Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brennon
Sep 15, 2004

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
NEW PIRMAL MOUNT S ARE GOIN G TOB E BIRDS BEHOLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Vastly superior to everyone else in AoE/multitarget situations. Like, comically so. Good but not amazing single target. Generally more mobile than black mages.

Thank you!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vastly superior to everyone else in AoE/multitarget situations. Like, comically so. Good but not amazing single target. Generally more mobile than black mages.

To expand on this a little bit, I mostly play SCH and in AoE fights I often get top DPS. If people are dying or there's a good BLM in the group, they'll probably get higher.

SMN never has to heal and has the same AoE skills as SCH (ACN ones) and then gets some very potent extra ones of their own after 50. :v:

e: oops, ast isn't arcanist

Truga fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 17, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Healers, WHM and AST in particular, also loooove a good SMN, because they can combat res and have much, much less of an MP problem than healers, so it saves a ton of MP.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Healers, WHM and AST in particular, also loooove a good SMN, because they can combat res and have much, much less of an MP problem than healers, so it saves a ton of MP.

Sadly, 90% of pubbie summoners forget they have raise at all so this is only really an advantage in premades unless you get one of the few decent summoners

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If a summoner is at the casting ruin/ruin II phase in their rotation it's less of a dps loss for them to raise than it is for a scholar in cleric stance to stop broiling.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Ran into a couple people showing off their glowy garudex weapons

Catperson power :catdrugs:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Has anyone else been having trouble with the game randomly crashing because of DirectX errors? It's been happening to me, usually in dungeons or Frontline, and it's getting kinda annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows what causes it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
are your drivers up to date

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Alternative question ... did you update your drivers recently and THEN start experiencing these issues? Friend of mine had similar issues a week ago and had to roll back drivers. Forget what card they had.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

brennon posted:

Ravana bird wings rock but bird itself could look cooler. Not really a fan.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

brennon posted:

Primal birds

:krad:

vOv posted:

Oh yeah if you're synced then you're not going to be able to skip much of anything. But I assume SonicRulez was doing it unsynced, which lets you skip thermionic, dragon/garrote, and divebombs.

I was doing it unsynched. Not like I get exp anyway. I guess I just have a stubbornness that people weren't expecting. I would've sat there and wiped 1000 times if I got to play every time. DPS cooked a lot of those mechanics though, there were definitely some I didn't see.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Is there an option hidden somewhere in the settings that'll help me to plant Flaming Arrow a little faster? The AoE is more or less where I want it when I activate the skill, but I feel like I'm losing a second or so trying to launch it.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal and I can live with it as-is. Just wondering if there's an easier way.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Honestly a BRD/SMN combo with either a WHM (for more AoE goodness) or AST (because Balance is love) is a fantastic DF combo.

Times like these really make MCHs look like the red-headed stepchild.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

brennon posted:

I approve of bugbird and whalebird. Finding 7 other people who remember how to do Bismark Ex and are willing to faceroll it for hours will be the real trick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thundarr posted:

I approve of bugbird and whalebird. Finding 7 other people who remember how to do Bismark Ex and are willing to faceroll it for hours will be the real trick.

I wonder what treebird will look like.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
I have to say I feel MCH is the most unfun dps class in the game combined with it feeling quite weak.
I took it to 60 recently and I'll probably not play it much at all unless the patch really fixes up stuff with the class, cause atm it feels so unrewarding to play and compared to BRD feels like a wasted party slot.

So speaking of the patch, with changes to the tanks will STR do anything for them? Seeing as tank left side armor usually comes with STR, I haven't found much info except the part where VIT will contribute to tank attack power.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Freak Futanari posted:

Has anyone else been having trouble with the game randomly crashing because of DirectX errors? It's been happening to me, usually in dungeons or Frontline, and it's getting kinda annoying. I'm wondering if anyone knows what causes it.

Are you using an Nvidia card? 361.75 drivers have issues with some games so rolling back to the previous version should help.

Also

Fister Roboto posted:

Chair close the thread

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Choyi posted:

So speaking of the patch, with changes to the tanks will STR do anything for them? Seeing as tank left side armor usually comes with STR, I haven't found much info except the part where VIT will contribute to tank attack power.

Nobody knows. It is all a big mystery so far, though they have been hinting very heavily that wearing strength at all outside of what you get from armor naturally is going to be a very bad idea.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd have to play BRD a bit more to get a feeling for it, but it's hard to see where a MCH is more valuable than BRD. Foe Requiem is super valuable, especially if you have a BLM in your party, and I don't think rend mind / dismantle make up for it, considering you should have a SCH / WHM that can use virus to mitigate incoming damage.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Choyi posted:

We don't actually know, but the way its presented suggests that STR will provide half or less the attack power that it used to, but not zero.

I'm personally going to assume that STR will give 0.5 attack power per point to keep it from being entirely useless, and then VIT's value will depend on which direction they want tank damage to go. If they want to nerf it, we'll see VIT give something around 0.5 ap, since any less would make STR more damage than VIT. If they want it to stay the same, I think it should be somewhere around 0.6-0.65 (based on i210 gear), though that means tank damage would scale a little faster, and any VIT ratio higher than that would be some degree of a damage buff.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'd personally like to see them set a full vit tank to be equal to what a full strength tank does now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ugh. my relic animus is going to be ruined

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd personally like to see them set a full vit tank to be equal to what a full strength tank does now.

Well no matter what we're likely to lose a little damage just because right side vit gear can have parry on it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

I'd have to play BRD a bit more to get a feeling for it, but it's hard to see where a MCH is more valuable than BRD. Foe Requiem is super valuable, especially if you have a BLM in your party, and I don't think rend mind / dismantle make up for it, considering you should have a SCH / WHM that can use virus to mitigate incoming damage.

I know a handful of people that prefer playing MCH to BRD (and parse notably better as MCH with equivalent gear) but they are definitely a rarity. Whether or not their damage improvement balances out the loss of Foes over a long fight, I can't say.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

brennon posted:

I approve of these birbs. Maybe that means I will finally be able to get clears for Bismark and Ravana EX.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Klades posted:

Well no matter what we're likely to lose a little damage just because right side vit gear can have parry on it.

Yeah that would stink, but I really don't want to see tanks lose a significant portion of the damage they put out right now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

brennon posted:

I am upset that Bismark Bird isn't just a Vanu Vanu.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Could someone please link to the (official forums?) post that explains exactly what the hell is going on with Tomestones of Poetics / Law in the next patch? All I've been able to get are fragments in company chat that often contradict each other. Thanks.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ambaire posted:

Could someone please link to the (official forums?) post that explains exactly what the hell is going on with Tomestones of Poetics / Law in the next patch? All I've been able to get are fragments in company chat that often contradict each other. Thanks.

poetics are staying

law is vanishing. esoterics will replace law in the terms of "easy to get tomestone", so something that gives 100 law now will give 100 esoterics then

law gear will be removed. esoteric gear will be the "new law gear"

i don't remember the name of the new tomestone but it's taking the place of esoterics as it stands now. weekly limit, etc.

you will be allowed to trade your old law for esoterics at a not 1:1 ratio when the patch drops

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basically Esoteric was the perfect choice.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
So after two weeks of playing, I finished going from patch 2.1 to 3.0. Hell of a ride though, especially those last two quests. Bad day it would seem.

On the bright side, Dark Knight looks like it's going to be a goddamn blast to play through, as slaughtering dirty cops and priests is very much my bag.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

sword_man.gif posted:

poetics are staying

law is vanishing. esoterics will replace law in the terms of "easy to get tomestone", so something that gives 100 law now will give 100 esoterics then

i don't remember the name of the new tomestone but it's taking the place of esoterics as it stands now. weekly limit, etc.

you will be allowed to trade your old law for esoterics at a not 1:1 ratio when the patch drops

Is the same thing happening with Blue / Red scrips from crafting and gathering?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Mr. Nice! posted:

You're fooling yourself.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chaitai posted:

Is the same thing happening with Blue / Red scrips from crafting and gathering?

not according to anything i've read, no

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

sword_man.gif posted:

poetics are staying

Ok, so I should not spend any of my law tomestones and wait to convert to esoterics on the 23rd? Since the whole 'law gear getting removed' thing.

e. Also, why don't you capitalize anything?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You should probably spend your law on relic poo poo if you want one in the future.

Otherwise, just let it rot.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You should spend them on unidentified things because I guarantee that they will not cost 1/4 of what they currently do in esoterics.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hyperactive posted:

Is there an option hidden somewhere in the settings that'll help me to plant Flaming Arrow a little faster? The AoE is more or less where I want it when I activate the skill, but I feel like I'm losing a second or so trying to launch it.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal and I can live with it as-is. Just wondering if there's an easier way.

I love how SWTOR handles it, if you have an enemy targeted and double-tap your AoE it'll fire off centered on your target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Ok, so I should not spend any of my law tomestones and wait to convert to esoterics on the 23rd? Since the whole 'law gear getting removed' thing.

e. Also, why don't you capitalize anything?

capitalization is for squares

• Locked thread