Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
en malta odottaa tulevaa thermonukleaarista ydinsotaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Friendly Tumour posted:

en malta odottaa tulevaa thermonukleaarista ydinsotaa

sama

trump 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

quote:

Iraqi asylum seeker: The first Finnish word I learned was “vittu”

by Migrant Tales, under Enrique Tessieri

It’s a Sunday and we’re at a fast-food Middle Eastern restaurant in the heart of Helsinki. I have an appointment with a twenty-six-year-old Iraqi asylum seeker who came to Finland in September via Tornio and who is staying at one of Luona’s asylum reception centers. Like many who have the misfortune of staying at a reception center run by Luona, he too isn’t happy about the poor and humiliating treatment he’s getting.

Apart from traumas left by the violence in his country and the long journey to Finland, which hinges on a residence permit, the treatment he gets at Luona’s reception center only exacerbates his ordeal.

Mostafa* speaks:

“We are treated in a racist manner and like animals by Luona. In the first reception center I stayed at (managed by Luona) we were 10-12 asylum seekers in each room. We slept on the floor. People were forced to wear dirty clothes because there was only one washing machine for the whole center. The food that is served is horrible. It isn’t eatable and we don’t trust it. Even if the employees ensure us there’s no pork we can’t trust what they say. [Luona has accidentally served pork twice to asylum seekers].

The employees are racist and we don’t trust them. They don’t speak Arabic and they treat us in a humilitating manner with disrespect. They don’t even know our rights! They’ll call as well the police for any minor reason. A good example is what happened toMohammed Saleh Muhsin, who was locked up for 15 hours at a police cell for asking why his allowance was late. They also use the word vittu [gently caress] all the time when they are with us. Vittu is the first word I learned in Finnish.

The staff also steals clothes that was donated by people for us. The employees at Luona take the best clothes for themselves and leaves us those that are torn and which they don’t want. We have to buy everything ourselves with our 92-euro monthly allowance.

The police are very racist in Finland. Before New Year’s day I saw a group of Finns beating an asylum seeker in front of a building [Lasinpalatsi]. The police, who were a short distance away, didn’t do anything to stop what was happening.

The Finnish employees at Luona aren’t the only ones who treat us badly. There are Kurdish employees and security guards who treat Iraqis with contempt. The way it words is simple: Somali workers help the Somalis, the Kurds their own people and so forth.

I admit making a big mistake coming to Finland and I’m disappointed at myself for this. I feel mentally sick by the situation. Coming here was a big mistake. I’m constantly made to feel like trash and as a person who has no worth. If I ever returned back to Baghdad I’d tell others not to come Finland because they treat asylum seekers really badly.

But what can I do except accept the situation? I can’t go back home because there’s a war so I have no choice but to bear the situation, even if it’s very hard.

The death of the Afghani [Jayyed Abbas Jaffari] at Luona’s reception center in early January in Espoo raised a lot of concern among asylum seekers. It’s important that his death is cleared up. We’re not animals but humans.

If I had a chance to tell something to the Finns I’d tell them that we came here because you’re a country that respects human rights. I came here expecting to be treated like a brother but that hasn’t happened. Don’t treat us like animals. I was forced to come here because my country is at war.

I know that there are many good people in Finland and that being at the reception center is the total opposite of what Finland is like.

I cannot go back to Iraq. I don’t want to stay in Finland but I have no choice but to remain.

* Mostafa is a ficticious name.

Elämä Suomessa on pahempaa kuin ISIS kanssa :shrug:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Rappaport posted:

Elämä Suomessa on pahempaa kuin ISIS kanssa :shrug:

Why else do you think all these young kids are joining their ranks?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Something else: The government is planning to tighten immigration for mail-order brides from Thailand by demanding goons to have enough income for your SO, if they happen to come from outside EU borders. So if your monthly income is below 1700 euros (after taxes), it's time to get a new sweetheart. The scheduled change is set to happen during summer. Happy Valentine's Day!

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 14, 2016

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
So how much of that 1700 is for the bride? My friend is thinking about getting a pair.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Something else: The government is planning to tighten immigration for mail-order brides from Thailand by demanding goons to have enough income for your SO, if they happen to come from outside EU borders. So if your monthly income is at least 1700 euros (after taxes), it's time to get a new sweetheart. The scheduled change is set to happen during summer. Happy Valentine's Day!

Was surprised this only came up here today. Usually this place cries about things much harder than my SoMe-kupla but in this case it went the other way around.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SnowblindFatal posted:

So how much of that 1700 is for the bride? My friend is thinking about getting a pair.

iirc someone itt has one

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/art-1455423307125.html
Is this our new Nokia?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpw37HP1e1U
this will surely be our new nokia

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

:barf:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Nauta posted:

this will surely be our new nokia

Educate yourself, shitlord.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Puistokemisti posted:

Educate yourself, shitlord.

ahahahaha

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

yesssss

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Muslim beard? Is Sampo Terho a musselman now?

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
The opposite reading checks out.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Oh really Russia loving with us via asylum seekers?

The best thing ever are the people who still demand that we accept the situation as it is and cannot do anything about it, since human rights blah blah Geneva convention blah blah we have money blah blah blah Syrian children blah blah Odinin ääliöt on isoin ongelma blah because they have to disagree with anything and everything a "persu" might say or think.

No reason, no logic, no rhyme, just say the opposite someone who might be a persu might utter and *bling* magic your opinion is valid and right. Fucktards. We're in a mess and it's not about dying Syrian children.

e: I love that avatar, got to say again, big hug to whoever made it happen

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

human rights blah blah Geneva convention blah blah we have money blah blah blah Syrian children blah blah Odinin ääliöt on isoin ongelma blah

i'd love to be hosed by a russian

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Stop stalking me you creepy gently caress.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

Stop stalking me you creepy gently caress.

All I did was quote you and say that i would love to be hosed by a russian, you paranoid rear end in a top hat

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"i would love to have sex with russians"

ligur: "christ they are afte rme again those fuckers!!"

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
You quote far too many of my posts and often immediately after I press enter, go find another target for your insatiable freak lusts.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

You quote far too many of my posts and often immediately after I press enter, go find another target for your insatiable freak lusts.

no lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
eikö teidän pitänyt käydä kaljalla

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Proof that love can bloom on the battlefield

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HUMAN FISH posted:

Proof that love can bloom on the battlefield

I am not giving up on ligur. let everyone itt know that. As long as he posts his incredible insights here, I will always continue to love him. let it be known

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
It is known.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hogge Wild posted:

It is known.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
you all are a bunch of freaks

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

you all are a bunch of freaks

i know where you live (finland) and what you do for a living (post paranoid thoughts on a comedy forum where everyone accepts you) just thought i'd let you know :angel:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Huh, now every party in the government is saying that the proposed change to the immigration law that demands you have a big enough income to bring your beloved wife/husband to Finland is bad. Even TF is in the act. However, they're not happy about it because it affects Finns. Refugees on the other hand...

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sisäministeri on jo arvioinut, että kaksi kolmasosaa saapuneista ovat täällä elintason perässä, ei pakolaisina. Vetovoimatekijöiden vähentäminen on hallituksen toimintasuunnitelmassa. Onko se jotenkin yllätys, että Suomen kansalaisia ja elintasoshoppareita voitaisiin ajatella kohdeltavan eri kriteerein?

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Suomalaisille pitää lyödä enemmän raippaa, että herrakansalle riittää veroeuroja.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

So is this refugee funding thing going to be the next hallituskriisi?

persut want more loans, stubb wants more cuts and sipilä is trying to make the entire problem disappear through arcane kepu magicks.

I though most of the refugee bill was being paid by the EU but it seems that's not the case?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tuo on epäreilua, Alexhan sanoi että turvapaikanhakijoihin kuluvat rahat eivät ole keneltäkään pois!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

I though most of the refugee bill was being paid by the EU but it seems that's not the case?

What the gently caress, man? Of course not. Where on earth did you get that idea?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Rappaport posted:

Tuo on epäreilua, Alexhan sanoi että turvapaikanhakijoihin kuluvat rahat eivät ole keneltäkään pois!

Stubb demonstrating some top tier gibberish skills here.

Ligur posted:

What the gently caress, man? Of course not. Where on earth did you get that idea?

I remember reading that EU provided funding for countries that accepted lots of refugees. Clearly that's not the case

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sweden asked for funds from an EU crisis account after they got the latest batch of immigrants, but I don't remember seeing reporting on whether they actually got anything :shrug:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Sweden has diverted most of it's "foreign aid" stamped tax euros to internal immigration for a while now. Like, they have quit vaxination programs and poo poo just so they can pay for all the 15 year old Mohammads who look like 25 year olds (without any papers) and house and feed them.

People yell "waaaagh, Finland cutz from foreign aid" but if the money goes to serving the needs of third world migrants anyway I don't get the problem.

And EU is sure as hell not paying a dime. And if they do, we pay them more to pay something back.

Some years ago, it was a popular gimmick amongst migrants to believe that they don't actually owe anything to Nordic taxpayers because supposedly it's the UN who pays for the whole circus so they had a licence to behave like poo poo, sorry won't go stalking for links, you can believe it or not, but it was a popular myth (and AFAIK still is) the "UN" pays all the bills, which the UN certainly doesn't.

The whole UN budget for refugees, in the world, is the same as what Sweden and Finland pay for asylum seekers at the same time in a year, lol. Two tiny countries. But remember: you cannot disagree with this system or try to suggest more efficient ways to handle it because someone who votes for persu or is a far-right person might then agree with this view so it's a no-no and u must just disagree and shout slogans about racism and if you are a Swede plan torch marches and condemn local folks people for being evil and not inclusive to minorities and if posting on D&D constantly talk about brown people :shepicide:

Ligur fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/har-blivit-overraskad-over-hur-illa-det-ar/ (om du talar inte svenska)

So swedish police appears to be admitting that they can't maintain safety of many areas anymore. No word about the inhabitants but since danger of them radicalizing is apparently dire, we can only assume the worst and that those places are filled with the vermin of the society. That's right, poor white people.

I would ask swedes if my reading is accurate but ScanPol is closed and the ones in EuroPol were very rude.