Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
No no, I'm not mad that a crazed reality show bully changed my campaign from "gently caress this primary, we'll win anyway and look better for saying gently caress you plebes" to "the Jeb Bush festival of pain, a 2 day expo of that occurs every other day". Actually, I'm laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Becks b team think Trump is making a documentary about how stupid republicans are.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hermetic posted:

Remember: back in 96, the GOP held a banquet in that bloated drugsack's honor for his role in helping bring congress under their control. Now he can't even help bend the primaries towards a candidate he prefers.

That has to sting.

Wasn't it as late as 2009~ when he said that he wants that ni Obama to fail during an RNC thing?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Jeb's campaign has to be a prank. It has to be.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JEB's campaign is the result of real rich white guy version of what Scalia thought affirmative action was all about where you are on easy mode despite being unqualified and aren't prepared for the real world.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
jebbush.com

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Thank you for bringing this to the world's attention for the first time.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Hmm, I didn't know the movement was called "Black Lives Matter More". Thanks future FOX News Channel babe, for that enlightening tidbit.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Err, isn't that a Fabrique Nationale?

How sweet of Jeb-jeb! to bring some Walloons to America's attention!

gamey
May 17, 2009

Does he have a bullet with his name on it?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

gamey posted:

Does he have a bullet with his name on it?

Hope you like secret servic....hahahahaha goddamit I couldn't finish.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I 100% believe Jeb Bush didn't want to run for president and was only pressured into it so the motherfuckers who made a shitton of money off W can get another free pass to poo poo all over America and the rest of the world.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

Jeb's campaign has to be a prank. It has to be.
I think Jeb expected a fairly normal primary, but then these fringe weirdos came out and conservatives fell in love with them and left Jeb in the dust for months.

Maybe Jeb or his campaign realized the only way to win to try and be as pandering as possible. Guns! Empty Nationalism! Overt racism!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Despera posted:

Becks b team think Trump is making a documentary about how stupid republicans are.

I hope they're right.

That documentary would be a comedy gold mine.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

It was pointed out in the liberal press that he has a gun made by a company that used to make firearms FOR THE NAZIS, but I was merely thought "too cheap to buy American?"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I 100% believe Jeb Bush didn't want to run for president and was only pressured into it so the motherfuckers who made a shitton of money off W can get another free pass to poo poo all over America and the rest of the world.

Which is weird because you'd think that they'd be slinging money at Rubio, the current easily lead popular conservative puppet.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Pixelboy posted:

It was pointed out in the liberal press that he has a gun made by a company that used to make firearms FOR THE NAZIS, but I was merely thought "too cheap to buy American?"

The funniest thing about the :siren: AMERICAN CRAFTSMANSHIP BUY AMERICAN EVERYTHING :siren: is that America doesn't make much stuff these days, not directly anyway, and a lot of what American companies make is just downright inferior to foreign companies. American trucks are OK but American cars actually suck. Our guns are mediocre at best.

That and thanks to the world shrinking due to technology it's drat near impossible to buy something that didn't involve some other country's labor at some point. It's a global economy now and nothing short of a major catastrophe is going to change that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rorus Raz posted:

I think Jeb expected a fairly normal primary, but then these fringe weirdos came out and conservatives fell in love with them and left Jeb in the dust for months.

Maybe Jeb or his campaign realized the only way to win to try and be as pandering as possible. Guns! Empty Nationalism! Overt racism!

Early June, 2015. The field was:
JEB!,
Walker (an empty suit Koch stand-in),
Cruz (hated by the party apparatchik),
Rand Paul (a toy phone coasting off the remnants of his dad's perennial failed pres runs),
Rubio (running for VP/springboard for FL Gov),
Huckabee (book tour),
Carson (book tour/ambien salesman),
Christie (hated by the base),
Kasich (ditto),
Perry (oops),
Santorum (google it!),
Jindal (lol),
Fiorina (failed businesswoman/senate runs)
Edit: I FORGOT GILMORE!

Really, aside from maybe Cruz or Walker, there was no real competition. All JEB had to do was avoid major faceplants and it was his.
And then Trump's entrance music played and he took a chair to the back of the head.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Geostomp posted:

Which is weird because you'd think that they'd be slinging money at Rubio, the current easily lead popular conservative puppet.

Establishment types generally want someone who's been around for a while. They probably look at Rubio and think "He'll sure be something when he grows up."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Carson (book tour/ambien salesman),

Jindal (lol),
Fiorina (failed businesswoman/senate runs)

You forgot to add token to these three.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've got some interesting local things happening. So, there's this restaurant called Nazareth Deli, pretty standard Mediterranean/Greek place. It's in international news now. Why? To quote the Breitbart headline "EXCLUSIVE–Ohio Restaurant Owner: Machete Attack ‘Most Definitely’ Terrorism; Argued with Local Arabs About Israel" or The Blaze "Report: Man With Somali Background Enters Ohio Restaurant and Starts Hacking People With Machete." Here and here are non-RWM accounts of the story. Since, well, I don't want to give Breitbart and such more views. Hell, even Cruz tweeted about it. https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/698229202747858952

Terrorism...at a suburban restaurant. I doubt it honestly. A quote from near the middle of the WaPo article "Authorities did admit, however, that the FBI had previously investigated Barry, a Muslim, for allegedly making radical Islamic threats four years ago, but the agency had abandoned the investigation, according to NBC4.

So far, little about the attack seems to fit any recognizable mold."

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 17, 2016

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The funniest thing about the :siren: AMERICAN CRAFTSMANSHIP BUY AMERICAN EVERYTHING :siren: is that America doesn't make much stuff these days, not directly anyway, and a lot of what American companies make is just downright inferior to foreign companies. American trucks are OK but American cars actually suck. Our guns are mediocre at best.

That and thanks to the world shrinking due to technology it's drat near impossible to buy something that didn't involve some other country's labor at some point. It's a global economy now and nothing short of a major catastrophe is going to change that.

People will bitch about wanting American made stuff up until they see the price tags. Then they'll bitch about how much it costs.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Haha, the Black Panthers "used violence and intimidation to advance not racial equality, but an overthrow of white domination". So according to The Blaze:

Using intimidation and violence to advance racial equality = good.
Overthrowing white domination = bad.

Good to know!

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
I like the implication that you can somehow promote racial equality without attacking white domination.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's hard to say what's American and what's foreign anymore. Is a car company American when it's owned by European conglomerate and assembled in Mexico?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

SumYungGui posted:

Why do we not live in a sane universe? Because if we did you would never have to even say two words to Trump. Just play videos like that on a loop and nothing else. Instead we're living out Idiocracy with a literal loving wrestler running for actual president.

Oh please, Ronald Reagan was in a feature film with a simian co-star and did commercials for cigarettes. "Ronald Reagan?! The actor?!" etc.

The Republican party did this to themselves when they decided that the best course for the future was to sell out completely. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Scott Walker exist to dismantle society and sell it to the wealthy at cost. The only thing they know how to do is cut taxes for their wealthy friends and win easy elections in blood red states and districts. Donald Trump is winning on a potent mix of the racism of the US populace and the shocking weakness of the current Republican party, and it really shouldn't be surprising. He's destroying them from the inside, maybe on purpose.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Oh please, Ronald Reagan was in a feature film with a simian co-star and did commercials for cigarettes. "Ronald Reagan?! The actor?!" etc.

The Republican party did this to themselves when they decided that the best course for the future was to sell out completely. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Scott Walker exist to dismantle society and sell it to the wealthy at cost. The only thing they know how to do is cut taxes for their wealthy friends and win easy elections in blood red states and districts. Donald Trump is winning on a potent mix of the racism of the US populace and the shocking weakness of the current Republican party, and it really shouldn't be surprising. He's destroying them from the inside, maybe on purpose.

I don't disagree with anything besides this. People keep bringing it up like its a real possibility, but I don't see any evidence to support that. He's a megalomaniac and a narcissist and so far has been doing everything to promote himself. Destroying the party just seems like an afterthought, not a goal of any kind.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Destroying the party may be a side effect, but destroying ¡Jeb! personally is absolutely a purposeful act. Just so happens that making GBS threads in those particular cheerios has bent the establishment over a barrel.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
He's a businessman and he smells blood in the water, of course he's doing it on purpose. Whether he wins or loses the election there's money to be made by being the loudest of the right and none of them can stop him because Trump is everything the right wing media machine has programmed their base to love. He's rich, he's powerful, he's openly blaming non white "real Americans" for every problem and he wants more. The only thing he's missing is the claim of being Christ returned to Earth and maybe he's just saving that for the nomination speech.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Crowder announced his diagnosis

For those who know about this stuff, how bad is that?

not bad enough!!!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Crabtree posted:

He's a businessman and he smells blood in the water, of course he's doing it on purpose. Whether he wins or loses the election there's money to be made by being the loudest of the right and none of them can stop him because Trump is everything the right wing media machine has programmed their base to love. He's rich, he's powerful, he's openly blaming non white "real Americans" for every problem and he wants more. The only thing he's missing is the claim of being Christ returned to Earth and maybe he's just saving that for the nomination speech.

No, he's a salesman. I know I've said this many, many times but he's a salesman more than a businessman or politician. He saw an opportunity to get publicity and improve his brand. Look at his history in business; it's entirely "I make expensive, luxury things for expensive, luxury people." He inherited his wealth and turned that into "I know what rich people like because I'm rich. Here are a bunch of things with my name and face on them for rich people." Because he has that brand he can slap his name on basically anything, crank the price up just because it says "Trump," and laugh all the way to the bank so long as he keeps the brand strong. Running for president keeps his name in the news and the association strong.

All he has to do is keep acting like a smug, rich bastard the whole time and he gets to keep selling overpriced crap to people with more money than sense.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://time.com/4225884/ted-cruz-military-gluten-free-meals/

Way to go ted. Way to go.

Don't ever say you support the troops again you lying sack of poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I don't disagree with anything besides this. People keep bringing it up like its a real possibility, but I don't see any evidence to support that. He's a megalomaniac and a narcissist and so far has been doing everything to promote himself. Destroying the party just seems like an afterthought, not a goal of any kind.

People love a good puppetmaster play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://time.com/4225884/ted-cruz-military-gluten-free-meals/

Way to go ted. Way to go.

Don't ever say you support the troops again you lying sack of poo poo.

I really can't understand the mind set of how our military isn't the most cared for advanced thing our government runs. It's utter loving madness

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

KomradeX posted:

I really can't understand the mind set of how our military isn't the most cared for advanced thing our government runs. It's utter loving madness

I just like the fact that these people go out of their way to cut veterans and active duty benefits.

Like they send our service men and women to go fight pointless loving wars for the military industrial complex. (in the process harming how we're perceived worldwide). Then to add insult injury? Go out of their way to gently caress over the VA and pull poo poo like this.

But yes, I mean it's the "LEFT" that hates "ARR TROOPS".

jesus christ they're like GI Joe super villains at this point.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

That's what I mean. To believe he is doing any of this with the intention of taking down the republican party means he is playing some grand chess game like a evil super genius but all he has done so far is flip over the board and call everyone a queer.

Now taking down individual candidates, yeah that's pretty obvious at this point.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

FuzzySkinner posted:

I just like the fact that these people go out of their way to cut veterans and active duty benefits.

Like they send our service men and women to go fight pointless loving wars for the military industrial complex. (in the process harming how we're perceived worldwide). Then to add insult injury? Go out of their way to gently caress over the VA and pull poo poo like this.

But yes, I mean it's the "LEFT" that hates "ARR TROOPS".

jesus christ they're like GI Joe super villains at this point.

That's been their modus operandi for a while now, though. They'll do a thing and then scream nonstop about how it's actually the left doing the thing so loudly it drowns out what's really going on. Granted their opposition to letting the VA actually have enough money centers on their opposition to all taxes and all spending. Then when something inevitably goes wrong it's "blame the Democrats!!!"

At this point the GOP is literally a cult. Reality is meaningless. You must march in lockstep at all times or you are Bad and Wrong. The world is separated into Us and Them. All bad things are caused by Them. If one of Us causes a bad thing they were obviously Them all along.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That's what I mean. To believe he is doing any of this with the intention of taking down the republican party means he is playing some grand chess game like a evil super genius but all he has done so far is flip over the board and call everyone a queer.

Now taking down individual candidates, yeah that's pretty obvious at this point.

It's because Trump is the anti-Obama or Superman+Clark in their minds. All those dumb macros about how Obongo things he's a king and better than you and also a tyrant Moriarty figure who also comically undermines his own plans all the time? That's literally Trump but he's also loudly boasting about how it's all the fault of those non-white people and their consuming the few precious resources that America can barely scrounge together that's really killing the country.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Jeb is a mess, and I love this Republican race. I haven't been so entertained by an election since I can't remember when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1FRqvn-4A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
ignore