Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mierenneuker posted:

It's pretty weird to post that not even a week after the great Kanye derail of 2016, yes.

As for LoL, what are the most straightforward Silver/Gold bans right now? I'm so out of touch with the meta. I'm not even considering jungling until weeks from now.

Ban Graves and Soraka. After that, who cares really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Sorry to all my homies in that last game my left arm stopped working properly about 10m in. LF is a feeder. namaste

Luna Was Here posted:

i mean who wants valid criticism when we can have non sequiturs, methanar selfies and candian weather reports am i RIGHT?>

Yeah, but unironically

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

hows this work? ekko btw

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this thread is actually really fun and at its best when we're just talking about whatever goofy stuff. like remember when everyone was posting pet pics :)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lovechop posted:

this thread is actually really fun and at its best when we're just talking about whatever goofy stuff. like remember when everyone was posting pet pics :)

Better then listening to me complain about Silver right?

Also lolsilver i'm 1 failed placement off bronze 3 baby!

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

hows this work? ekko btw

Maybe being super fast is more important than getting some more damage in your abilities. Having Swifties when everyone else has no boots would make you something like 15 to 20% faster, multiplicative with any other speed boost (like your passive).

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

hows this work? ekko btw

the second one is probably a small sample

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah its 267 games but the most frequent is only 271 as well

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.skoth.net/gamesblog/thinking-with-zzrot-portals-league-of-legends

This is a big, big guide for using zzTop portal.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 16, 2016

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I am playing against Jhin for the first time

His aesthetic is stupid, his animation is stupid, and I still don't know what he does, but whatever it is he doesn't seem to be very good at it

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

The Mattybee posted:

I am playing against Jhin for the first time

His aesthetic is stupid, his animation is stupid, and I still don't know what he does, but whatever it is he doesn't seem to be very good at it

He's an execute reliant champion that has no burst nor dps, along with having a reload mechanic that makes no sense thematically.
When he's ahead though he can one shot squishes with his ultimate but can never reasonably kill tanks even with 800 ad.
He does have a really neat long range root though so that feels kinda nice I guess.
kog'maw on the other hand makes the enemy adc become suddenly brain dead, yes the music is required.

I'll learn how to properly record video one of these days.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
He didn't do very much and we won

My impression is that he's an ADC for people who like Shaco, aka the kind of people who should have probably been aborted

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

john isn't bad but you gotta plan attacks in advance and how you'll manage to grab CS and harass without losing one or the other to a reload

he has decent waveclear but if you don't know what you're doing you're bound to miss one or two creeps every wave and that adds up

at least this is my impression from watching several games where a john fell off because they got behind too far in CS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mottie posted:

He's an execute reliant champion that has no burst nor dps, along with having a reload mechanic that makes no sense thematically.
When he's ahead though he can one shot squishes with his ultimate but can never reasonably kill tanks even with 800 ad.
He does have a really neat long range root though so that feels kinda nice I guess.
kog'maw on the other hand makes the enemy adc become suddenly brain dead, yes the music is required.

I'll learn how to properly record video one of these days.

to be fair that game botlane was hilariously bad.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Riot has already acknowledged that he's under tuned and they already have some small buffs for him on the PBE, with more to come probably.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Kashuno posted:

to be fair that game botlane was hilariously bad.

The first ten minutes of that game made me want to roll over and die.
Then suddenly this happened and I was too amused to be tilted anymore.
But a gold/plat jinx should have had the sense to try and fight 2 v 1, they let me kill them.

AHH FUGH posted:

Riot has already acknowledged that he's under tuned and they already have some small buffs for him on the PBE, with more to come probably.

He's the Bard of adcs so he will always have a special place in my heart, for sure.

VVVVV
He's just not that fun to play after a while because you realize you rely on a primary damage dealer to get the targets low enough to actually snipe off which kinda sucks when your role IS the primary damage dealer.
I actually think damage Bard outdamages damage jhin and that's kinda sad.

E: remind me to play more adc/apc Bard one of these days , its pretty great.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 16, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mottie posted:

He's the Bard of adcs so he will always have a special place in my heart, for sure.

Bard is actually fun tho.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

He probably just needs a couple post-release QOL buffs. It's not like Azir where it's still impossible to balance him a year later. I've seen him be pretty drat effective with the right support botlane (much less so mid, and I don't think he's good there.) His main trouble is he takes turrets soooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly. Even if your team wins a fight he gets half the objectives a normal ADC would be able to off the back of it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Oh I'm sorry I shitposted heavily in the last thread when it was pretty clear no mods were going to touch that thread does that mean my sick post cred is forever tarnished in your eyes?

Hahahah you think mods are going to touch THIS thread?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm pretty bad at league even though I've been playing forever and I've just picked up quinn and have been playing her mid and wow this is silly. Theres no way this can work outside of bronze! I'm looking to have her be a staple mid for me until I get out of bronze (lol yea right) and then switch back to vel'koz/lux/syndra if it doesn't seem to play as well in silver. But I've got some questions about her build...

I've been following champion.gg's recommendation of yoummus -> swifties -> RFC, and that feels good, but that build is for top not mid, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations/item changes/suggested runes/masteries literally anything, I don't want mid quinn to just be something I managed because I happened to lane against some people who were aggressively bad. I want mid quinn to be real so very badly even if I'm bad with her...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

GenericGirlName posted:

I'm pretty bad at league even though I've been playing forever and I've just picked up quinn and have been playing her mid and wow this is silly. Theres no way this can work outside of bronze! I'm looking to have her be a staple mid for me until I get out of bronze (lol yea right) and then switch back to vel'koz/lux/syndra if it doesn't seem to play as well in silver. But I've got some questions about her build...

I've been following champion.gg's recommendation of yoummus -> swifties -> RFC, and that feels good, but that build is for top not mid, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations/item changes/suggested runes/masteries literally anything, I don't want mid quinn to just be something I managed because I happened to lane against some people who were aggressively bad. I want mid quinn to be real so very badly even if I'm bad with her...

Quinn is a good champion right now and a fine mid pick. The build you mentioned is fine, but I would always go hexdrinker first or second if you're up against an AP laner or an AP heavy team. Her build mid should be basically the same as top, and should probably include Yommuu's, Maw (if against AP), RFC, Sterak's, w/e

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

quinn is pretty balanced right now, she can still pull off good poo poo but now you actually have to watch the mana bar sometimes because birds have a meaningful cost

i like shiv over RFC but that's because i play her top and my style emphasizes splitpushing over killing mans

i will still kill a mans if i dont like their mug tho

stump collector
May 28, 2007

that music is super irritating and it looks like you were shooting bots

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Verviticus posted:

the second one is probably a small sample

Not just that, but a jungle who is buying swifties first is probably a pro/Korean jungler. If you watch reignover stream he rushes swift. If you hear moons interview this weekend he says in Korea soloq they rush swift and sightstone before jungle item.

bike appreciator
Mar 19, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

It's pretty weird to post that not even a week after the great Kanye derail of 2016, yes.

As for LoL, what are the most straightforward Silver/Gold bans right now? I'm so out of touch with the meta. I'm not even considering jungling until weeks from now.

I think that Udyr, Soraka, Malphite, KogMaw are all decent bans right now in that elo. Udyr is just generally a huge PITA at all stages, people never focus Soraka so it makes your games frustrating, Malph brings the game changing ult when you end up playing ARAM mid, Kog is sort of stupid right now if he has a good frontline (and I wouldn't depend on my bottom to shut him out in his horrid early game).

You might want to ban jhin so noone on your team chooses him. I wish I was kidding.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Fozzle posted:

I think that Udyr, Soraka, Malphite, KogMaw are all decent bans right now in that elo. Udyr is just generally a huge PITA at all stages, people never focus Soraka so it makes your games frustrating, Malph brings the game changing ult when you end up playing ARAM mid, Kog is sort of stupid right now if he has a good frontline (and I wouldn't depend on my bottom to shut him out in his horrid early game).

You might want to ban jhin so noone on your team chooses him. I wish I was kidding.

This website is pretty onpoint: http://bestbans.com/

For bronze and silver they recommend banning Xin/Udyr/Lux/Malph.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
When I checked CGG the other day, Lux was the highest win rate, pick rate, and KDA mid laner. So that seems like a good defensible ban to me.

bike appreciator
Mar 19, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

This website is pretty onpoint: http://bestbans.com/

For bronze and silver they recommend banning Xin/Udyr/Lux/Malph.

Cool site! I didn't think about how monstrous Xin must be in Silver/Bronze, he's pretty meh in high gold/low plat.

Statistically Lux is amazing, but I never see that in my games. :S Just a lot of missed binds. But yea I think it's a great ban, can't argue with the numbers.

EDIT: My soraka ban choice is mainly out of a deep personal hatred of her. She's definitely not as great as she was and probably not worth banning the more I think about it.

bike appreciator fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 16, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

He probably just needs a couple post-release QOL buffs. It's not like Azir where it's still impossible to balance him a year later. I've seen him be pretty drat effective with the right support botlane (much less so mid, and I don't think he's good there.) His main trouble is he takes turrets soooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly. Even if your team wins a fight he gets half the objectives a normal ADC would be able to off the back of it.

That's the main problem I see with him, taking turrets is half the reason why you take a ranged ADC in the first place.

He needs a damage bonus vs Turrets or the ability for the 4th shot to crit them.
It also wouldn't hurt if his reload time was improved, every fourth shot being a crit is neat, but Xin doesn't have to reload his spear for those crits.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Lovechop posted:

I like it when its just like 1/3 random garbage, 1/3 gameplay talk, 1/3 bitching about the loving FRAUD RIOT LYTE, and 1/3 inside jokes/methanar selfies/mobafire builds

Speaking of which nobody is going to talk me out of my straight garbage mobafire kog build of bork->hurricane->er with w>q>e. Rageblade looked at me funny.

Also nobody is banning Kog in silver. My main issue is when I'm top and they show Shen/Naut or something so I can't pick Shen and have to pick something that's okay against those two and then surprise it's support Shen you get to deal with Riven. gently caress Riven and set fire to her stupid stumpy sword.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 16, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres a really stark contrast between the paths this thread and the dota2 thread went down while both being mod-free paradises

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Radical posted:

theres a really stark contrast between the paths this thread and the dota2 thread went down while both being mod-free paradises

What is the dota thread like

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

imagine a bioware rpg where this thread is the light side path and the dota 2 thread is the dark side path

currently talking about "butt drugs"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The smash bros thread is my favorite unregulated games thread

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Radical posted:

currently talking about "butt drugs"

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/692967570740224001

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im very glad kog maw is good because hes the cutest adc

edit: nothing wrong with getting your rear end played with... that's why the male g-spot is for a reason

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I kept queuing as support / bot last night, and kept getting bot vs Kog Maw.

It turns out I'm very bad at bot. Then I starting queuing support / mid, and it turns out I'm only a little bad at mid.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Is there something wrong with "Bot" queuing this patch? I was getting a fairly even mix of top/sup/adc before, I have not been slotted into a single support slot with top/bot right now.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Is there something wrong with "Bot" queuing this patch? I was getting a fairly even mix of top/sup/adc before, I have not been slotted into a single support slot with top/bot right now.

Bot is just ADC, which is not really intuitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

NTT posted:

The smash bros thread is my favorite unregulated games thread

Every unregulated thread is the best thread. Imagine if posting selfies was discouraged and belly-kha.jpg was never posted. a terrible tragedy

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 16, 2016

• Locked thread