Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to play all 4 souls games again in preparation for Dark Souls III releasing in exactly 69 days from today, in order, killing all 100 bosses except for probably Ancient Dragon in Dark Souls II because I'm really bad at that fight. I've played all of these games lots of times but there's still stuff I haven't done in each, so I'm gonna be doing some somewhat gimmicky runs. My plans:

Demon's Souls
I'm going to play offline and do some world tendency manipulation to check out some of the Black Phantom NPC stories I've never seen, and try to get the Hiltless very early and pair it with the Rat Rings and play most of the game at <30% health

Dark Souls
Grab the Butcher's Knife in the first 5 minutes and play through the game dressed like Maneater Mildred. I've never played the DLC for this game so I wanna try something less gimmicky so I might be able to actually beat it.

Dark Souls II
I'm playing on PC and going to cheat myself 99 respec items and reroll all of my stats every time I beat a boss.

Bloodborne
I've never played a Bloodtinge character so I'm going to try out a Chikage character.

Who else is getting unbelievably excited for this undoubtedly awesome game coming out in just two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I'm.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

if you havent done the dlc you definitely dont wanna go in with a gimmick, or based around sorcery and the moonlight great sworf

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I played Dark Souls II twice, once vanilla and once with SotFS, and both times I just lost interest about two-thirds of the way through. It's so long...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

if you havent done the dlc you definitely dont wanna go in with a gimmick, or based around sorcery and the moonlight great sworf

This is what I figured , gonna play that more standard.

Kicking off Demon's Souls now, making a Female Wanderer ready to save Boletaria

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the black world phantoms in demons are p. much postgame superbosses (except the executioner in world 1, shes easy) and insanely loving hard unless you cheese them so GL OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is a cool idea OP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i can't do this but i wish everyone participating a good game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm doing a bloodtinge chikage guy myself, at the moment. my goal is to invade a lot of people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

the black world phantoms in demons are p. much postgame superbosses (except the executioner in world 1, shes easy) and insanely loving hard unless you cheese them so GL OP

Im planning on doing the 4-1 guy immediately after clearing 1-1 :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phalanx is down...99 bosses to go.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Literally, 69 days until April 12th.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Literally, 69 days until April 12th.

tfw you realize Dark Souls 3 comes out the day before your birthday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

World 1: +1
World 4: -1

Looking forward to -4.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Same dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tower Knight down, and I have enough ephermeral eyes to attempt the Satsuki Black Demon fight.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
>tfw no demon souls or bloodborne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Tower Knight down, and I have enough ephermeral eyes to attempt the Satsuki Black Demon fight.

you gon' die

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's true

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he aggros the moment you move after spawning in 4-1 so if you get owned dont come back till youre ready to kill him :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

you gon' die

his movements are super slow so im going to backstab him to death

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was super happy that I got far enough in Demon's to enjoy Phalanx's cameo in Dark Souls.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

his movements are super slow so im going to backstab him to death

oh yeah. i forgot backstabbing in demons was insanely easy lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

You are gonna have a blast with the Dark Souls DLC, OP, I'm sure. I'm inspired by this and am actually going to complete Demon's Souls for the first time before Dark Souls 3 is released.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh man, i really want to play DeS... idk if it's worth a hundred dollars plus the game just for that, though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive only played an hour of dark souls 1 on xbox 360 :D

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was super happy that I got far enough in Demon's to enjoy Phalanx's cameo in Dark Souls.

Painted world is a top tier souls level, probably my favorite after all of bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh yeah. i forgot backstabbing in demons was insanely easy lol

Ive been trying for an hour and havent been able to kill him despite draining his health bar up to 4 times in single fights. He can heal himself back to full health unless you stand right on top of him once he falls below 25% health and sometimes he will just attack you anyway making it nearly luck to actually kill him. I will succeed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Benny D posted:

Painted world is a top tier souls level, probably my favorite after all of bloodborne
My favorite Dark Souls area is the Duke's Archives, but the Painted World is pretty great.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'll do DS1 and 2 with you OP.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I loved the progression in Duke's, how you got trapped and had to get out of that poo poo was a goddamn tough journey the first time. the design and look of the Painted World was also very tight and the snow a refreshing change. but for me, then finding the completely optional Ash Lake is just jaw-droppingly epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkEiD8PC5o

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Ive been trying for an hour and havent been able to kill him despite draining his health bar up to 4 times in single fights. He can heal himself back to full health unless you stand right on top of him once he falls below 25% health and sometimes he will just attack you anyway making it nearly luck to actually kill him. I will succeed

lmfao wait until you fight the king

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Benny D posted:

the research lab in the bloodborne dlc was pretty much tower of latria 2.0 but it was my favorite zone of any bloodsouls game ever

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
also playing a bloodtinge/chikage character is some of the most fun I've had in video games and that build just feels like the most bloodborne of all possible builds

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ash Lake is legendary.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i guess the devs knew it was super easy to cheese the AI so they gave some of the black phantoms and the king like 10 full moon grasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not doing this but good luck goon

• Locked thread