Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

MBMBAM, TAZ, Schmanners, Bunker Buddies, Interrobang, Trends Like These, Till Death Do Us Blart, producer/ segment guest on Can I Pet Your Dog.

Did I get everything? That's eight, plus he was formerly a host of In Case of Emergency. I think he produced Wham Bam Pow for a while? Dude's goddamn prolific at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
He's not prolific, he has no other job.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

He also produces Baby Geniuses.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Scudworth posted:

He's not prolific, he has no other job.

Did he stop working in theater?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He moved to Cali to podcast full time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Ah, good for him!

I basically decided the way I was going to get into MBMBAM was to listen from the beginning, so my current knowledge of everything is currently back at August 2013 (plus what little I pick up from The Adventure Zone)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Grammys are tonight. Watch for Lin-Manuel's shoutout during his performance.

**Great job**

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Waffleman_ posted:

New Monster Factory by surprise!

Blade and Soul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2Y6ftxilM
Finally got around to watching this and it delivered. Seems like any time Griffin gets to "interact" with others online it's almost always a guaranteed hoot. I still watch the Polygon Rust Overview(s) for that reason.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Meowjesty posted:

I love rose buddies. It is perfect.

I can't believe I'm asking this but is there a way to stream the latest season of the Bachelor online?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Watch Lin's left hand.

GREAT JOB.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

This is so great. As is Cool Games Inc, which I started listening to. Grandma Wants It Al Dente: Grandma NEEDS It Al Dente.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Al! posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this but is there a way to stream the latest season of the Bachelor online?

You can watch it on Hulu

http://www.hulu.com/search?q=the+bachelor

Well, some of it at least.

E: I'm listening to Rose Buddies and have not watched The Bachelor this season or ever and I'm enjoying it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxfabOa_Gg

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Maybe it's because I'm on my phone, but I can't see anything here. What am I looking for?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's hard to see because of the camera, but he does a little honking motion at the end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Here's a better view.

GREAT JOB!

Edit: Zoomed in and right at the moment.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I was hoping he'd slip a *greatjob* in during his awesome acceptance rap, but I guess some professionalism is needed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

myron cope posted:

E: I'm listening to Rose Buddies and have not watched The Bachelor this season or ever and I'm enjoying it.

Oh thank God

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

:pgabz: New MBMBam :pgabz:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Make sure you don't skip straight over housekeeping to the final Yahoo! this week. Travis is deep in the mouth of mango.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Holy poo poo they read this thread.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I had the same goddamn response to the Dewey stand-in

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wake_N_Bake posted:

How do you know that

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Wake_N_Bake posted:

this is probably pretty unlikely

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I bet your boy Griffin probably lurks here when he's not busy crafting D&D campaigns or inserting Amiibos into himself.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
^^^ reading the forums and inserting things into yourself are NOT exclusive activities.

Luneshot posted:

this is probably pretty unlikely

Yes, I know. It was probably Reddit.

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 16, 2016

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I had the same goddamn response to the Dewey stand-in

Can someone post a screenshot of this?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Kung Fu Panda movies are legit good.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ariong posted:

Can someone post a screenshot of this?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's all of them if you missed the post the first time

flatluigi posted:

Somewhat relatedly, apparently Malcom in the Middle on Netflix uses a widescreen version of the show that wasn't meant to air regularly, so there's stuff off in the edges constantly that you weren't meant to see:

Friends might also have the same issue but I don't have any screencaps of that.

edit:

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

The whole "photoshop screencaps of Malcolm in the Middle" as a joke to embarrass Justin and Griffin is getting a bit old now guys. Come on. You're just encouraging Travis' crippling mushroom/dream addiction. :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
And for you weirdos who won't join the Facebook group, Patricia Heaton thinks the brothers are doing a great job.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Lor posted:

The whole "photoshop screencaps of Malcolm in the Middle" as a joke to embarrass Justin and Griffin is getting a bit old now guys. Come on. You're just encouraging Travis' crippling mushroom/dream addiction. :colbert:

I had the same experience at a showing of Marie Antoinette in a dollar theater. Boom mikes in every shot, sometimes lighting rigs and cords. My mom even commented after the movie that "I get they were trying to modernize it, but I thought showing how the movie was made was weird" and I just kind of shrugged. A few months later, watching on DVD, and it was framed correctly.

I wouldn't think that in 2016 it would be up to the projectionist to get this stuff right, but apparently it is???

I try to tell people about this experience and they react pretty much the same as Justin and Griffin.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

doos posted:

I was hoping he'd slip a *greatjob* in during his awesome acceptance rap, but I guess some professionalism is needed

I think you can just make out him doing a "beep beep" car horn motion during Alexander Hamilton behind a dancer around the time Mulligan/Madison raps "dead or destitute."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

vonnegutt posted:

I had the same experience at a showing of Marie Antoinette in a dollar theater. Boom mikes in every shot, sometimes lighting rigs and cords. My mom even commented after the movie that "I get they were trying to modernize it, but I thought showing how the movie was made was weird" and I just kind of shrugged. A few months later, watching on DVD, and it was framed correctly.

I wouldn't think that in 2016 it would be up to the projectionist to get this stuff right, but apparently it is???

I try to tell people about this experience and they react pretty much the same as Justin and Griffin.

Again, it's generally not up to projectionists anymore. Most theaters and studios have gone digital, so the films are just preformatted computer files.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Again, it's generally not up to projectionists anymore. Most theaters and studios have gone digital, so the films are just preformatted computer files.

So basically my best bet right now for getting some sweet boom mike shots and/or terrifying Dewey stand-ins is the Hateful 8 70mm?

Also, anyone know where I can find pics of Dewey's creepy double? That bit cracked me up.

it's on this page

My bad, browsing on my phone with images turned off.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 17, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Roach Warehouse posted:

So basically my best bet right now for getting some sweet boom mike shots and/or terrifying Dewey stand-ins is the Hateful 8 70mm?

Also, anyone know where I can find pics of Dewey's creepy double? That bit cracked me up.

It's on this page.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

vonnegutt posted:

You are clearly a member of the Boom Mic Illuminati and are the dark soldier sent to confuse us. Stop taking mushrooms!! >=(

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

PS: Did Freddy Wong actually contribute to the response as mentioned in the episode? Was it a tweet? I can't seem to find it and would love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
What I love most about Cool Games Inc. is that there's some genuinely good game ideas in there. A co-op/counter-op RPG where another player controls the difficulty of the dungeon? A Trauma Center x Twinkle Star Sprites game where how good you are puts poo poo your opponent's field? Sign me right the gently caress up.