Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Digital_Jesus posted:

Dell U3415W

Needed a new monitor.

:stare: that's a lot for one monitor... but it looks pretty amazing. I would love to have something like that for work, since they say I can only have two monitors instead of three. Give me two of those and I would be perfectly happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CaseFace McGee posted:

:stare: that's a lot for one monitor... but it looks pretty amazing. I would love to have something like that for work, since they say I can only have two monitors instead of three. Give me two of those and I would be perfectly happy.

#firstworldproblems

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Should have just sprung for the FUGOO Tough since it was 30$ cheaper yesterday but this little bastard already shipped.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Wanamingo posted:

#firstworldproblems

You got that right. I do a lot of spreadsheet work and analysis in some other programs, as well as using visual references, and our work computers cannot quite handle the resolution of triple monitors. I have a triple setup for sim racing, and when I VPN in to work my VPN window only goes across 2 1/2 of my monitors. Sounds like dual ultrawides would be perfect.

Speaking of the racing setup...

Happy birthday to me!

The Science Goy has a new favorite as of 12:58 on Feb 16, 2016

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Coredump posted:

Bought a new headunit.

This came with my friend's Harrier and while sitting in the address input section of the nav screen this tiny rear end windows 95-esque error message popped up that we could not get rid off (the screen is touch but tapping on the little 'x' did nothing), so the nav was unusable. If I remember correctly even a full reset did nothing (did reset literally everything else though, including the settings for rear camera, steering wheel control input etc), and the error message just disappeared randomly.

Windows CE is a massive turd lmao, but this got me thinking.. do the german marques like BMW and Merc use CE in their infotainment systems too?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Windows CE is a massive turd lmao, but this got me thinking.. do the german marques like BMW and Merc use CE in their infotainment systems too?

Most of them are a custom OS developed by Blackberry (QNX). Ford was, up until recently, one of the few still using the MS version (Windows Embed for Auto), and that switched with the new Sync3.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

This came with my friend's Harrier and while sitting in the address input section of the nav screen this tiny rear end windows 95-esque error message popped up that we could not get rid off (the screen is touch but tapping on the little 'x' did nothing), so the nav was unusable. If I remember correctly even a full reset did nothing (did reset literally everything else though, including the settings for rear camera, steering wheel control input etc), and the error message just disappeared randomly.

Harrier? As in the vertical take-off and landing Harrier?

The particular one I got is one of the cheaper models that just does bluetooth, spotify, and usb. I just didn't want to have a din pocket below my radio. Those line of Pioneer head units do have really nice digital crossovers, equalizers, and time alignment adjustments.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Digital_Jesus posted:

Most of them are a custom OS developed by Blackberry (QNX).

Acquired by Blackberry, please.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My GF got these pillow cases for the pillows on our couch:

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

An art shop in town is closing, which is a bummer. Picked up a bunch of odds & ends because they're selling all their stock at half price.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

DrBouvenstein posted:

Where from?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The toilet store

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Seconding the request for more info! These are fab.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Earphones with magic magnets, reduced to 16 quid http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015O4HF6S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Related, I bought this and the end customer seems well pleased.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

They're super comfy.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Bought a bunch of wood and sand and rocks and pavers and this happened:

The album is out of order for some reason but you get the idea
http://m.imgur.com/a/KrBHk

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Red Baron posted:

They're super comfy.

It's a nice upgrade for you

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Bought a bunch of wood and sand and rocks and pavers and this happened:

The album is out of order for some reason but you get the idea
http://m.imgur.com/a/KrBHk

Really nice. Do the pavers maintain their spacing while you're shoveling gravel around them or do you need spacers (not pictured)?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm calling bullshit here, there's no way your cat's actually using something you bought for it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

TotalLossBrain posted:

Leave the box it came in next to it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Wanamingo posted:

I'm calling bullshit here, there's no way your cat's actually using something you bought for it.

I bought my cat a Cat Bed once, and he slept in it that night.

I nearly called the vet.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Totally TWISTED posted:

Really nice. Do the pavers maintain their spacing while you're shoveling gravel around them or do you need spacers (not pictured)?

They stay put. Sand is for getting the level correct & then we used 2" boards to get even spacing throughout. The boards are removed and rocks placed on top & swept into the cracks. Once everything is in place the rocks just hold the pavers in place.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Wanamingo posted:

Both of them are using it. I am not sure what's going on - it could be the liberal amounts of catnip everywhere on it or it could be that neither one wants to get off it for fear of losing their spot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is it an Armarkat? They must spray their products with an invisible layer of cat-crack. We have 3 cats and 3 Armarkats, and for at least half of the day there's 1 per tree.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Aww yeah!

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

My cat has a comically tall Armakat tower, I think like six feet tall, and she loving LOVES it. I think cat's just like being high up because it gives them a sense of security (at least if Jackson Galaxy, PBUH, is correct)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SgtScruffy posted:

My cat has a comically tall Armakat tower, I think like six feet tall, and she loving LOVES it. I think cat's just like being high up because it gives them a sense of security (at least if Jackson Galaxy, PBUH, is correct)

Uhh cats are predators. Being high up gives them a sense of being able to pounce on prey below.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just bought seven of these, because Amazon required a $25 minimum order for some reason and the power bricks on things keep getting bigger and I probably have seven outlets total in my 1970s condo, which will probably burn down after I plug everything in.

Living large

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ms Boods posted:

Seconding the request for more info! These are fab.

Well she bought them off a friend who ordered a bunch of them because she wasn't sure which ones she liked best, but she said she just got them from Amazon.

I searched for cat throw pillow covers and easily found the Audrey Hepburn one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R278J3E/ref=nav_timeline_asin?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't found the other one yet, so I'll see if I can get my GF to get the link from her friend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh cats are predators. Being high up gives them a sense of being able to pounce on prey below.

Bullshit, I've never once seen an invisible cat.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Bullshit, I've never once seen an invisible cat.

loving duh, they're invisible. You have to use the three dot laser pointer to lure them out.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well she bought them off a friend who ordered a bunch of them because she wasn't sure which ones she liked best, but she said she just got them from Amazon.

I searched for cat throw pillow covers and easily found the Audrey Hepburn one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R278J3E/ref=nav_timeline_asin?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haven't found the other one yet, so I'll see if I can get my GF to get the link from her friend.

Thanks!

Never mind Audrey Hepburn -- following your link, I want the Clint cat! (Except the shipping to the UK is probably awful :( ) (and it doesn't seem to come up as one of the choices. Boo.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ms Boods posted:

Thanks!

Never mind Audrey Hepburn -- following your link, I want the Clint cat! (Except the shipping to the UK is probably awful :( ) (and it doesn't seem to come up as one of the choices. Boo.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Tak...words=pets+rock

It's bloody expensive though.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Ah, cheers for the link -- yikes, that is a bit pricey... it does make me laugh, tho. Hmmm...new tyres, tax bill, or Clint Eastwood cat pillow?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Marcus Miller's grammy winning album Afrodeezia on vinyl.

A new butt-plug trumpet mouthpiece because I want to take up trumpet again.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Scarf posted:

A new butt-plug trumpet mouthpiece

Is this really mutually exclusive?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Is this really mutually exclusive?

I'll get back to you after some testing.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Scarf posted:

I'll get back to you after some tasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight