Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what's the thread title about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm gonna guess... literally all of apple's apps

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i had to reboot my phone yesterday to get Pages to sync my documents to iCloud. i needed to do this because i wrote my resume in the web version of pages, but the web version of pages does not let you adjust the margins of a document, while the iphone version does. then when i exported as a pdf, every letter "u" was about 1.5 times bigger than all the other letters. i will not be using Pages again.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

sund posted:

macrumors reported finding "Interac" in the strings of one of the latest iOS betas. if they can lock that down any competition will be boned so hard in canada.
:pray:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blackula69 posted:

do you still use cash? or like, sign a piece of paper? america's way behind on NFC payments, i don't use anything else in Canada

i'm pretty sure internaut! is in canada, t.dot region

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
some folks just don't do a lot of daily p2p transactions

make coffee at home, pack a lunch, put literally everything on the expense account/company tab, whateves

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
~my transaction-free hermetic lifestyle~

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Blackula69 posted:

~my transaction-free hermetic lifestyle~

preparing food at home some weird lifestyle choice now, got it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

everything you purchase is on account and your PA handles payment every month

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

are you suggesting anyone in yospos is in management

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just the one guy. he's here to make sure our shitpost output meets the quarterly targets

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the podcast app crashes basically every 2nd or 3rd time i open it. it's a real POS is what i'm saying. apple apps are really dismal

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sund posted:

macrumors reported finding "Interac" in the strings of one of the latest iOS betas. if they can lock that down any competition will be boned so hard in canada.

that would be neat i guess but I don't get reward points from interac

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

THC posted:

that would be neat i guess but I don't get reward points from interac

In Canada, its p much the only credit/debit cards

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I haven't had any trouble with the podcast app

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

theultimo posted:

In Canada, its p much the only credit/debit cards
we have Visa debit now as well. credit is better than interac because i get points

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

we have Visa debit now as well.

which has the amazing distinction of not being accepted by 50% of canadian online shops that do accept visa. and because interac TOS says you can only have interac online OR visa debit on your card, ensures that canadian online vendors are a complete crapshoot

works great everywhere else though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's bad. it currently has a bug where it shows you the wrong time remaining.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

which has the amazing distinction of not being accepted by 50% of canadian online shops that do accept visa. and because interac TOS says you can only have interac online OR visa debit on your card, ensures that canadian online vendors are a complete crapshoot

works great everywhere else though

Canada is truly terrible

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

we have Visa debit now as well. credit is better than interac because i get points

ya but presumably you are data mined with credit and not with debit

also points and rewards are just you getting back a small part of the merchant fee, in a (perfect) world without credit cards everything would be 2%-4% cheaper

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

Canada is truly terrible

true, but at least it's not maine.

and mostly it's visa that's terrible in this case. the whole point of the visa branding is that you know you can use your card anywhere that displays the logo. except you can't because they've made the process to accept "visa debit" visa numbers optional for canadian merchants.

since it's optional, and not all merchants opt-in, the system is hosed because there's no way to know if your transaction will go through until you finalize

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Perplx posted:

also points and rewards are just you getting back a small part of the merchant fee, in a (perfect) world without credit cards everything would be 2%-4% cheaper

have you heard the gospel of bitcoin, brother?

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Blackula69 posted:

do you still use cash? or like, sign a piece of paper? america's way behind on NFC payments, i don't use anything else in Canada

nah I just rarely buy small stuff I guess, like I tried to use it for something recently but my bill was over $50 and it was too much or something, no restaurants take it that I know of esp since it's currently amex-only, I don't drink starbucks, I eat fast food once in a blue moon etc

even when it's ubiquitous I likely wont have much use for it until they put some sensible limits on the transactions, $50 doesnt get you far for a bay street meal

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

true, but at least it's not maine.

and mostly it's visa that's terrible in this case. the whole point of the visa branding is that you know you can use your card anywhere that displays the logo. except you can't because they've made the process to accept "visa debit" visa numbers optional for canadian merchants.

since it's optional, and not all merchants opt-in, the system is hosed because there's no way to know if your transaction will go through until you finalize

i dont see the problem here. debit cards are for poors and children

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

THC posted:

no doubt, but if visa is going to offer one with their branding, they should make it work with the visa merchant system.

don't offer half-assed solutions that don't work.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Internaut! posted:

nah I just rarely buy small stuff I guess, like I tried to use it for something recently but my bill was over $50 and it was too much or something, no restaurants take it that I know of esp since it's currently amex-only, I don't drink starbucks, I eat fast food once in a blue moon etc

even when it's ubiquitous I likely wont have much use for it until they put some sensible limits on the transactions, $50 doesnt get you far for a bay street meal

idk i was a frequent customer of the mucho burrito under the reuters building, that was like $8

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

no doubt, but if visa is going to offer one with their branding, they should make it work with the visa merchant system.

don't offer half-assed solutions that don't work.
yeah it's pretty garbage. the only option for online shopping without a credit card is paypal, and even then.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

I used to
think LSD would cure society

until I met you

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

THC posted:

yeah it's pretty garbage. the only option for online shopping without a credit card is paypal, and even then.

my friend, let me tell you the good news

it's Bitcoin

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

I used to
think LSD would cure society

until I met you

thats a stupid thing to think also you haven't met me so

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the baby boomers did LSD, look how they turned out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

you are tremendously banal. its incomprehensible.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

thats a stupid thing to think also you haven't met me so

lets put i this way. if youre anything irl like your posting...

THC posted:

not all of them did

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i used to think you had your poo poo together

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

idk, maybe in your country debit cards are not mainly used by people who don't qualify for credit or can't be responsible with it. i've never been

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no longer content to judge each other by the phone they carry, yospos turns to judging by your preferred form of payment.

the pogrom begins

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

but no I do not actually disdain the poor IRL or insult people for not having great new apple products. this is YOSPOS not "your operating system is a-okay with me"

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I just wish Apple Pay would stop bugging me to add a card. it won't happen ever apple, even with a system update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Extremely cool 5 figgy fucktard laughing about the wagecuck a who can't afford to pretend they are a 6 figgy fucktard via credit here.

• Locked thread