Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I love the 1440 resolution screenshot with 640 photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We need to pool our resources and do a Festiva VS X90 demo derby.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit: hrm

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rhyno posted:

I was going to say car soccer but those always end up as a demo derby anyway.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Rhyno posted:

yaaaaas

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

mariooncrack posted:

I am going to Dayton this weekend....good thing I don't have a way to bring it back

How about an '88 'vert, or a 924?

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

KakerMix posted:

EDIT AGAIN
I'm seriously over here looking at importing a kei truck/van from 25 years ago now.

I sold my beater Civic yesterday and did a CL search for anything pre-75 local to me and found this: http://chico.craigslist.org/cto/5406314124.html

It's a little pricey for non-running project and I'm doubtful I can find a windshield outside of Japan or SE Asia but damned if I don't want it bad. Even my GF likes (the idea of) it. It would be cool to restore it period correct, or swap in a GL1100. I haven't been able to find much on Conys in English, let alone parts. Repro windshield and engine gaskets are available, but that's about it...

monsterzero fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 16, 2016

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd be really sad if you guys smashed up that many X90s. If they had had a title on hand, I would have bought a red 4x4 5 speed manual X90 from a junkyard in maine a year before Tremek found me my Justy. Tiny fuel sipping manual 4x4s with zero parts availability just appeal to me for some reason.

Also, it's about time that CL finally realized maybe they should make things easier on their users by adding a zipcode-distance search instead of futilely attempting to retain users by getting stuff like crazedlist/searchtempest taken down or broken by changing their site. The harder you grasp your userbase, the more of them slip through your fingers.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Hot drat I didn't realize they had added that. They should have added it a decade ago!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

monsterzero posted:

I sold my beater Civic yesterday and did a CL search for anything pre-75 local to me and found this: http://chico.craigslist.org/cto/5406314124.html

It's a little pricey for non-running project and I'm doubtful I can find a windshield outside of Japan or SE Asia but damned if I don't want it bad. Even my GF likes (the idea of) it. It would be cool to restore it period correct, or swap in a GL1100. I haven't been able to find much on Conys in English, let alone parts. Repro windshield and engine gaskets are available, but that's about it...

Man that looks cool but it's going to be a 2-stroke and like you said, parts availability. I'm down with driving around say a late 80s Suzuki kei van because it's rad but at least I can find parts, it's reliable and as comfortable as you can get in a 10 foot long deathbox with 50 horsepower.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

KakerMix posted:

Man that looks cool but it's going to be a 2-stroke and like you said, parts availability. I'm down with driving around say a late 80s Suzuki kei van because it's rad but at least I can find parts, it's reliable and as comfortable as you can get in a 10 foot long deathbox with 50 horsepower.

You can fit a 115/120hp Johnson V4 in there no problem.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5452690869.html

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Well, it's not like he's giving it away, or even selling it really cheap or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Also, it's about time that CL finally realized maybe they should make things easier on their users by adding a zipcode-distance search instead of futilely attempting to retain users by getting stuff like crazedlist/searchtempest taken down or broken by changing their site. The harder you grasp your userbase, the more of them slip through your fingers.

It's nice, but being limited to a 200 mile radius kinda sucks, I should be able to search all over the drat country like on auto trader :colbert:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

That's quite a wing...

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
Paging Cornholio!

https://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5454721296.html

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pinstripes, bench seats, awesome fins and five point oh.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5430023796.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Frohike999 posted:

Paging Cornholio!

If that is really a manual transmission monte it is totally worth it. The paint work is actual good quality just I prefer not to rock a child molester motif. Not sure about what a pop top is. I don't think that is oem.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Elephanthead posted:

If that is really a manual transmission monte it is totally worth it. The paint work is actual good quality just I prefer not to rock a child molester motif. Not sure about what a pop top is. I don't think that is oem.

You could get Monte Carlos with T-tops, but not a targa top, like that... Which means he hacked the center brace out. :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd be shocked if it really was a manual, people make that mistake posting CL adds all the time. When I narrow a search to MANUAL about 1/4 of them are automatics that were listed wrong.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MrYenko posted:

You could get Monte Carlos with T-tops, but not a targa top, like that... Which means he hacked the center brace out. :v:

Well the brace probably only matters for a roll over since it is body on frame, but I suspect they cut the whole roof out and that was not a t top car. Otherwise what would they have to stick back over the hole?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Elephanthead posted:

Well the brace probably only matters for a roll over since it is body on frame, but I suspect they cut the whole roof out and that was not a t top car. Otherwise what would they have to stick back over the hole?

You're making a hell of an assumption, there.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/5451928566.html

They're great tires and that is a red body.

Eskaton fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 20, 2016

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

leica posted:

When I narrow a search to MANUAL about 1/4 of them are automatics that were listed wrong.

And then it skips half of the cars that are actually manual.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 21, 2016

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
I wish I had 2k because I'd totally snatch this up, it's the perfect sleeper.

quote:

Selling my 88 Lincoln Town Car it has a Mustang 5.0 motor with a little work and has been converted to a 5 speed Manual. Runs good all it needs it's a distributor cap and a tune up have spare parts for the car to go with it have had alot of work done to the car. You won't find another stick shift town car. It's the ultimate sleeper for racing. asking 2000 or best offer possible trade let me know what you have

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5457103109.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Interesting swap, but I don't think I would call it a "sleeper" in the sense of that thing being much faster than with an auto unless that 302 has been played with. That thing has to be 4000lbs+

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

slidebite posted:

Interesting swap, but I don't think I would call it a "sleeper" in the sense of that thing being much faster than with an auto unless that 302 has been played with. That thing has to be 4000lbs+

Pretty sure that'a the stock motor with a T5 from a fox body. Intakes on the Mustangs were flipped.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, that sure looks like the stock 302. It's a Mustang motor in the same way that all 350s are Vette engines.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
The upper intake can be mounted in either direction. And the only difference that I know of between the standard- and high-output intakes is the size of the throttle body. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two visually, but I'm by no means an expert.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A manual 5 speed 6 cylinder Maxima. And it's clean.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5460404159.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I've always liked those and that looks really clean. IIRC it had the L28E and rest of drivetrain from the 280ZX. Not a powerhouse but decent enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a terrible idea but I have a large chunk of cash sitting here doing nothing so I am very tempted.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

slidebite posted:

I've always liked those and that looks really clean. IIRC it had the L28E and rest of drivetrain from the 280ZX. Not a powerhouse but decent enough.

That one is too new for that - it's a FWD with a VG V6

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

dissss posted:

That one is too new for that - it's a FWD with a VG V6

Correct you are sir.

Also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Maxima#Second_generation_.28PU11.3B_1985.E2.80.931988.29

quote:

An exclusive option for 1988 was the Sonar Suspension System -which was part of the Electronics Pkg- replacing the trip computer that was previously offered. This feature used sonar waves to monitor the road conditions ahead and adjusted the shocks accordingly for the most controlled ride.
:monocle:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The VG Maximas are ok but I like the Cressida a lot more.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Human Grand Prix posted:

The VG Maximas are ok but I like the Cressida a lot more.

Those were still RWD and straight 6 through '92 (in the US), like the '84 and earlier Maximas, so, yeah.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

slidebite posted:

True, I want to say the motors were putting out 190hp for that year. With some bolt ons and a supercharger it would be pretty cool. I don't know I like weird cars and I'd daily drive the hell out of it.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/ctd/5424773222.html

quote:

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A CAR THAT GETS ALL THE ATTENTION AT CAR SHOWS AND ANY WHERE ELES YOU GO DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD RED LIGHTS PEOPLE WILL ASK YOU ALL DAY WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THAT SO IF YOU DONT LIKE ATTENTION THEN DONT BUY THIS CAR ITS RED LOOKS LIKE A LAMBO THIS CAR IS SITTING ON A 1977 CORVETTE CHASSIC ITS NOT A KIT CAR CUSTOM MADE BODY THE GUY I GOT IT FROM BUILDS CARS FOR HENDRICK MOTOR SPORTS WENT TO CRUISE THE COAST THIS PASS YEAR DROVE GREAT TRAILERED OVER AND DROVE IT BACK HANDLES LIKE A RACE CAR HUGS THE ROAD ITS DIFFERENT AND IT CAN BE YOURS NO TEXING CALL CHARLIE 1 504 427 5931 CAR ALSO HAS WHITE LEATHER INTERIOR

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

NOT A KIT CAR but a "custom" made body that somehow looks even worse than a kit car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I was talking to an old-timer at work about how he used to race Dodge Omnis back in the eighties, and how the 2.2 turbo was a fine motor. I hadn't seen one on the street in awhile, and took to craigslist.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5437895225.html

+

http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/ptd/5448931880.html

Bad idea or terrible idea :v: