Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd rather experience fighting a real player instead of an npc. i'm going to be playing for another hour or so, and can get on later tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it would be cool to play as the boss. apparently you get his tornado head thing if you play as him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've done it once in 6 years of playing the game and it's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will try tonight then, but idk if it will work since the only character I have available for it has already beaten that boss. May lock me out of multiplayer for that archstone

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

I.N.R.I posted:

it would be cool to play as the boss. apparently you get his tornado head thing if you play as him

Playing as bosses is always cool. I'm eagerly awaiting the Shovel Knight Boss Vs. Battle mode. Sorry if this is off topic

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i think i'm going to go full havel armor in dark souls 2 because it seems like the stats allow it a lot more easily than dark souls 1 did

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there anything worthwhile in the poison pit with all the fetuses?

also garl was easy as hell, and i just pumped arrows into the lady until she died. i felt sort of bad, but hey, i need that archstone.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo, this run up the stairs against the blue dragon is loving terrible. i have no idea how i'm supposed to do this. whoever designed this needs to have a softball thrown directly at their nutsack.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, the youtube videos to cheesing it with magic have the character doing 20 times what i can muster with my bow and still taking forever to kill it. i'm basically never killing this loving thing, and i have a feeling that this is a boss run.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like i'm buying over 9000 arrows and kunai and slowly chip damaging this piece of poo poo to death.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

holy poo poo, this run up the stairs against the blue dragon is loving terrible. i have no idea how i'm supposed to do this. whoever designed this needs to have a softball thrown directly at their nutsack.

he fires in two patterns and alternates between them, it's not too hard

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I've done it once in 6 years of playing the game and it's cool

ig ot it on my first run through and it was great. kkind of wish i was playing a magic character so i had a good reason to keep the wrap on but magic in demon's souls is lame as poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

engaging with game mechanics ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everytime i got a player boss for 3-3 they would do wrath of god/flame pillars through the fogwall and instantly kill me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

everytime i got a player boss for 3-3 they would do wrath of god/flame pillars through the fogwall and instantly kill me

lmfao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
so if i'm missing a single rock for upgrading, does that mean i'm hosed? i'm pretty sure i've cleared out as many crystal lizards in 2 as i can find, and i'm one chunk of sharpstone short of a +10

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you need sharpstone, go pureblack on world 4 and kill yourself some skellies

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

sector_corrector posted:

fun fact: that is the exact point at which I stopped playing demon's souls.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just looked up the timing on the run on youtube because it pissed me off. it's actually not that hard, but i still don't like the fact that they put that into a boss run without a shortcut. that's definitely something that bloodborne did well... maybe the best.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well, it doesnt respawn if you kill it. so theres an option

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

well, it doesnt respawn if you kill it. so theres an option

yeah, i'm going to poison it to death while shooting it with a bow i just spent some time upgrading, since i invested in faith, and i haven't found a handy lightning spear equivalent

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
try using the clever rat ring. you can also stack it with the morion blade if you have that. u will do a lot more damage with ranged attacks

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it took a while, but i was able to take off about 2000 health per poison with kunai. now i just need to fight allant. he soul sucked me or w/e. he definitely seems like a more modern souls boss, and is quite hard. i wish the elevator to him didn't take so long, but it should be a fun fight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Allant is epic, and the blue dragon has made me epic QQ in the past but now I know you just stand on the far right, wait for two breaths and then run straight without stopping. I can play at 8pm CST at the earliest for the 3-3 fight , if you're still around then to finish the fight. It would be epic to be your final boss haha

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i could probably do that, although it might depend on if my roomie wants to the tv at that time. i'll let you know w/in 30 minutes or so of that time?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok, let's rock

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
npc invaders are harder than most of the bosses for me so far in dark souls 2

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm at the maneater archstone. just let me know what to do and i'll approach the boss door.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm being held up later than expected...gah I apologize. It may not be until 8:30

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I'm being held up later than expected...gah I apologize. It may not be until 8:30

that's cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
if yall dont get to do this poo poo im gonna feel blue balls as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna be like 9...9:15, 9:30. This is getting out of control

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i have to go at 9:00 CST. you want to do it tomorrow some time? i should be available around 9:00 then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, haha, if you don't mind waiting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got egg of my face now.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I never did much pvp in any souls game but I'm havin fun getting my butt kicked in the bell tower

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

backstep attacks always get people, also in DS2 you can actually punish rolling away

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the old king darden, or w/e his name is, kicked my rear end. i actually got him down to 3/4s with poison, but then he ate grass on me. fucker! idk if i'm going to bother with that one.

i took a few more shots at allant. his distance punish is sort of annoying, since it apparently covers the entire arena. i think i probably have to bait his attacks to heal instead of backing away, which is the first time a boss has really done that in this game. it's good though. i feel like i'm getting better each attempt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Old King Allant is great because when I first played demons souls he seemed like an insurmountable maniac and when I started playing dark souls it's basically the jumping off point for their boss design and it's only gotten more and more brutal over time. [Kanye voice] Haha I love it though, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I just got home, 2 hours later than anticipated. I'll set my char up so I'm totally ready though.

• Locked thread