Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Really wish I hadn't lost concentration and died 4 times this tourney. It's still not hard at all but when you're grinding the WT all day, it's easy to react too slow to a super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've gotten rolled a few times to an errant super.

Got to 60 wins! Got two more duplicate Rs with my tickets. Yay.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Just hit 53 wins.

I wish I had Broly so bad. That super is so clutch.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The sad fact of the matter is that even if I had Broly, I don't have the characters required to give him ki support.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

The sad fact of the matter is that even if I had Broly, I don't have the characters required to give him ki support.

All you really need is +3 STR ki leader and maybe some Tree of Mights.

It would be sooooo nice.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've used up drat near all of my Puar items from mooching the Broly's that people on my friend list have.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

the_steve posted:

I've used up drat near all of my Puar items from mooching the Broly's that people on my friend list have.

Same here :haw: I feel like I rolled an SSR when I see str puars in baba's shop.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still have like 50 left. I have gotten a bunch from the shop, though. Running a bit low on Ghost Ushers, though.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Are senzu the only items that fall from the UR blue capsules on the map in the WT? If so, it should be easy to stay stocked with them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have 4 silver SSR tickets, so all I care about is making sure I get one more then the tournament ends.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have 4 silver SSR tickets, so all I care about is making sure I get one more then the tournament ends.

I've got one, so will be happy if I get one this time. Then next tournament I'll get three, and have a new SSR!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Stop playing you fucks I'm getting 120k per round and I can't move out of 6262

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
The fight for 5000 and under is pretty brutal. Yesterday I started just a hair under 5K, spent my natural generated stamina without using stones and wake up to rank 7K. Doing the same today and now I am around 8K.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I guess we know 6-7k people are serious about paying for this game.

Honestly more than I expected.

Interesting how Japanese gaming (gambling, and really lots of their retail sector) seems to be set up to go after big whales and only them, whereas I feel like western stuff tries to catch more casuals in their nets too.

I mean look at candy crush. You can play that game and have an enjoyable experience with only a dollar or two sunk in. This game and other gachas seem to actively hate casuals

visceril fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 16, 2016

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I see several people running with SA8 and above Broly, that might call for some serious intervention.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Eh, they could have just fed him Elder Kais.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Webbeh posted:

Are senzu the only items that fall from the UR blue capsules on the map in the WT? If so, it should be easy to stay stocked with them.

Nah I've gotten all sorts of UR support items. Senzu, Dendes, Babas, and Ghost Ushers are the ones I remember getting off the top of my head.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Those are what I got from blue capsules too. Sensu beans seem to be more common.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I've gotten a few ghost ushers, Dende's, King Yemma's and Baba's from the rare capsules, but the majority have been Senzu beans, which I'm currently at 341 of.

Actually looking at the rewards, apparently if you're in the top 1000 you get 2 Kaioken Goku's and 137 Awakening Medals. If you're in the 1001-2500 range, you only get one Kaioken Goku but you get 2 Gold DB Saga Summons in addition to the 3 Elder Kai's, 3 Hercule Statues and SSR Gold ticket. Since I don't think I'm going to be able to break the top 100 (currently at 440, but don't think I'm going to fall out of the top 5000) and got my 100 wins already, I'm going to try and take it easy the next couple of days, trying to get my SSGSS Goku up to 100.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Cozz you are my loving hero.

You should have no problem making 100 with those fodder characters on-map and training medals.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The only way I'm getting that Kaioken Goku is if I get lucky and have 3 matching numbers in a row.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is that actually how that works? I thought it was specifically only having 3 numbers that all match (111-999)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

Is that actually how that works? I thought it was specifically only having 3 numbers that all match (111-999)

Pretty sure you're right.

I've gotten most of my SSRs to 80 with the fodder characters. I'tll be nice to just pop them over to UR when needed. Like Piccolo for Cell Games and AGL Saiyaman for Kid Buu. Or SSJ Vegeta when we get his Dokkan.

Cozz posted:

I've gotten a few ghost ushers, Dende's, King Yemma's and Baba's from the rare capsules, but the majority have been Senzu beans, which I'm currently at 341 of.

Actually looking at the rewards, apparently if you're in the top 1000 you get 2 Kaioken Goku's and 137 Awakening Medals. If you're in the 1001-2500 range, you only get one Kaioken Goku but you get 2 Gold DB Saga Summons in addition to the 3 Elder Kai's, 3 Hercule Statues and SSR Gold ticket. Since I don't think I'm going to be able to break the top 100 (currently at 440, but don't think I'm going to fall out of the top 5000) and got my 100 wins already, I'm going to try and take it easy the next couple of days, trying to get my SSGSS Goku up to 100.

The only difference between 2500+ and 5000+ is an Old Kai. After that it's extra reward SSRs.

Still top 3000 with 64 wins.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 17, 2016

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
The struggle is real in terms of top 5k. I've been hovering around low-mid 4K most of the time but it still requires constant playing to not get popped out.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm blazing through the tournament and leveling up characters left and right, but I don't have the medals to awaken all of them. I care more about those 135 awakening medals than the other tournament rewards.

Thankfully I was still able to Dokkan Awaken AGL Swole Master Roshi.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm blazing through the tournament and leveling up characters left and right, but I don't have the medals to awaken all of them. I care more about those 135 awakening medals than the other tournament rewards.

Thankfully I was still able to Dokkan Awaken AGL Swole Master Roshi.

Yeah, the medals are awesome. Definitely better before the Baba Shop, though. Now I don't need bronze ones as badly. Not gonna complain about an extra Old Kai medal, however. gently caress spending 10k points on that, despite the fact that I need like 3 more than I have.

That dude is clutch. Mine's SA10 and hits up there with the less-broken Super Saiyans, not to mention an awesome passive.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
95 wins, rank 1663. I'm officially sick of this. 5 more wins tomorrow and I'm DONE unless I see my rank go over 4000.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope y'all don't burn out on the game and leave me alone in this desolate F2P wasteland.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

I hope y'all don't burn out on the game and leave me alone in this desolate F2P wasteland.

I still intend to get 30 wins. Might feel up to 100 wins since F2P is tough.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just hit 30 myself. Jesus, it takes so long, even with my Saiyans generally oneshotting whoever they go up against.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I've just passed 60 wins going on 70. My reward for the two DB tickets was 20 Baba points (Murasaki and Chappa-O)

I am still in the low-mid 6000's

Also I'm pretty sure if your rank was 6111 you would get a Goku since there's a reward for 1111 and 11111

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I decided to use the 5 stones from achieving Beerus tier on a single pull. Everything's looking great until SR Cui.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Just hit 70 - now begins the painful slog to 100.

I hope I have enough stones. :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh geez, I'm almost out of Hercule items. I've apparently used almost 100 over my 71 wins.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The next gacha is apparently going to be Metal Coola.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Also it looks like they're expanding the story if I read the news right.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think the Meta-Cooler thing is just a Story event, like all the other ones. There's a bunch of missions for it regarding fighting a much of the mook Meta-Coolers for awakening medals.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
100 wins, rank 1871. I think this is good enough for top 5000 but not top 2500. I'll just use stamina for round one now, no more dragon stone refills.

GSSR time... SSR INT Frieza

Well, it's an SSR at least.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 17, 2016

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ChronoReverse posted:

100 wins, rank 1871. I think this is good enough for top 5000 but not top 2500. I'll just use stamina for round one now, no more dragon stone refills.

GSSR time... SSR INT Frieza

Well, it's an SSR at least.

I've wondered if it'd be worth it to hold onto the GSSR tickets for some point in the future, when the pool is deeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I've wondered if it'd be worth it to hold onto the GSSR tickets for some point in the future, when the pool is deeper.

They've updated the pool to include Turles but AFAIK, even in Japan, the pool is stuck in this state.

The pool thing worked out in my favour last WT. Basically got a free SSR STR SSJ Trunks because of it.