Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

DarkMalfunction posted:

So I'm about a week or two in, and should probably get round to upgrading from this random plasma sword I got from an alert: What's the tl;dr of melee weapons, in terms of what to get and what to avoid? The Fragor or Magistar look cool, and I did like the Bo Mk1 when using it - is the Bo Prime worth aiming for? I see the OP recommends the Amphis, but was wondering what other people think.

Currently using Rhino mainly, planning to get Trinity and/or Oberon whenever I can as well.

Wield whatever you like best and just use the rest for mastery fodder. The Second Dream gives you a better melee weapon at the end anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Well I have stance mods for swords, hammers, and a few others, I think I have about 3 or 4, so that makes that recommendation a bit interesting. I actually counted the days, and my one week is actually more like 3. I think I'll get the Fragor and perhaps try out dual swords as well, see what I like. What's thrown melee like?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

KDdidit posted:

Do you get the extra extractor slot if you just get the accessories pack?
I can confirm that yes, you do. (I did that for the last Prime Access.)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hrm. Nikana prime seems... disappointing. It's like they primed the regular Nikana, and not the Dragon one.

I am disappointed, but hey, this means I get to use Decisive Judgement again. I have been missing that second strike off the normal combo because of how readily it hits loving ospreys.

Ooh, and I get to play with a build using Body Count, too!

Edit: Further playing into my theory: Nikana Prime uses the Nikana's Surt-form skin and not the Ymir-form one. Sooooo, Dragon Nikana Prime when?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 17, 2016

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DarkMalfunction posted:

So I'm about a week or two in, and should probably get round to upgrading from this random plasma sword I got from an alert: What's the tl;dr of melee weapons, in terms of what to get and what to avoid? The Fragor or Magistar look cool, and I did like the Bo Mk1 when using it - is the Bo Prime worth aiming for? I see the OP recommends the Amphis, but was wondering what other people think.

Currently using Rhino mainly, planning to get Trinity and/or Oberon whenever I can as well.

if you want a goal, work towards the Redeemer because it's great fun, and rather powerful as well

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Crimor wanted to see what the new syandana and sigil looked like, so I took a few pictures using default Excal as a model. The purple goop inside the sigil shifts about (and matches your energy colour if you set one). Altering the sigil colour itself just changes the trim.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Someone wants cool melee weapons???

-Redeemer
-Orthos p (if you can get p reach you can hit dudes through walls. Yes walls. As in, plural)
-Anku (make sure to have at least reach and the stance mod)
-dual cleavers (with justice mod (ask goons) and Swirling Tiger)
-nikana (and its big brothers)
-Galantine, though if you buy the Hunhow's Gift pack, you get the much, much better sword called War. (Fair warbing, these things REQUIRE Fury and Berserker)
-Lecta or the atterax

Some goons swear by the Kronen/boltace but I don't like it myself. All machete weapons are bad even of the machete wraith makes you look like Sundowner.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
So I figured I would post them here and give goons a first crack at it, but I have a few extra Boltor Prime and Rhino Prime parts laying around, specifically:

Boltor Prime Receiver, Barrel, and 2 stocks.
Rhino Prime 2 Chassis, and 2 Systems.

I'm open to trades, but I'm specifically looking for Ash Prime Systems and BP or anything Trinity Prime except Systems (I've been having a hell of a time farming these ones).

PS. my Warframe name is the same as here for the interested parties.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

SSNeoman posted:

-dual cleavers (with justice mod (ask goons) and Swirling Tiger)

and Berserker :black101:

This is probably my favorite weapon of everything I've used, guns included.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The tonfa are good for hilarious status shenanigans but the second whipsword (not Mios, I can't remember it's name) does it better now.

E: Lacera! The Lacera does it better now. Something like 40% base chance, goes way over 100 with a few gold dualstats.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 17, 2016

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
they need to stop putting poo poo in t3cap.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Sarcastastic posted:

So I figured I would post them here and give goons a first crack at it, but I have a few extra Boltor Prime and Rhino Prime parts laying around, specifically:

I'm open to trades, but I'm specifically looking for Ash Prime Systems and BP or anything Trinity Prime except Systems (I've been having a hell of a time farming these ones).

Sweet titty christ I could use the barrel. I bet you're PC though, aren't you?

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Raptor1033 posted:

Unfortunately I am. I would gladly share it with you if I could though, assuming you aren't from your comment (and I'm pretty sure I saw you commenting to join the PS4 clan)

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

how good is something like the dual ichor with blood rush and body count?

e: according to some chart on the wiki, with true steel and blood rush, at just 1.5 combo you get a total crit chance of 139% (!)

at 2.5 combo you have 205% (!!!!) crit chance which seems pretty absurd, and with blood rush you only have to smack something every 15s to keep your combo multiplier, sounds pretty great on paper

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 17, 2016

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

That really depends on your enthusiasm for chopping and how many victims you have at your disposal. If there's a veritable jungle of future dead people for you to clearcut, the world is your viscera-drenched oyster. Otherwise, your hit-to-hit damage suffers if you're only using them as occasional violence causers. It's an incredibly powerful build if you're playing to it's style in favorable circumstances, which is what mods should have been used for in the first place. :colbert:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I've been having fun with Limbo using cataclysm as my trigger-free safe space where baddies can get chopped down by super-powered rift surge melee attacks, constant energy regen and Rage feeds back into channeled strikes that heal me to full on every hit

I just haven't tried it yet with a super crit weapon and I think I just might do that

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Sarcastastic posted:

Assuming you still have them would you be willing to trade a Boltor Receiver for a Trinity Prime Blueprint?

mortal
Oct 12, 2012
I have an Ash Prime Systems. I really need a Boltor Prime BP... ran T3 and T4 MD for days and came up empty. But I could also use a Rhino Prime Chassis to give me the set to sell for plat. If you're still in need tomorrow night I'm strongrobot in game.

I think I have a Trinity part, too. Maybe Chassis?

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Assuming you still have them would you be willing to trade a Boltor Receiver for a Trinity Prime Blueprint?

Done, I won't be on tonight, but drop me a message or something and it's yours.

mortal posted:

I have an Ash Prime Systems. I really need a Boltor Prime BP... ran T3 and T4 MD for days and came up empty. But I could also use a Rhino Prime Chassis to give me the set to sell for plat. If you're still in need tomorrow night I'm strongrobot in game.

I think I have a Trinity part, too. Maybe Chassis?

I don't have the BP, but I'm down for the Ash Prime Systems for Rhino Chassis.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raptor1033 posted:

Bug me on PS4 again

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

What's the easiest way to get Forma? I can finally start using some of the clan blueprints but that's the one ingredient I'm missing.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
Do void runs with the intent of farming for literally any other reward.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Ceebees posted:

Do void runs with the intent of farming for literally any other reward.

Infinitely this. I had a hard time finding them at first, now I will never be rid of the things.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Danakir posted:

You guys think there's any chance I might be able to trade the Boltor Prime Receiver + Stock for the blueprint?

If anyone's interested, I managed to make that trade. So that was sweet.

Also, from my experience, T2 Survival is the best by far for forma farming. It drops in the A rotation, so you can easily do 10/30 minutes run and come out with some forma for your efforts. At least, that's what I did to solve that problem.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Infinitely this. I had a hard time finding them at first, now I will never be rid of the things.

I thought that, but now I have 50+ built forma and less than 10 bp's most of which I got Saryn farming today. I was scraping by for a while with just 1 extra BP in the stack. edit: up to 20 now thanks to t1s keys heh

Denzine fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 17, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I like how the Spira Prime has worse stats than the regular version.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Wasn't it originally Kunai Prime instead of Spira for the chinese warframe founder's pack? The Spira came after that was released, most likely a rejected model for warframe CN. Maybe the stat was based on the Kunai.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Maxing Primed Reach is the best decision I've ever made in this game. How does anybody live without it?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
As someone who recently discovered the same thing, I couldn't agree more. Primed Reach is so much better than its counterpart that it's kind of unfair that it's not readily available. I love having it now, but I dunno how I feel about normal Reach being so lovely by comparison.

It completely transforms your melee experience.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fucksakes, that's two good primed mods I've missed out on then. First Primed Point Blank, now this. :(

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

e: according to some chart on the wiki, with true steel and blood rush, at just 1.5 combo you get a total crit chance of 139% (!)

at 2.5 combo you have 205% (!!!!) crit chance which seems pretty absurd, and with blood rush you only have to smack something every 15s to keep your combo multiplier, sounds pretty great on paper

You haven't even figured in a Naramon buff.

I've been doing ridiculous things with the Obex and Blood Rush. The attack rate on that thing is pretty fast to begin with, and on top of that I use Berserk+Volt. That way I can crank up my combo counter as fast as possible. Crits increase my attack speed, which increases my combo counter, which increases my crit chance.

I need to try out a Volt+Valkyr team up just so I can get my attack rate up to a billion punches per second.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I've been using Atterax for infinite-melee-scaling shenanigans. The incredible reach makes it easy to instantly wind up to 5+ hits with a spin attack into a crowd.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

wow I definitely need to get my hands on a Berserker then

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just ask for it in clan chat

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

KDdidit posted:

Bug me on PS4 again

Can do! I'll see if you're online after I get off work. Which Nyx part did you need again? Happen to have the boltor bp, ankyros blade, or ankyros bp as well?
Edit: Side note, I kinda hated the amphis moveset but I did not have a stance mod for it. Am I an idiot? I do have an atterax waiting to be claimed, we'll see if that thing rules. I also don't like the Nikana's moveset atm, also lack a mod. I have bad opinions.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 17, 2016

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

Is there a "best" elemental combo for Void missions? So far I've been running Radiation+Toxic and it seems to be doing ok. Maybe Radiaton and Viral?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Amdis posted:

Is there a "best" elemental combo for Void missions? So far I've been running Radiation+Toxic and it seems to be doing ok. Maybe Radiaton and Viral?

Corrosive. Viral, if your team is running 4x Corrosive Projection.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Amdis posted:

Corrosive/Cold.

This is because against Ancient Healers and Heavy Gunners, Corrosive does +75% damage , and takes no penalty against Bombards. Bombards, Ancient Healers, and Heavy Gunners all have the highest hit points of anything in the void, and so you want to maximize your bonus damage against them. Cold does +25% against Bombards, and takes no penalty against the other two. (It also does bonus damage against shields, which is nice for all those Orokin Drones hanging around).

Radiation does +75% bonus damage vs. bombards, and viral procs can half health (only useful at really high levels), but radiation takes a penalty vs. Ancient Healers and shields. It's not bad, but generally just not as good. I usually run radiation on my secondary.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Corrosive. Viral, if your team is running 4x Corrosive Projection.
Actually, this part I'm not sure on, and can't seem to find it anywhere on the wiki. If you reduce enemy armor to 0%, even if they have no "armor" (so no damage reduction), do enemies still have "Ferrite Armor" or "Alloy Armor" as a defense type? If they keep that defense type, you would still want Corrosive/Cold for the bonus damage.

Edit: Never mind, found it. If armor is 0, the "armor type" is lost, so yes, you would generally want Viral if running 4 Corrosive Projections. Even with 3 Corrosive Projections, though, Corrosive/Cold is going to be best.

Note that this only really matters 40+ minutes/waves into a Tower 4 or Tower 3 Survival or Defense. Hit points and armor tend not to get high enough before that for damage types to matter all that much as long as you have a decent weapon.

Uranium Phoenix fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 18, 2016

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Strengths/weaknesses on the armor type act as a multiplier on the armor, not on the damage. Against high armor targets, you'll do much, much more damage hitting a weakness than you would with neutral damage. When you're not running corpro, in order to deal with high level armored enemies you have to be dealing so much raw damage that unarmored enemies have insignificant health. It's usually recommended to bring radiation instead of corrosion to the void because the bombards represent much larger threats than the heavy gunners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you're getting to the point where the bombards are an actual threat, you're probably already bringing 4x corpro and thus should be focusing on viral damage anyway.

Corrosive/cold is the better general-purpose choice for the void.