Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iridium posted:

when I got my account refund, I kept an aurora I'd added to a second account for my kid.

Much in this vein, I spent the evening teaching my 8 year old daughter the importance of griefing. We "helped" poor stimpirites get their ships launched by taking over the controls and doing it ourselves, or occasionally "nudging" them off of the pad to help them get going.

Later, after I'd left her to her own devices, she cheerfully announced "DADDY! I'm annoying someone!"

I am of course incredibly proud.

I look at posts like this as an example I can only hope to meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

redwalrus posted:

Galarox, you have inspired me to take my work to the next level.

:worship:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

That almost kinda looked close to fun.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
the oldmansandini madonna

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

That almost kinda looked close to fun.

"It seems" you are mistaken. "I believe" you can not be any more wrong.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...nk-i-understand

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

dead. i'm full dead.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

take a shot every time that goober says "dream" or a variation of the word

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5805003/#Comment_5805003

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5806851/#Comment_5806851

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5826794/#Comment_5826794

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Eonwe posted:

this is a true story, and one of many terrible goon meltdowns

there was also a LITERAL goon meltdown where this guy was taking multiple drugs including unsafe amounts of a drug he had a legitimate perscription for

aside from the fact that he had paranoid delusions and threatened to kill his wife, he one day took a lot of drugs in his car, passed out in over 100 degree weather and died

he became the incredible melting goons

then his wife posted on her SA account and was asking for advice on how to safely take the drugs that had just killed her husband, and also asked for advice on how to get the pesky life insurance company to pay out on an obvious overdose case

Oh god this reminded me of a TCC classic train wreck (also related to a goon death): Phenazepam

Goons acquire large bags of cheap and legal Russian anxiolytic drug with doses in the 1mg range. Terrifying amnesia and self destruction ensues.

Here's a post with some highlights and links to the archived threads

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637404&pagenumber=3#post435130966

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5827274/#Comment_5827274

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

:eonwe: reveal yourself friggintommynoble :eonwe:
:pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hey tommy nobly and silver bullet

hope you're both doin' good, feel free to JOIN ON IN !

:eonwe:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Toops posted:

dead. i'm full dead.

Huh?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i understand if you are afraid of being banned and so you cannot reveal your identity commando

stay safe RSI forums ghost

e; o7

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

he's saying its a good post

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

"It seems" you are mistaken. "I believe" you can not be any more wrong.

"I believe" at no point did I say it was actually fun. "It seems" I was more citing the POTENTIAL of fun at some indeterminate point in the future. (Actually, I was sort of digging the sort of vague sandbox Dead Space vibe that was going on.)

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Natron posted:

Well, this isn't even a question. Of course the space station will have a museum. What kind of civilized space station doesn't have its own Smartsonian Institute for Fine JPEGs??

Also, I'm sorry to say, but progress has been slow on the space station modeling because I recently fell of my bike breaking both my wrists got a horrible cold/flu and then a lovely dash of bronchitis, so I've been laying low for a while. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow and getting some :catdrugs:, and then I should be able to send along some rough shots of the general shape of the thing.

So in other words, two weeks.

s'all good buddy! I've been spending inordinate amounts of time on Solar Plebeian's "Bonkers" flight mode, which attempts to replicate CIG's horrid, lovely physics and collision detection, which is really stretching my procedural/random algorithmic knowledge well beyond their limits.

The idea is to give the ships really big "ramming" damage bonuses in "Bonkers" mode, but the trade-off is that your ship flies like an Alpha 2.0 ship, bugs and all. Expect random ejections.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

the cuteness of that kitten/pup pic killed me.

it's a compliment.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Iridium posted:

when I got my account refund, I kept an aurora I'd added to a second account for my kid.

Much in this vein, I spent the evening teaching my 8 year old daughter the importance of griefing. We "helped" poor stimpirites get their ships launched by taking over the controls and doing it ourselves, or occasionally "nudging" them off of the pad to help them get going.

Later, after I'd left her to her own devices, she cheerfully announced "DADDY! I'm annoying someone!"

Commandos who are reading this thread: Suppose the game does come out, and is functional, and works with some non-trivial number of bells and/or whistles and/or birds.

THIS is what awaits you. Not just goons griefing you, but goonspawn. Iridium took up the banner where Lowtax tried and failed. Pgabz showing us the way. The better the game actually is, the less it crashes, the more accessible it becomes, the fewer the 30+ GB redownloads, the more you have to worry. We will crash the Idrises we steal into new player Auroras in the starter zones just because we can. Be careful what you wish for.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CubicalSucrose posted:

Commandos who are reading this thread: Suppose the game does come out, and is functional, and works with some non-trivial number of bells and/or whistles and/or birds.

THIS is what awaits you. Not just goons griefing you, but goonspawn. Iridium took up the banner where Lowtax tried and failed. Pgabz showing us the way. The better the game actually is, the less it crashes, the more accessible it becomes, the fewer the 30+ GB redownloads, the more you have to worry. We will crash the Idrises we steal into new player Auroras in the starter zones just because we can. Be careful what you wish for.

*Harry Caray Voice* Goons Win! Goons Win!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raged posted:

Mechwarrior online made me change my name so I picked a new one. I figured there was and overlap between people paying $500 for mechs in MWO and Star Citizen backers.

I'm now know as Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky. Will post rage screenshots if I get any.

Hello robot commando, shoot me a friend request if you want. Name's nerfgun. Always down to stomp some bots.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Happy Sisyphus posted:

:eonwe: reveal yourself friggintommynoble :eonwe:
:pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz: :pgabz:

It's me. I have an alternate account.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CubicalSucrose posted:

Chris will never allow it! :pray:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Iridium posted:

It's genetic. My girls' online time is ~90% them laughing at someone loathing them for being assholes in runescape or whatever browser game

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

not entirely sure if you're kidding or not, but this was my first guess back when people started speculating.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Solarin posted:

Requesting additional dog pictures in your next personal life update

Request approved. I'll make him do something dumb tomorrow and take some pictures.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

A Neurotic Jew posted:

not entirely sure if you're kidding or not, but this was my first guess back when people started speculating.

Well-spotted, because I missed it. Then again you still think Zecumbe isn't a goon.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Toops posted:

the cuteness of that kitten/pup pic killed me.

it's a compliment.

How are you handling version control with Solar Plebian?

I'd like to contribute.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

alf_pogs posted:

hey tommy nobly and silver bullet

hope you're both doin' good, feel free to JOIN ON IN !

:eonwe:

Tommy has always been here, inside of your heart. You just never knew it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Frankly I'm surprised CIG hadn't caught on.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I am attracted to Space , I want to "gently caress" Space ...............

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Haskell9 posted:

Well-spotted, because I missed it. Then again you still think Zecumbe isn't a goon.

That's true, and I still think Lethality is, in fact, kind of an idiot :-P

I do think you're a good poster though

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

A Neurotic Jew posted:

This is just to get a slew of people banned until Beer finally claims he's the accounts of moderators who the CIG thread-reader passes on the names of to ban-team without realising who they belong to.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheLastRoboKy posted:

This is just to get a slew of people banned until Beer finally claims he's the accounts of moderators who the CIG thread-reader passes on the names of to ban-team without realising who they belong to.

My RSI alt is wesha. Please ban me.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

its me, dolvak

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

its me, dolvak

Thats him in the bowtie.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kingcom posted:

Thats him in the bowtie.

that's him in the wheelchair
losing his religion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kingcom posted:

Thats him in the bowtie.

Actually that's Erris.

Not that it matters, since they're the same inside.

• Locked thread