Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I remember a sketch about this. Crank Fastle became the Reverse Punisher after his family murdered a bunch of criminals at a picnic, and spends his days being generally a helpful person to criminals he finds on the streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Pitch: A series following a gun that murders families using a bullet which fires Vietnam vets.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

It is hilarious.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 17, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It was really weird how Matt Fraction and KSD strongly disagreed about who Hawkeye was dating for a while.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

kizudarake posted:

It is hilarious.

The face isn't THAT similar, but does anyone else read that in Archer's voice or is it just me?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Young Clark Kent has just scored his first big interviews in Superman American Alien #4.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Young Clark Kent has just scored his first big interviews in Superman American Alien #4.

I assume Landis filmed himself doing this. Not for the comic, just in general.

ponfed
Oct 20, 2009

Bruceski posted:

The face isn't THAT similar, but does anyone else read that in Archer's voice or is it just me?

I certainly do now!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is the first thing I've seen from AA that I've really liked. Clark being super-excited about getting an interview is nicely humanizing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kizudarake posted:

It is hilarious.

My uncle used to do this. It's been hilarious for 20 years.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Enjoy some panels from The Question? Issue numbers totally forgotten

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Everyone in the O'Neil Question book was committing egregious hair crimes. It was weirdly prevalent, even for an '80s book.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Wanderer posted:

Everyone in the O'Neil Question book was committing egregious hair crimes. It was weirdly prevalent, even for an '80s book.

It's cool. Years from now we'll look back at, like, Saga or Prez or something and remark how loving stupid hairstyles were in the mid 2010s.

Since I found my image stash, a quickie from Kill Your Boyfriend

and one from Just a Pilgrim (I think it was the second miniseries)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sizone posted:

and one from Just a Pilgrim (I think it was the second miniseries)

Challenge accepted.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

C. Everett Koop posted:

Challenge accepted.

Need some help with that? :ccb:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Bizarro Frank Castle is dead while his family is the Punisher.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The anatomy on that woman :gonk:

Anybody know if this was a one-off panel or a full What If? comic, because now I have to read how terrible it is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

The anatomy on that woman :gonk:

Honestly, she looks pretty human for the art of the time.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 18, 2016

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Teenage Fansub posted:

Honestly, she looks pretty human for the time.

My god, man, you can clearly see her cock'n'balls stretching out the crotch of her outfit!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

TheCenturion posted:

My god, man, you can clearly see her cock'n'balls stretching out the crotch of her outfit!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheCenturion posted:

Key phrase: "for the time"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

Anybody know if this was a one-off panel or a full What If? comic, because now I have to read how terrible it is.

I actually had that one as a kid. It was a bunch of short gag comics. That one was part of a bunch of single-panel gags.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Phylodox posted:

I actually had that one as a kid. It was a bunch of short gag comics. That one was part of a bunch of single-panel gags.

Sadness.

To contribute, these images, presented without context, from Sex Criminals #14

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phylodox posted:

It also sparked that part of my brain that remembered What the?!? existed:

From issue #1

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kalli posted:

It also sparked that part of my brain that remembered What the?!? existed:

From issue #1

Ahahaha, Smuglock at the end there :allears:.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Kwyndig posted:

Anybody know if this was a one-off panel or a full What If?
Definitely a one-off, from vol. 2, issue 34, one of the spoof issues. It also had a story where Thanos turns Galactus into a human... who happens to be a dead ringer for Elvis Presley.

(No, I did not know that off the top of my head, I used Google Image Search.)

What The--?! posted:

Smegma? Wow, did that fly past my radar when I was a kid.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The Question?

Skorpinox has a brilliant plan in Transformers

Sizone fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 18, 2016

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Sizone posted:

Skorpinox has a brilliant plan in Transformers

God I fuckin' love the Marvel Transformers series. Keep in mind, this is a series where eventually one of Soundwave's cassettes becomes Decepticon leader.

And opens a loving car wash.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ensign_Ricky posted:

God I fuckin' love the Marvel Transformers series. Keep in mind, this is a series where eventually one of Soundwave's cassettes becomes Decepticon leader.

And opens a loving car wash.

With clean living and an oil change every month, anything is possible.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Golden Age racism is wild.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You'd think he could at least clip the fuckin fingernails on that hand. It's yours now, take care of it. God!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey now, he's the Black Talon, not the Black Manicure. It's all about brand image.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

WickedHate posted:

Golden Age racism is wild.

:stare:
Jesus Christ. I mean, hey, OK the Nazi reacting with disgust, fine. He's a Nazi, who gives a gently caress.

But the whole "evil ...crept into his very bloodstream...ruthless chieftain" drat.

I guess I should be happy that they specified it was the hand of a black serial killer. You know, because it wouldn't be OK to say that some random black guy's hand was slowly seeping evil into the bloodstream of this character. That would be racist.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

CzarChasm posted:

I guess I should be happy that they specified it was the hand of a black serial killer.

Did they? i thought they just said "African killer" by which, I thought, he had AIDS for a hand, or possibly colonialism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sizone posted:

Did they? i thought they just said "African killer" by which, I thought, he had AIDS for a hand, or possibly colonialism.

The hand is black, and AIDS didn't exist during the golden age of comics.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Aww. I want to give Ultra Magnus a hug. :(

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

dragon_pamcake posted:

Aww. I want to give Ultra Magnus a hug. :(

At that point their previous two interactions had both involved Ultra Magnus being a distraction (pronounced "punching bag") for the near-indestructable Galvatron, while other people worked on an actual plan. The second time the real plan failed, sending the people working on it back to the future but leaving Galvatron still knocking seven shades of poo poo out of Magnus, until the volcano they were fighting on exploded and they both submerged into molten lava.

I think he's allowed some robo-PTSD after that.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I went looking for funny panels in Abnett's new (Marvel) Hercules run, and they removed lots of the stuff that made Herc funny and the comic is the blandiest bland that ever bland.

A shame, because the premise of Herc living in an apartment with a lazy AF Gilgamesh living on his couch is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's fine, that comic was canceled. Turns out directly antagonizing the majority of the c-list character's modern fanbase is a bad idea.