Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 17, 1928)

Peanuts: Year Four (April 8-11, 1954)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Zereth posted:

There's allegedly one at the mall near me. I need to go check it out sometime.

Yeah, there's a couple near me, but i live in the hipster capital of the southwest (ok, a little south of it.) So, know your type I guess.

One of them is attached to a bar/live music venue/go-kart track/laser-tag arena, etc.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Geomancing posted:

Heading into a new story this week, we peer into the alternate universe where video game arcades haven't vanished. Anyone know of any around that aren't a Dave and Buster's?
To join the chorus saying 'yes' there is one in the mall about an hour from me. It is a dire unhappy little place, but it does exist.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Wanamingo posted:

Six Chix

And Bill Watterson's legacy lives on for another day

And William Hogarth's

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

How come there hasn't been some social app that lets you set your own theme song and have it play on other people's phones when you walk in the room? I'm patenting this idea right now, by the way, so don't get any ideas.

Here's my theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNJc_JuuTI

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Geomancing posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

Heading into a new story this week, we peer into the alternate universe where video game arcades haven't vanished. Anyone know of any around that aren't a Dave and Buster's?
Chuck E Cheeses are still around I think. The one near me really sucked for games last time I was there though. Until a couple years ago there was one at a mall in my town, but I don't think it survived the remodeling.

F Minus

Mary Worth

I'm not going to let that "soon" get my hopes up. That could mean weeks.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Neither of you seem too into this relationship. Not wanting people to think it's your fault you broke up is not a good reason to stay together. Quit getting distracted, put a bullet in this thing, and move on.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

Dally. Rally. Tally. O'Malley.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

We've got people taking their clothes off today, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it beef or cheesecake.

Phantom Classic

Oh, Jesus Christ.

Big Ben Bolt

Somebody got a little too excited with the paper cutter.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Look at that fuckin dog

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I love the Moomins, but the comic strip seems to really lean heavily into the plot structure where some devilish figure of caricatured rationality tries to dissuade the Moomin family from leading a slovenly but luxurious life of leisure without any visible means of subsistence.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
But we just finished a story about a crazy winter Olympian that fought a sea lion.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Rand Brittain posted:

I love the Moomins, but the comic strip seems to really lean heavily into the plot structure where some devilish figure of caricatured rationality tries to dissuade the Moomin family from leading a slovenly but luxurious life of leisure without any visible means of subsistence.

Well, you used to could do that sort of thing, before the 70's hosed everything up.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Geomancing posted:

I worked in an arcade this past summer. it was about 50% families with kids and 50% adults going to our bar and drunkenly playing pinball until 1 in the goddamn morning

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Bet he can't do Robert Frost.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

This depiction of the moomins, or moomin mama in particular isn't how I'm used to her to be honest. She's always been portrayed as a hard working housekeeper who has the answers to everything from food to illnesses.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jäätävä Spede

Headline: "Fingerpori artist stood Ville Niinistö up", and it's real (well, it probably wasn't a full page story...):
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kuntavaalit/art-1288508430200.html

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

dismas posted:

Look at that fuckin dog

That dog looks like it's right out of Mark Trail. The spirit of the Jackelrod lives on, although the rest of the characters look like they might not :zombie:

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Neither of you seem too into this relationship. Not wanting people to think it's your fault you broke up is not a good reason to stay together. Quit getting distracted, put a bullet in this thing, and move on.

My husband was telling me about one of his students. She's really talented and picks things up quickly but has been starting to slack. She told him she has a new (older and out of college) boyfriend and she has to spend every night at his house or he gets upset and she can't really do her homework at her house. Even though she's only 19 its totally "twu wuvvv" that she's throwing her college career / potential future employment away for.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Heavenly Nostrils

I think the only birthday parties I ever went to as a kid were ones for my specifically close friends. And never at an arcade/bowling alley/etc. I think I missed out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Captain Midnight (1943)

Classic Spider-Man (1998)

Mr Gorrilla moved his suit from one place to the "Tallest condo in the city" so he can spy everything all the time and something something kill spider-man?

And I know it's gas proof because I farted inside and nobody smelt it. Also continuing the running theme of having deadly weapons to fire at the monkey suit.

It can do anything a gorilla can do, why, I sniffed my own balls twice already!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angry Salami posted:

Bet he can't do Robert Frost.

And the worms should be free, anyways.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

1931? Get your facts straight, Ripley, you're practically dealing with eyewitnesses here.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Featuring Special Guest Artist Rob Liefeld

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

Ah yes, glowing algae / fungus / crystals. The eternal resort of the writer who can't be bothered to come up with any other light source for his characters.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Forget the light source, that woman's back is bent at a really unnatural angle, I think her spine is broken.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mark looks like Ted Cruz, in that his face is melting.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

LordPants posted:

Classic Spider-Man (1998)

Mr Gorrilla moved his suit from one place to the "Tallest condo in the city" so he can spy everything all the time and something something kill spider-man?

And I know it's gas proof because I farted inside and nobody smelt it. Also continuing the running theme of having deadly weapons to fire at the monkey suit.

It can do anything a gorilla can do, why, I sniffed my own balls twice already!

Gorilla-Man
Gorilla-Man
Does whatever a gorilla can
Bends a lamp
Any size

...that's all I got. :(

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 23, 1951)

Barnaby (June 30, 1942)

Nancy (March 9, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 20, 1928)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (March 9, 1943)

Four months prior, the first nuclear chain reaction took place at the University of Chicago.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but the squash courts weren't boom devices. Just insanely dangerous piles of unshielded fissile material.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 18, 1969)

That's an awkward bit of space on the end of Linus's last line. Wonder what the first draft was.

Funky Winkerbean

February is made for lovers...of relationship strife. :rolleyes:

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 10-11, 1928)

Thimble Theater (September 4, 1929)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hey blonde reporter lady, your actor boyfriend has most likely pretended to gently caress someone on camera more than once

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Does what's written on him actually translate? My Spanish is bad.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

goatface posted:

Dirty action terminato isn't a Spanish word earth/dirt/land cheap

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

So is theirs!

It's apparently an awful literal translation of "dirty deeds done dirt cheap."

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Geomancing posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

This seems inconvenient, yet logical.

There are a few here but they're not exclusively video games, they have things like foosball and stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jäätävä Spede

There's no way the man in orange shirt isn't a a caricature of a friend of Jarla with the way he's drawn. In all likelihood the man in the flashback panel is also a caricature of a younger him. Some day I'm going to threaten Jarla with a dagger and make him confess.

• Locked thread