Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Bloodstone dust isn't a problem being able to remove 500 a day.

Dragonite, on the other hand, I got 4000 of the stuff and if I do any world bosses or HoT chests I'll end up with even more then princess can eat in a day, I need 2-3 dragonite eaters to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just start to craft lots of ascended things?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Just chuck it, and don't bother.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

mike12345 posted:

Just chuck it, and don't bother.

But imagine all the cool greens you could have gotten! :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I used to save mine, but then I saw how much ascended crafting costs in actually useful resources, like time and dignity.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Attestant posted:

I used to enjoy HoT, but then I saw how much everything costs in actually useful resources, like time and dignity.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Rude. I never enjoyed HoT.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Attestant posted:

I used to save mine, but then I saw how much ascended crafting costs in actually useful resources, like time and dignity.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hah, more wings today
https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/699631485603737600

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Holy hell you're not joking, what the gently caress is wrong with Anet these days

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hell the golden wings were datamined months ago. We really should have seen the Birdpocalypse coming.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

People don't all read datamined stuff on Reddit and/or were probably hoping this poo poo was a joke.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
They're just trying to get the whales with more glider options. Just so happens to be that wings are an easy substitute to come up with without thinking too hard.

Unless these are more backpacks, in which they could just release one pair with customizable dye slots. But they won't, and it works.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Between the hilariously bad items/skins and the exchange rate, this whale isn't a whale anymore.

I don't get why they don't sell gems in CAD, GTA5 does with shark cards, like gems would be 19.99 CAD instead of 19.99 USD which means like $28

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Only gemstore glider I have is the Lunar New Years one, because it has two dye channels. Makes it easy to actually customize it to fit most characters.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Between the hilariously bad items/skins and the exchange rate, this whale isn't a whale anymore.

I don't get why they don't sell gems in CAD, GTA5 does with shark cards, like gems would be 19.99 CAD instead of 19.99 USD which means like $28

Maybe because the currency is able to be traded between people? Also GTA5 isn't going to have a huge problem if its economics gets hosed. Players can't sell poo poo to each other in that game.

It is still too much money, but people buy it still so...

Edit: Especially in CAD. 28 bucks? gently caress that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Edit: Especially in CAD. 28 bucks? gently caress that.

Yup, that's why I stopped buying gems a while back. It was a little worse a few weeks ago too.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

They're just trying to recreate very famous and profitable gaia online!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they're making up for lost time by making GBS threads out 20 or so glider skins so that it equals the rest of the awful-looking skins for the other slots, obviously

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I get that recoloring wings is easier than creating armor and stuff for a 3+ yo game, but come on :laffo:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Holy hell you're not joking, what the gently caress is wrong with Anet these days

CLAM DOWN posted:

Same and what do you mean with "these days" :haw:

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
So many broken whales getting soaked for random dye boxes and non-dyeable wings at the same time.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Probad posted:

So many broken whales getting soaked for random dye boxes and non-dyeable wings at the same time.

how long can anet keep this up though? Although I don't have the time right now, I would love to have an excuse to play this game again. I miss the glory days of hanging out with goons doing stuff like titbot, crown pav, etc..., not to mention sab :(

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

this whale isn't a whale anymore.

You would know.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

People getting upset over wings is the most satisfying content they've released in ages.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Just imagine the amount of cape skins they can create...I can dream.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
When they do add capes, it will only be medium armor and just affecting the existing buttcapes.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I can only assume the graphic artists have nothing better to do than recolor wing textures all day while waiting for new things to work on.

Case in point: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/462xs8/make_our_own_raid_lfg_category_by_taking_over_pvp/

quote:

Make our own Raid LFG Category by Taking Over PvP Unranked for it?[Question] -- Developer response (self.Guildwars2)

The Raiding community is small enough that this might be able to work.

quote:

ArenaColin [score hidden] 36 minutes ago

Love the short term problem solving - wish it was easier for us to to do a quick short term fix. (sadly nothing with LFG is easy or quick)

I did want to quickly point out the team is aware of the recent discussions around things that aren't working (or missing) from LFG and have it included in the list of "resolving outstanding issues" that is our goal for the spring update in April.

Not entirely sure what will actually make it yet LFG wise since it's all in development - we'll give more details once we're sure.

Development is constantly held up while a mile long list of if-then statements is searched for a missing semicolon.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
They needa make a prototype jetpack glider thats just like the thing the firestorm uses in the molten alliance fractal, but its just spitting out fire everywhere and looks like its gonna explode.

but, :effort:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 16, 2016

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
There must've been an internal memo about releasing more raid wings that got misinterpreted.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

There must've been an internal memo about releasing more raid wings that got misinterpreted.

:lol:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I kinda wonder if they're stuck in a hole financially and are just hoping to hang on as long as they can by getting people to buy cosmetic items

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Wait are people paying actual money for these things? I guess there's no patience for just making the gold to buy it. I mean geez I only play an hour a day and even I have like 5 extra chara slots, 2 extra bank slots, two glider skins, heavens knows how many makeovers I've bought (well, like 3 of them) - all with gold I've gotten with those paltry non-poopsockin' hours of play.

But then I've also bought sets of chest keys and contributed to the RND so I am part of the problem I guess. Sorry?

(made mad money on those chests though, hahaha rnd losers)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tambaloneus posted:

Wait are people paying actual money for these things? I guess there's no patience for just making the gold to buy it.

Grinding enough gold to buy gems to buy all the gem store stuff either requires an enormous amount of time or an enormous amount of luck.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tambaloneus posted:

Wait are people paying actual money for these things? I guess there's no patience for just making the gold to buy it. I mean geez I only play an hour a day and even I have like 5 extra chara slots, 2 extra bank slots, two glider skins, heavens knows how many makeovers I've bought (well, like 3 of them) - all with gold I've gotten with those paltry non-poopsockin' hours of play.

But then I've also bought sets of chest keys and contributed to the RND so I am part of the problem I guess. Sorry?

(made mad money on those chests though, hahaha rnd losers)

You're not getting the gold for these things nowadays with the current gem-gold rate unless you have a very different definition of non-poopsockin' than I do. Basically if I can spend 10 hours farming gold in a potentially unfun, but optimized way, or work 1 hour more for the RL money then spend 9 hours in game doing things I like, I'm not going to be farming gold (numbers entirely made up but you get the point why people would do this at different rates).

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
So they mentioned their spring update was in April and I'm starting to get the distinct feeling nothing is going to happen until then.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

So they mentioned their spring update was in April and I'm starting to get the distinct feeling nothing is going to happen until then.

Yeah the only reason we got anything at all between the expansion and the last patch is because they didn't finish raids and the ascended weapons, and because balance was actually a joke, rather than the like a joke state they are used to.

Outside these quarterly feature packs, there won't be anything except maybe living story 3 on a different schedule. Frankly I don't think they'll really manage to stick to this schedule though. I give it until summer before they change their plans again.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

We will get a half-assed story update and maybe SAB World 1 & 2. These will be revised versions because they probably broke some poo poo with the mushrooms and odd mechanics. There may be some raid stuff because that seems popular on Reddit. Please prove me wrong and deliver more fractals/dungeons.

I would love to see metrics on how many attempts vs completions there has been on the current raid content. I understand they wanted them to be tough but I bet not even 5% of their player base has gone through the first wing, let alone tried it more than 2-3 times.

I hope there are some armor models coming soon that aren't gated behind 300 hours of gathering/crafting or farming mats. Dressup is getting kind of bland now that I've tried so many different armor set combos.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

J3ng4 posted:

There may be some raid stuff because that seems popular on Reddit. Please prove me wrong and deliver more fractals/dungeons.

There's supposed to be more raid content (2 more wings?), and also legendary armor. As far as fractals, I think the best you can hope for is them finally putting the legendary version of the backpiece in. Dungeons are dead, they've said as much.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

J3ng4 posted:

I hope there are some armor models coming soon that aren't gated behind 300 hours of gathering/crafting or farming mats. Dressup is getting kind of bland now that I've tried so many different armor set combos.
I'm just imagining a Monkey's Paw-esque situation now where they start releasing new armour sets... and you have to unlock each individual piece with BLC Tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

orcane posted:

You're not getting the gold for these things nowadays with the current gem-gold rate unless you have a very different definition of non-poopsockin' than I do. Basically if I can spend 10 hours farming gold in a potentially unfun, but optimized way, or work 1 hour more for the RL money then spend 9 hours in game doing things I like, I'm not going to be farming gold (numbers entirely made up but you get the point why people would do this at different rates).

Well that's true, if people want to spend money to not grind well I can totally understand that. I don't have any other life after all, so it doesn't bother me if i find I've spent half a weekend idly doing meta's. I don't really call it poop-socking if I'm not really trying to be 'efficient', I guess. I suppose other people might say that spending most of saturday night farting around in video games is "poopsocking" because normal people have friends and do actual things.

I think possibly I also have the benefit of having had the game since launch, so I've got godknows how much poo poo stacked in material storage that is worth a small fortune when I sell stacks of it here and there. I've gotten hella lucky on key-drops and ended up with hundred gold dyes multiple times. I am a natural hoarder so I never throw anything out if I can find some way to sell, save or salvage it. It all adds up. But I don't play specifically to grind, is my point. I do what I am having the most fun with at the time, but the drops, gathering, a few unique lucky finds I've sold along the way have all paid for the bits I've bought.

I've also paid game gold for people to help me with certain things, if it was a pain in the arse like jumping puzzles, I don't mind paying a bit for that - so if you're looking to make some easy money portalling uncoordinated spastics like me through puzzles is always welcome!

Edit as for dressups I want a shield that doesn't hide my back item! (like the option to hide it or wear it on my arm all the time or something).

• Locked thread