Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Well at least the vendor leaks conspiracy is entertaining. Drugs, strippers, and back alley deals... it seems to just have it all!

I would assume that buylists are probably under intense scrutiny as we speak. Who knew early and when? Who decided to fire-sale wasteland? Who is this leaker and what is his motiviation?

Its like lifetime, but for nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

:same: friend was really dumb and carried around several ounces after trading a lot at a GP once. :psyduck:

i feel like the cross-section of magic players and drug users would be pretty high

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mandatory lesbian posted:

i feel like the cross-section of magic players and drug users would be pretty high

well yeah both groups spend a lot of money and are looked down upon by the public at large

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It is. I mean a huge portion of the player base is college students. And offloading one good is much easier than the other.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Ramos posted:

I can't wait for the CSI Miami episode where we look into children's card games and their value on the black market.

Magic the gathering online exchange -> bitcoin -> silk road

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

suicidesteve posted:

I like how you go from condescending....

...to a post that reinforces his point that drugs are easy to get.

I would argue that fake Magic cards are still easier to get than drugs. Also, the original argument wasn't that drugs are hard to get, it was just that the present inability and/or unwillingness of the thread at large to specify where you buy the good poo poo has nothing to do with whether you can get good poo poo.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 16, 2016

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

suicidesteve posted:

I like how you go from condescending....

...to a post that reinforces his point that drugs are easy to get.
And I like how you skip reading comprehension in its entirety to make a lovely attempt at sniping at me. Hint: drug use (both variety and quantity) differ by county and state. :ssh:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

I would argue that fake Magic cards are still easier to get than drugs.

lmao

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Angry Grimace posted:

I would argue that fake Magic cards are still easier to get than drugs. Also, the original argument wasn't that drugs are hard to get, it was just that the present inability and/or unwillingness of the thread at large to specify where you buy the good poo poo has nothing to do with whether you can get good poo poo.

Cue goons tripping over themselves to tell you how many drug contacts they have in their phones.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
getting drugs is easier then getting fake magic cards irl by virtue of the fact that drug selling is far more lucrative

neither is really hard tho since you can just buy all the fake magic cards you need online anyway

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

lmao we have a forum dedicated to doing drugs you dolt, why would a mod give a drat

I just checked TCC, and the first forum-specific rule is this:

quote:

No buying or selling of drugs. Anyone that makes a post that could be insinuated even in the slightest as one asking for or offering drugs will be banned. Sly and sneaky comments attempting to circumvent this rule and even jokes where every person on this planet would know that you were joking will still get you banned. Don't ask for anyone to link you to off-site resources or provide you with names or locations. I don't care, someone will ban you for it.

I mean the joke is obvious, but better safe than sorry.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I am pretty sure I could buy both from my the comforts of my computer chair.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I specced hard on ludes and it paid off, big time.

Amid all this weird leak and drug news, has anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ApRKujxGAM

If this really works, is it even practical?
Edit: I mean, yea, but so does typing? Can't I just outsource all my sorting to some sweatshop?

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 16, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Snacksmaniac posted:

Seems like it would take forever.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I just checked TCC, and the first forum-specific rule is this:

I mean the joke is obvious, but better safe than sorry.

that is a stupid as heck rule, but okay im sorry for calling the guy a dolt

Sickening posted:

I am pretty sure I could buy both from my the comforts of my computer chair.

you can but buying drugs online is not something i'd advise doing

i mean i guess there's little chance you'd get caught but idk i never really got into it

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
most of r&d is made up of long time players. most of the big retail sites are made up of long time players. group a and group b have been friends long before the business side existed. it's totally unlikely these people share info.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

GeneX posted:

Magic the gathering online exchange -> bitcoin -> silk road

look zach

m. t. g. in the coffee

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Snacksmaniac posted:

Edit: I mean, yea, but so does typing? Can't I just outsource all my sorting to some sweatshop?

I think I saw a LLR video where they were using that to live update the overlay when a new card was played. Seemed to work.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

UberJew posted:

look zach

m. t. g. in the coffee

To be fair, magic drug dealing is pretty much the starting point of that game.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Snacksmaniac posted:

Seems like it's pretty useful, especially for people who aren't able to recognize the edition of a card.

It's also not nearly as active or error prone as typing the names of the cards in by hand.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

Not even close, I guarantee if you come off as someone "open" to recreational drug use, in any way shape or form, you can easily buy/obtain them, in person, rather than via the internet with "foreign contractors" of dubious reliability. Now if you look like/come off as a narc, then your statement might carry some water.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just saw that Aaron Forsythe is on the development team for Eternal Masters. This has got to be his own personal hell.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Terrible Horse posted:

I think I saw a LLR video where they were using that to live update the overlay when a new card was played. Seemed to work.

They've been using something similar a bunch.
The newer "crack a pack" segments of Tap Tap Conceed use it.
They used it when they ran a mini-tournement using their OGW sealed prerelease pools:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8WaiKoHT1c

8-player Canadian Highlander tournament:
http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/v/41526157

Tech explained: http://www.twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun/v/39645610

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well, 5200 buylist for 40 dual lands. New Camaro here I come.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Madmarker posted:

Not even close, I guarantee if you come off as someone "open" to recreational drug use, in any way shape or form, you can easily buy/obtain them, in person, rather than via the internet with "foreign contractors" of dubious reliability. Now if you look like/come off as a narc, then your statement might carry some water.

I have no idea on what you base the claim that finding counterfeit Magic cards is hard at all, particularly vis a vis buying some meth. People in this thread have stated they have them and weren't hard to find. I don't know, spending the 30 minutes of time it takes on Google to look up where to buy the good fakes isn't hard at all. Besides, that entire line of argument is both highly variable depending on where you are, and also totally irrelevant.

The underlying issue is that, again, the fact that people aren't specifically linking to where to buy the sick counterfeits has no bearing on whether they exist and are available.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 16, 2016

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I have no idea on what you base the claim that finding counterfeit Magic cards is hard at all, particularly vis a vis buying some meth. People in this thread have stated they have them and weren't hard to find. I don't know, spending the 30 minutes of time it takes on Google to look up where to buy the good fakes isn't hard at all. Besides, that entire line of argument is both highly variable depending on where you are, and also totally irrelevant.

The underlying issue is that, again, the fact that people aren't specifically linking to where to buy the sick counterfeits has no bearing on whether they exist and are available.

My point is that you have to search for the counterfeits and where to by them, recreational drugs will literally fall into your lap without any effort.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Madmarker posted:

My point is that you have to search for the counterfeits and where to by them, recreational drugs will literally fall into your lap without any effort.

I'm picturing the gamecube joke album with drugs in every shot.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
where do y'all even get fakes

i'd like a coulpe for EDH decks bc proxies bug the poo poo out of me

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

Nobody ever advertises them as "fakes," they're always called "proxies" because that sounds quasi-legal.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 16, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Angry Grimace posted:

Nobody ever advertises them as "fakes," they're always called "proxies" because that sounds quasi-legal.

well duh

anyway i found it

kinda irritated that i have to get a set list of cards and can't replace, say, my proxy Transmute Artifact

but whatever im replacing EDH cards for a song

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Aliexpress.com is a place where you can buy things from china

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Give me all your Jaces and duals or I'll beat you up!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

well duh

anyway i found it

kinda irritated that i have to get a set list of cards and can't replace, say, my proxy Transmute Artifact

Much like buying weed on the street, quality is variable, and I know a few people (online) who have been disappointed in whatever they got directly from China. The best fakes I ever saw apparently came from a guy in Staten Island (who I'm sure I could find the contact info for if I really wanted to - I still talk to the guy at my LGS who got them) but I doubt this dude was personally printing them up, he probably had a source in China or something. But these fakes were very much convincing, even unsleeved. Sleeved, I doubt you'd ever know other than the fact its unlikely they'd be NM 20 years after printing.

Seeing those is what convinced me to never even consider investing in duals and I've been buying singles that have the holofoil if possible.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 16, 2016

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Have any of you ever had any problems with stores or people flipping out over proxy use in casual play like EDH? I'm not even talking about Chinese fakes, I mean obvious stuff like printed proxies or Champion Edition or Worlds cards?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://twitter.com/Vendorleak/status/699702883885850625

LSV still the good guy here, I see. When did he transition to CFB?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Lord posted:

Have any of you ever had any problems with stores or people flipping out over proxy use in casual play like EDH? I'm not even talking about Chinese fakes, I mean obvious stuff like printed proxies or Champion Edition or Worlds cards?

we've had to say no proxies in our EDH league because we sanction it as a casual event (gold border cards still allowed) but other than that no

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lightning Lord posted:

Give me all your Jaces and duals or I'll beat you up!

Real players duel each other for cards.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Ramos posted:

Real players duel each other for cards.
I was talking to a girl I used to work with about magic and she seemed to be fairly up on things until I told her that FNM does have mandatory ante in place. :psyduck: Like, she was practically stunned by the idea that people do not in fact default to throwing away a part of their deck every loving game.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

This image has never been more accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

well duh

anyway i found it

I get my proxies from this binder right here.

http://youtu.be/yIr7dXjnrYE

• Locked thread