelin particularly lovely. 7.8km range is one hell of a disadvantage. By the time I'd finished those two ships I'd had my fill, absolutely no appetite to jump in one of my 6's and get back to grinding.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

xthetenth posted:

If an IJN dd gets in torpedo range of a USSR DD, there is no excuse for it to not die.

Also, the USSR dds can generally clown the poo poo out of other dds at range.

If an IJN destroyer gets to 4km you're pretty much guaranteed to eat at least one 65+ knot torpedo, no matter how quick you react. When you spot it at 6km the only way you're going to stop it is to already have your guns pointed the right way, because they in no way turn fast enough to engage anything at that range, let alone while you're in the middle of torpedo evading maneuvers.

After tier 3 Russian DDs are completely non functional inside of 10km range against anyone who isn't a mouthbreather, which is unfortunate because unless you have team mates driving in while you sit back at cruiser ranges, you're not going to spot a US DD until 7km, or a Japanese one until 6km, and they're spotting you out to 8km. Looks like this remains true from tier 4 all the way up to 8, as the 9 seems like it finally gets functional turrets.

ie the only way to play Russian DDs, at least up to tier 8, is to drive them like light cruisers, always stay at 10-12km, and never go into the common destroyer fight zones. Which is what I see all the good Kievs do, appearing and disappearing at max range mullering things with guns, never getting close to anything, and that looks like the spot where the line gets good again after going downhill since the Derzki.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 16, 2016

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

NTRabbit posted:

Oh, i guess try and play like a speedy light cruiser and bullying DD's without rushing caps.

Should i get the camo skill, or just focus on survivability?

edit: And does preventative maintenance make the turrets sturdier?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Thing that worries me is that I saw a blurb about "a new system to protect against unsigned mods". IDK if that means mods will need some sort of official approval to work or maybe a mis-translation of something else. I also read the description of Team Battles. It's pretty much a mini-clan system from what I can see, with a few exceptions. 300k silver to make an initial team, 300 gold if you want to make a second or third.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
It probably just means aim assist mods or something.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

As long as they don't mess with my ability to see at a glance which players on my team are worthless shitbirds.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fizzil posted:

Should i get the camo skill, or just focus on survivability?

You'd have to check with someone already there, but I think with enough camo bonuses you might be able to take the top tiers out, sit at about 12km and fire continuously without being detected.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

I can echo all the complaints about lovely pubbies. I'm by no means a great player, but when so many games I'm in the top 3, if not number one, it's frustrating. I think seeing the sub-500 players is worse at higher tiers. I also had the fun of being in a match with WARBEASTY, king of the 35% win rate. He lived up to his terribleness, but scored extra points for being an rear end in chat. It was a ranked match, we're all going to A, he starts heading to B in a CV. I suggest "head west" so he can be behind the rest of the team and be supported and I get a "FO rear end in a top hat; I do what I want."

Even better, WARBEASTY apparently somehow acquired enough pearls to be entered into the Kamikaze R drawing, and managed to snag one of the 1000 given out. You know, instead of literally anybody else.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Even better, WARBEASTY apparently somehow acquired enough pearls to be entered into the Kamikaze R drawing, and managed to snag one of the 1000 given out. You know, instead of literally anybody else.

Or he just bought one, they're for sale on the store for 12 USD

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Where are you seeing that? I see the cheapest package for the K-R as $21.99, unless you reversed your numbers.

I've already got the Fujin, but for $12 even I'd buy a duplicate ship.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Where are you seeing that? I see the cheapest package for the K-R as $21.99, unless you reversed your numbers.

Yeah, I saw $21 too. I was kind of hoping for $12-$15 for ship and a slot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They had a non-flagged version that didn't include 22 of each flag for 12 bucks. They increased the price though. Think they made a dyslexic typo or something, too bad I didn't pull the trigger on it :(

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 17, 2016

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

He's extra levels of drooling idiot terrible. I am amazed how he manages to even boot up his computer much less manage to launch the game client without hurting himself in the process.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Maybe WARBEASTY is a meta-troll or something, and is intentionally bad even though he knows full well how to play and win, it's the only thing I can come up with.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

...If you go to the forum thread that lists the winners and search for him, you'll find him. It's not like I've seen him playing it in a game or something.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
He may have hired a Vietnamese school boy to grind it out because he certainly could not do it on his own..

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I saw someone with a rating of 90 in a game with my kamakazie. I don't know how that's possible.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jownzy posted:

I saw someone with a rating of 90 in a game with my kamakazie. I don't know how that's possible.

Eat a lot of leaded paint chips.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Unless the stat site has some data gaps it looks like Warbeasty skipped the Kongo to get to the Fuso/Nagato? And his average damage in the Nagato is 13k lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Lady Morgaga posted:

Same here. Teams repeatedly snatch defeats from jaws of victory.

Speaking of, what is it about spotting enemy carriers that makes pubbies turn off their brains?

Three ships on the enemy cap and about to win us the match? Someone spots a carrier in the distance and all three chase after it while the enemy sits on our own cap.