Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

C. Everett Koop posted:

So what's the odds they do JonBenet next if this gets renewed?

JonBenet or the Menendez Brothers?

efb by Clown Shoes. They still could go back to the Menendez Brothers for season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I guess one of the lawyers mentioned that they impounded OJ's Bronco, but AC had his own identical Bronco and that is what the chase took place in

that true?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

DOOP posted:

I guess one of the lawyers mentioned that they impounded OJ's Bronco, but AC had his own identical Bronco and that is what the chase took place in

that true?

Not sure, but here's a fun tidbit courtesy of USA Today: Bob Tur, who was the first news-helicopter pilot on the scene and provided 22 minutes of exclusive footage that night, now goes by the name of Zoey. He is awaiting surgery for a sex change.

As for a potential season 3, I'd say Bill Clinton's Impeachment would make for an excellent season. But given the current and possible future political climate, I can see why they wouldn't go that route.

The Menendez Brothers were high profile, sure, but also pretty open and shut. Whereas JonBenet remains a mystery to this day, with many bizarre facts and occurrences.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Season 3 will be Michael Jackson.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

computer parts posted:

Season 3 will be Michael Jackson.

I'm honestly hoping for the McMartian trial because it'd be nice to tie in a high profile gently caress up by the CA prosecutors were the defendants were 100% innocent for a change.Especially since the fiasco from that trial slightly leads into why the prosecutors handled the OJ case this way.

Also it directly lead to the creation of a Nightmare on Elm Street.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

DOOP posted:

that true?

Yes, it's true. OJ and AC had the same car, and it was AC's Bronco used in the chase.

OmegaBR posted:

Not sure, but here's a fun tidbit courtesy of USA Today: Bob Tur, who was the first news-helicopter pilot on the scene and provided 22 minutes of exclusive footage that night, now goes by the name of Zoey. He is awaiting surgery for a sex change.

They included a bit of his narration in the last episode. He also was the one who filmed some of the most memorable footage of the L.A. Riots in 1992.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

OmegaBR posted:

As for a potential season 3, I'd say Bill Clinton's Impeachment would make for an excellent season. But given the current and possible future political climate, I can see why they wouldn't go that route.

The Menendez Brothers were high profile, sure, but also pretty open and shut. Whereas JonBenet remains a mystery to this day, with many bizarre facts and occurrences.

Clinton would be a pretty great one. A bit slow paced, I think, but could be good. It'll sound cliche, but 9/11 could do it too. So much has been made about components of it, but a full-on miniseries would be interesting. I'd also think they could do period ones if they wanted. Lindbergh Baby has enough material and strange occurrences. George Metesky or the Unabomber?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Just watched the 30 for 30, really did a great job on that one and love how this show managed to get quite a bit of real things in despite being incredibly minor such as the reporter shaving in the street. They even got him on the correct side of the van, it was eerie.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really, really love this show

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Sash! posted:

Clinton would be a pretty great one. A bit slow paced, I think, but could be good. It'll sound cliche, but 9/11 could do it too. So much has been made about components of it, but a full-on miniseries would be interesting. I'd also think they could do period ones if they wanted. Lindbergh Baby has enough material and strange occurrences. George Metesky or the Unabomber?

If this show totally went full on Ryan Murphy Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony could be entertaining in an over the top train wreck sort of way

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is Marcia Clark really like that? Because her portrayal is coming off like a cartoon character to me. Somehow they are doing a decent job making OJ seem sympathetic.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Marcia Clark really like that? Because her portrayal is coming off like a cartoon character to me. Somehow they are doing a decent job making OJ seem sympathetic.

It seems like a great portrayal to me so far. She was an absolute disaster, and a total bitch. Here's one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8su9gCwDw

Granted, the above video was filmed on the morning that the jury results were read, and I have to think she knew what was coming.

She thought that the jury would relate to her and her sole mission was to stack it with women.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Somehow they are doing a decent job making OJ seem sympathetic.

Not to me. He seems like an insufferable manchild who is extremely selfish and manipulative.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

the truth posted:

Not to me. He seems like an insufferable manchild who is extremely selfish and manipulative.

Great post / username combo.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Marcia Clark was/is a huge oval office and tried to make the case about her, she'd only been to trial once in her career for a murder charge (was also a celebrity case) and as soon as the OJ case was over she took a 6 month vacation letting the DA's office think she was coming back, then after 6 months quit and two months after that they found out why, she'd been writing a book about OJ the whole time.

I'm not thrilled that they seem to be pegging her for the "look at how bad everyone else is" role when she was just as incompetent as everyone else on the prosecution team.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Botnit posted:

Marcia Clark was/is a huge oval office and tried to make the case about her, she'd only been to trial once in her career for a murder charge (was also a celebrity case) and as soon as the OJ case was over she took a 6 month vacation letting the DA's office think she was coming back, then after 6 months quit and two months after that they found out why, she'd been writing a book about OJ the whole time.

I'm not thrilled that they seem to be pegging her for the "look at how bad everyone else is" role when she was just as incompetent as everyone else on the prosecution team.

Do you know if the portrayal of Darden to this point is accurate? What little we've seen, anyway, which mostly is showing him as one foot out of the door of the job. I don't know that much about him at all.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Only thing I remember about Darden was he was the one responsible for the glove fiasco and he seriously kept saying that Fuhrman committing perjury "was almost as bad as the murders themselves".

Yeah, a guy lying about saying the word friend of the family is definitely almost as bad as double murder :rolleyes:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
For some reason I thought for years as a kid/teen that Marcus Allen was driving OJ in the Bronco chase

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Botnit posted:

Marcia Clark was/is a huge oval office and tried to make the case about her, she'd only been to trial once in her career for a murder charge (was also a celebrity case)

Only went to trial once? I'm reading the book this series is based on and it lists at least three murder cases she tried successfully before OJ. James Hawkins Jr, Rebecca Shaeffer, and a double murder in a South Central church.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

My bad, meant that as lead prosecutor in one murder trial which was Schaeffer, the others she was second to third chair in and searching case law online seems to back that up.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
TONIGHT'S EPISODE: "The Dream Team"

IMDB posted:

With a provocative strategy devised, Robert Shapiro begins putting together O.J. Simpson's legal counsel.

Hopefully we get Johnnie Cochran into the fold tonight!

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

For some reason I thought for years as a kid/teen that Marcus Allen was driving OJ in the Bronco chase

That's OK. I thought it was Kato.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They should have gotten the guy who played Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld to be Johnnie.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kevyn posted:

They should have gotten the guy who played Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld to be Johnnie.

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Of course we open on the Kardashian family

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Richard Cordovian

e: lmao his kids obviously learned nothing from their father

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The SituAsian posted:

Of course we open on the Kardashian family

I guess they're really going all in on that angle huh

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know like 95% of the viewing audience hates the Baby Kardashian stuff, but I think it's hilarious. It's like, textbook Dramatic Irony, but I don't care.

e: :swoon: NATHAN LANE!

e2: Dershowitz is not as ugly as I've been led to believe. Not pretty at all, but he's not horrific.

e3: Actually, I know their minds are made up already, and they probably want to get away from the LA setting, but the Rodney King trial would be one hell of a story to tell.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 17, 2016

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hah "Harvard" and F. Lee Bailey smiles as he has foreseen

Who is playing Dershowitz? He seems super familiar

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

Hah "Harvard" and F. Lee Bailey smiles as he has foreseen

Who is playing Dershowitz? He seems super familiar

Evan Handler

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Wow he lost some weight since Sex and the City

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ooh, an unedited "motherfucker" on TV! Awesome!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I thoroughly enjoyed the "Motherfucker" at the end. TV should do that more.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ooh, an unedited "motherfucker" on TV! Awesome!

Yea FX lets one go every now and then for their shows. Louie did it and I think The Americans have as well.

Sarah Paulson is so detestable as Marcia Clark. I just want to hate her and scream "bitch!" drat I love Sarah Paulson. :allears:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, guess I'm now boycotting Red Lobster since they support this foul mouthed filthy TV show.

For real though that loving owned, we were just discussing the use of gently caress for dramatic effect in cable shows in Couch Chat last week.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think I feel comfortable saying this show is good after that episode

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Regy Rusty posted:

I think I feel comfortable saying this show is good after that episode
The show's been good from the beginning!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The show's been good from the beginning!

Not saying it hasn't. I just wasn't totally sure I liked it yet.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I think this show is great. I don't buy Cuba as O.J. physically, but he's putting on a great performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I :rolleyes:'d at the Kardashian babies stuff in the earlier episodes, but I admit I laughed out loud when Robert Kardashian was lecturing his kids on the nature of fame. Totally on the nose and hilarious at the same time.

• Locked thread