Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Suran37 posted:

So, with that new Vulkan graphics API being released today, could the lack of updates mean csgo is moving to source 2 "soon"™?

HAHA! No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
I don't understand what the point of bringing s1mple across an ocean is if you're going to make him rifle most of the time, NA CS is so utterly hopeless

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

For gently caress's sakes.

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/699673261655904256

RIP Liquid's chances for doing good at the major.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I love how people on reddit think source 2 is coming even remotely soon, even though there is 0 evidence to even suggest it. If CSGO of getting a big update soon, my money is on unranked queue.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

I love how people on reddit think source 2 is coming even remotely soon, even though there is 0 evidence to even suggest it. If CSGO of getting a big update soon, my money is on unranked queue.
Glove skins, including team glove skins for the major.

You heard it here first.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

For gently caress's sakes.

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/699673261655904256

RIP Liquid's chances for doing good at the major.

But Liquid qualified by being Bottom 8, not from the qualifier qualifier :confused:

symbolic posted:

You heard it here first.

StatTrak glove skins, you mean

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Stattrak boots, +1 for every step. You can prestige them when they get to 99999.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

But Liquid qualified by being Bottom 8, not from the qualifier qualifier :confused:
NME qualified with the America's Champion qualifier. However, because of this rule, koosta will have to play with NME for the qualifier while Liquid will probably have to use adreN again. Same goes for the major from what I can tell. It's a very badly-worded Tweet.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I actually liked adren, just a shame he's easily the worst player on the team.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

symbolic posted:

You heard it here first.

did not, in fact, hear it here first

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

NME qualified with the America's Champion qualifier. However, because of this rule, koosta will have to play with NME for the qualifier while Liquid will probably have to use adreN again. Same goes for the major from what I can tell. It's a very badly-worded Tweet.

It's a good rule. It prevents super teams from straight up buying people from competitors just so they can't compete.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

qhat posted:

I actually liked adren, just a shame he's easily the worst player on the team.

hes bad

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So a Valve dev and CS co-creator has been dropping hints about Newke on Reddit the past few days. So far, they're moving it from Germany to the U.S. Rust Belt, making it less CT-sided, the CTs will be Seal Team 6 and Ts will be Phoenix, and this image was taken outside of Mini.

Hyyyyype. :pcgaming:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hope this is a step towards actual communication from valve on csgo

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

So a Valve dev and CS co-creator has been dropping hints about Newke on Reddit the past few days. So far, they're moving it from Germany to the U.S. Rust Belt, making it less CT-sided, the CTs will be Seal Team 6 and Ts will be Phoenix, and this image was taken outside of Mini.

Hyyyyype. :pcgaming:

Makes sense. There's no better place for Toxic than NA.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

:agreed:

If anyone sounds like they're under 21 I just instantly mute them at this point.

\/ The first words I heard out of 3 teammates (who were children) last time I queued was 'friend of the family' and 'human being' :smith:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 17, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

:agreed:

If anyone sounds like they're under 21 I just instantly mute them at this point.
Rude. :smith:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

qhat posted:

:lol:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

:yarg:

for real though, anyone with a DINOSOWER tag you should just immediately mute and report for griefing, even if they don't grief.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

for real though, anyone with an anime avatar you should just immediately mute and report for griefing, even if they don't grief.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

That picture is from the hitbox update, so old. People on reddit seriously told them to check out newke_v5 for tips.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sleppy posted:

That picture is from the hitbox update, so old.
I'm well aware of that, sleppy.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
If you don't have a steam anime avatar in 2016 yyou have no-one but yourself to blame for being bad at cs

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, I'm 24 and more than half the time someone's annoyed with me on my team they either ask if I'm a kid or gay. Don't be that guy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

complexity is so bad

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

complexity is so bad
"B-B-B-B-BUT GOD FROD :qq:"

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Luminosity just smurfing away. Col doesn't know how to move on the map with the pressure they're under.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm trying so hard to sandbag post-rank shift and I can't drop below dmg no matter how hard I try

What's the secret

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

Xenaero posted:

I'm trying so hard to sandbag post-rank shift and I can't drop below dmg no matter how hard I try

What's the secret

Pretend you're stewie2k and try to make the dumbest plays possible.

With any luck you'll be just like him and sink like a millstone.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Scout/Deagle only. Drop guns/be the bank so your teammates dont <Report>.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

What's the secret

Tweak your settings so you're hitting ~20-30 frames. Start a torrent right when queue pops.

You're welcome.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Xenaero posted:

What's the secret

play with me I want to do the same thing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

What's the secret
Be me.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
This is impossible

The other team surrendered somehow

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

This is impossible

The other team surrendered somehow
Run and spray
Aim at feet
Et. al.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
More than usual.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Let me use your account for 1 day

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Please tell me that goonman map is not what nuke will look like, holy poo poo

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Jeza posted:

Please tell me that goonman map is not what nuke will look like, holy poo poo

Probably not. At best they took the over arching "suggestions" the map maker had, like "fix toxic" and "rafters are OP" and worked on those without using his "fixes" for those problems. Cause his fixes didn't actually fix anything.

Which I always thought was the point. I figured it was a troll map that broke Nuke in the other direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Removing the 5 second dash from both spawns is a nice touch, though.