Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Elfgames posted:

pugs are man's greatest sin

edit also i never said i didn't like fourze i thought it was pretty okay same as wizard, i just felt that it was really bland outside of gentaro (and i was reminded that meteor's belt was pretty cool i had forgotten that) and the secondary cast is increadably awful

It's basically saying the same thing.

Not that it matters since everything in your post is bad and wrong to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Poison Mushroom posted:

I will never again be surprised by "unusual" toku tastes. Not after I heard somebody defend Decade and say they didn't like W because it was too "self-important".

What does that even mean?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Wizard was mediocre at best and made worse because of the potential it squandered.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love the idea that any show that stars goddamn Shotaro could be self-important.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dexie posted:

What does that even mean?

it means the person who said it is clinically brain dead

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Zhuohger seems pretty good so far. Even if everything looks really dorky with the "CUBES!" aesthetic. :v:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyone who dislikes Fourze and its awesome supporting cast literally hates fun. Sure, the KRC wasn't developed properly over the series run, but they were still super fun and awesome and great.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I didn't really like what Yuki devolved into myself, but the rest were alright.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Yeah, they hosed up Yuki bad.

She made a lot of sense as "the character who really legitimately loves space but has a dorky way of showing it" until the lovely astronaut episode where they revealed she is actually a loving moron. Despite the fact that episode would have made a lot more sense otherwise.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Yuki's sheer stupidity late in the series. It was disappointing. I get that she was the prime comic relief, but that doesn't excuse the staff taking away her brains. She should've been a huge goofball yet still competent like Akiko.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

Shun and Miu, too. They had this great farewell after the prom episode and then suddenly they return as catchphrase spouting robots who do nothing of consequence the rest of the show.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I'm trying to watch through Dairanger and wow I can only ingest so much it at a time.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In Asia, elephants live in jungles

incidentally the tiger girl gets the snow theme instead of jungle because the closest tigers to Japan live in Siberia, further north than even Hokkaido (ie. Japan's Alaska)

This is actually one of the things I liked; instead of just randomly being a White Tiger, they're like 'It's a White Tiger, it comes from Siberia, it's cold there.'

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Aran and Javel have been updated too their actual romanized names of Alain and Javert, respectively. I had a feeling that was the case for Javert, but I want aware of Alain (particularly because of the pronunciation)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Xelkelvos posted:

Aran and Javel have been updated too their actual romanized names of Alain and Javert, respectively. I had a feeling that was the case for Javert, but I want aware of Alain (particularly because of the pronunciation)

wait so does that mean Alain was named for Émile-Auguste Chartier? Which would mean that Javert is named for, well, Javert? I don't get what Igor is named for then other then just the standard Igor thing; if all the Ganma are named after French things I guess it fits a theme though. Attack of the Evil French Ghosts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

pugs are man's greatest sin

edit also i never said i didn't like fourze i thought it was pretty okay same as wizard, i just felt that it was really bland outside of gentaro (and i was reminded that meteor's belt was pretty cool i had forgotten that) and the secondary cast is increadably awful

How are you worse than me

How is that legal in this thread

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Not liking kamen rider at all is fine, some people just aren't into corny japanese children's shows. But preferring wizard over fourze is an abomination before man and god.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

He said it was okay, not that he hated it. You guys are letting your hate for Wizard get to you.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Potsticker posted:

He said it was okay, not that he hated it. You guys are letting your hate for Wizard get to you.

wizard is garbage and fourze is good, is the thing

wizard apologia is verboten in this thread

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Xelkelvos posted:

It's from the title card of the bluray specials, "The Legend of the Hero Alain"

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

wizard is garbage and fourze is good, is the thing

wizard apologia is verboten in this thread

Well I at least agree there's no need to have a big Wizard debate again, but even as I did really like Fourze it does have issues. Luckily Gentarou has a fantastic actor and even if the overarching plot goes nowhere the individual episode arcs are mostly fantastic. I don't think it's that far out that someone would find it an average show. I don't think personally I would recommend it as anyone's first Rider unless they already were excited about the suit or the premise.

On the other hand I would definitely recommend anyone already watching Rider to give it a try.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
NO

WIZARD

APOLOGIA

I WILL TURN THIS THREAD THE gently caress AROUND AND NOBODY WILL GO TO DISNEYLAND

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nope. Not gonna do it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I love this stupid show so much you guys. :allears:

This week's episode was absolutely perfect.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's rather impressive how dorky someone as serious as Alain can be. He clearly lowers his guard to Kanon and to no one else and he's just so shocked about certain aspects of humanity, it's wonderful.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EDIT: crap, W post.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I can't wait until Alain tries grandma's takoyaki and has an exaggerated explosion of happiness as soon as he bites into it. "I've never eaten anything this good!" :allears:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I like the look of the bad guys in Zyuohger a lot, especially the purple cube guy.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Killer Queen posted:

I can't wait until Alain tries grandma's takoyaki and has an exaggerated explosion of happiness as soon as he bites into it. "I've never eaten anything this good!" :allears:

That's something that will actually literally happen (in the bluray extras)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Boy, that Zyuohger just felt like a lot of stuff happening just to happen. No real lead up to the bad guys showing up, red morphing, or the zords appearing and combining. Hopefully they set up something interesting. I love the singing announcer for all the cubes

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm 90% sure the narrator for the opening/title cards is the guy who voices Brook in One Piece. :yohoho:

I guess since half the cast of One Piece has been/is out of the picture for a while he's gotta find something else to do. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

I'm 90% sure the narrator for the opening/title cards is the guy who voices Brook in One Piece. :yohoho:

I guess since half the cast of One Piece has been/is out of the picture for a while he's gotta find something else to do. :v:

He is.

And the leader of the bad guys is Kakashi from Naruto and Kars from Jojo. :swoon:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Parallax posted:

I like the look of the bad guys in Zyuohger a lot, especially the purple cube guy.

I'm wondering if there's going to be a sort of theme between the monsters or generals. Kyoryuger was apparently super layered in the amount of themes that the generals had with each other (suits of cards, the Wizard of Oz, and currencies to name a few). Kamen Rider does it more since there's fewer monsters in the series overall, but it's neat to see that in Sentai.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm wondering if there's going to be a sort of theme between the monsters or generals. Kyoryuger was apparently super layered in the amount of themes that the generals had with each other (suits of cards, the Wizard of Oz, and currencies to name a few). Kamen Rider does it more since there's fewer monsters in the series overall, but it's neat to see that in Sentai.

Currencies? I haven't heard that one. Can you explain?

Zyuohger's villians seems to be two main things right now: Video games is the overarching theme, but at least three of the bad guys are also based on minerals.

Then you have their mooks who are amoebas?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dexie posted:

Currencies? I haven't heard that one. Can you explain?

Luckyuro: Euro
Candelira: Lira
Dogold: Gold
Aigaron: Galleon
Endolf: En/Yen

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Dexie posted:

He is.

Kars from Jojo. :swoon:

HE FOUND A WAY BACK.

WE'RE DOOMED.

And yeah Ghost was good too.

For the first time in uh a year we've had both Super Hero Time episodes be good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

MOTHERFUCKER.

I should have caught that. :bang:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

:shittypop:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dexie posted:

Then you have their mooks who are amoebas?

clearly they're named off of mobas, which we all know are the bad video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In Asia, elephants live in jungles

incidentally the tiger girl gets the snow theme instead of jungle because the closest tigers to Japan live in Siberia, further north than even Hokkaido (ie. Japan's Alaska)

Ah cool, don't know much about asian elephants. also loving how much hate i get for saying two shows are merely okay.

• Locked thread