Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Captain Midnight (1943)

Alas we get to our first missing page. We can only speculate exactly what happened in those three panels.

Classic Spider-Man (1998)
Skiiiip again another comic of Gorilla Goon talking about how great he is.

Something beautiful is going to happen soon. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Yes, I'm quite sure there was a 15 minute period when absolutely no crimes were happening in NYC. No muggings, burglaries, murders, rapes...

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trent posted:

I really took it as her thinking about getting rid of them.

I have so many books it sucks to even think about moving, but I can't bring myself to do it either. Logically, I really should, but I'm always slightly horrified at the thought.

As a book hoarder myself I totally understood the strip the same way: "we should logically get rid of these books we'll probably never read, but GETTING RID OF BOOKS NOOOOO."

Buni, with Special Guest Star Blinky

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nenonen posted:

Yes, I'm quite sure there was a 15 minute period when absolutely no crimes were happening in NYC. No muggings, burglaries, murders, rapes...

Spider-man doesn't have super-hearing like say, Superman, so he doesn't have to pay attention to things if he doesn't want to.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

It's rude to kill a bunch of people without telling the cops that you're going to.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"...What the hell is this thing? A lego?"

"It's my keychain. I play a lot of Minecraft."

Going off the Rails Comix

Pooch Café

Who the hell makes a snowman's arms like that?

Ballard Street

I think people should be more willing to let strangers sit on their laps. It would save space on the subway.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Like with any riot, a good half of the people there don't particularly care about the cause. Baba Booey.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 19, 1969)

It's an emphysema diagnosis, Charlie Brown!

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 5, 1929)

Fun fact: The FDIC, the government corporation that provides deposit insurance, wasn't created until 1933. At the time of its creation, the insurance limit was $2,500. Not sure why I thought of that just now, but there you are.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

OK, minor gripe here, but who the gently caress has to wait to see people in person to realize they hosed up a photo message?

loving NO ONE, THATS WHO

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
This is my last week of Barnaby scans. Before I spend time scanning more: is anyone enjoying the strip, or should I just drop it?

King Aroo (January 24, 1951)

Barnaby (July 1, 1942)

Nancy (March 10, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 21, 1928)

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
I've started to use "huge" thumbnails for any comic that can be clicked. Seems to work, but I read on my iPad, is it breaking anyone's tables?

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Any love for GTG? Some of the wordplay is fun, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort of pulling it from GN.

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

treasureplane posted:

This is my last week of Barnaby scans. Before I spend time scanning more: is anyone enjoying the strip, or should I just drop it?

I'm enjoying the art style, but how much more of this fairy godfather arc are we looking at? I'm completely exhausted of it and I have this underlying fear that it's actually part of the core premise and I ought to just bail on reading it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I quite like Barnaby, but could take Goodtime Guy or leave it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'm enjoying the art style, but how much more of this fairy godfather arc are we looking at? I'm completely exhausted of it and I have this underlying fear that it's actually part of the core premise and I ought to just bail on reading it.

It is the core premise.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

goatface posted:

It is the core premise.

Well gently caress. Guess I'm going to stop bothering.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

treasureplane posted:

I mostly just lurk here, but I like it a lot (and King Aroo too); please keep posting!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

SomeMathGuy posted:

I like the art style as well - but I'm wondering how much further they can take the storyline (apparently, quite a bit)

Selachian posted:

I quite like Barnaby, but could take Goodtime Guy or leave it.

I just read ahead on Good Time Guy - and I'll keep posting it for awhile - there are some good strips in there. I've pulled about 18 more strips (July 1929) - if there's no love after that, I'll dump it and look for something else.

I found some "Dave's Delicatessen's," and while I love Milt Gross, and the art is great - eh - it's no Banana Oil. (click for larger)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

It's their own fault for investing their 401ks so heavily in Evil Plots. You really need to diversify.

treasureplane posted:

I enjoy it well enough and appreciate the art, but I would not particularly miss it if it wasn't posted anymore.

Slammy posted:

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Any love for GTG? Some of the wordplay is fun, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort of pulling it from GN.
Again, I could take it or leave it. It hasn't come close to blowing me away, but you've only been posting it a little while. If it's a lot of effort to get, I wouldn't blame you for dropping it though. Edit: Oh I see I should have refreshed.

I was thinking recently and realized that I read everything in this thread except Piranha Club. I don't know why that's the one exception. I mean I know it's bad, but I read plenty of bad comics here. That one though, nope. I just automatically scroll right by that one. I don't even think twice about it.

F Minus

Mary Worth

I think it's really ending soon.

Rex Morgan MD

Drawing hands is legitimately hard.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Ah, the "surly and hurtful" stage of drunkeness.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 17, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, it looks like this plotline is actually about Moominmamma losing her mind and seeking revenge on other housewives for being too drat tidy and making her look bad, so, hurray!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

I was thinking recently and realized that I read everything in this thread except Piranha Club. I don't know why that's the one exception. I mean I know it's bad, but I read plenty of bad comics here. That one though, nope. I just automatically scroll right by that one. I don't even think twice about it.
The human brain is able to come up with such interesting self-preservation mechanisms.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I just love the elephant in King Aroo :3:

Jäätävä Spede

Alcohol is taxed heavily in Finland like in Sweden and Norway, not as much as in Norway though, so Norwegians in the northern towns cross over to Finland. Finns meanwhile go to their cousins in Estonia which is only a day trip away and is an EU country. You can bring alcohol for your "own use", which is defined as 110 litres beer, 90 litres wine (60 litres can be champagne), 20 litres strong wines and 10 litres strong booze. But you can bend the limits eg. bringing more wine when not bringing any beer, also if you can prove that you are having a party such as a wedding then you can bring more. Contrast to non-EU country Russia from which you can bring 16 litres of beer, 4 litres wine, plus either 2 litres strong wines and champaigne or 1 litre vodka.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 17, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set has an original recipe DO NOT STEAL.

Working Daze mourns.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix, if you know what I mean.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LordSaturn posted:

These are so much better than anything else he does. He should go back to doing these full-time.

The early 9CL strips aren't too bad either. It's hard to point to the precise moment when he declared himself King Pretentious of GamsVille.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
If this Luann plot was an E/N thread, everyone would be screaming at Quill to sever.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Maxwell Lord posted:

The early 9CL strips aren't too bad either.

No, they really were pretty bad.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Check for yourself and find out

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Pluggers apparently think you should be comparing savings costs relative to zero rather than relative to the amount you have to spend to get a new fridge of comparable size regardless. Pluggers would fail their calculus homework.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pluggers know there's no point giving a poo poo about the environment when you'll be dead in less than a decade. How does it benefit you?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 19, 1928)

Out Our Way (October 12-13, 1928)

Pogo (February 18-19, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (April 15-18, 1954)

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (September 5, 1929)

Fun fact: The FDIC, the government corporation that provides deposit insurance, wasn't created until 1933. At the time of its creation, the insurance limit was $2,500. Not sure why I thought of that just now, but there you are.

Fun fact 2 : This strip is less than two months prior to the great Wall St. Crash of 1929. We might get see Herringbone jump from a skyscraper window.

I vote yes on Barnaby, but will live either way.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

EasyEW posted:

:stonklol:

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress I laughed at her Joey Bats Swag on the batflip.

:allears:

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

treasureplane posted:

I don't usually post but add me to the list of people enjoying Barnaby.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LordPants posted:

Classic Spider-Man (1998)

What the hell happened to their faces in panel two? :stare:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

EasyEW posted:

Holy poo poo

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Another vote for Barnaby. As a kid, I had a humor collection that included a chunk of Barnaby (O'Malley's run for Congress) that I thought was the whole thing, so I'm enjoying this longer sequence a lot. It's a strange little strip and I'm still not completely sure why I like it.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GAG-A-DAY AND SOAP OPERA STRIPS: A PRIMER

Gag-a-Day

CHILD: "Rene is going to teach me about drawing hands today!"
Panel 2: Rene and the child are shown to be playing poker. The child's first-panel interlocutor may appear, shocked at the turn of events. Humor, of a sort, is achieved.

Soap Opera
CHILD: "Rene is going to teach me about drawing hands today!"
Panel 2: It turns out to be an uninteresting statement of fact. The daily march of mundane small talk continues unabated. The child says something vaguely affectless, vaguely foreboding, and certainly unchildlike. No humor, only despair.

-FIN-

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

^^^ God, I love soap strips. :allears: ^^^

Luann

The GoComics commenters, of all people, have pointed out that the reason this trip was delayed in the first place was that Luann put it off last year because she had a job.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Aww, Jonah looks so despondent. :ohdear:

• Locked thread