Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Freestyle 4 is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Wolves is one of the weakest songs on the album to me

The Oprah part is fuckin hilarious and sounds good to boot

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

HorseRenoir posted:

I would rather walk a mile in hot coals than watch Anthony Fantano's opinions on Kanye West

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it got lost in the confusion but is that booty featured on the cover really just a random Instagram photo Ye had or is it like a model they got permission from?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

it got lost in the confusion but is that booty featured on the cover really just a random Instagram photo Ye had or is it like a model they got permission from?

Apparently it's a random rear end shot that Kim picked on intagram, the model wasn't even notified until after the cover had come out

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
wrong thread.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I still dig Wolves

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Wolves owns, but could also be way bigger and better

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
Re: the album art. The original was much better than what was eventually released. The new one is way too on the nose. Kanye needs to stop listening to crybabies who need everything spelled out for them.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I'm having a hard time picking out a favorite on this album so far. They're all so good for different reasons. Day one was Ultralight Beam and Waves, but I'm currently stuck on Famous and Facts. Yeezy Season :feelsgood:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
ULB and FML are my early favorites.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
FML, ULB, Famous are my standouts

Ye's poo poo talking at the start of Famous is top tier Ye poo poo talking.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 17, 2016

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kanye/comments/468vd0/kanye_west_wolves_og_version_feat_vic_mensa_sia/

Some supposed Wolves leak circulating with the cool marching drums from S1 and Sia and Vic. It feels too long but otherwise sounds great.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Belding posted:

Re: the album art. The original was much better than what was eventually released. The new one is way too on the nose. Kanye needs to stop listening to crybabies who need everything spelled out for them.

Can you elaborate on this? I remember the original Pablo cover being very similar, with no booty. Why the change?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Can you elaborate on this? I remember the original Pablo cover being very similar, with no booty. Why the change?

which one

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Well I dunno, that's why I'm asking belding to elaborate as there seems to be more of a story there

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
maybe the artist put WHICH/ONE as a weird way of saying "which do you prefer the one with the rear end or without?" and kanye just didn't realise. like with the tweet that still has the editing suggestion in

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apologies for double post but this deserves its own post: a new version of Wolves has come out and while it could definitely be fanmade it sounds real legit

http://www.audioclouds.net/index.php?a=track&id=169

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why do people like Wolves so much

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Escobarbarian posted:

Apologies for double post but this deserves its own post: a new version of Wolves has come out and while it could definitely be fanmade it sounds real legit

http://www.audioclouds.net/index.php?a=track&id=169

I literally posted this like 5 posts up lol

Pron on VHS posted:

Why do people like Wolves so much

Wolves to me sounds like a song that might've been an 808s b-side or some sort of logical progression into sadness post-808s and I like that sound

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok that's weird the Awful app missed a bunch of new posts out, my bad dude

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
LOOOS AN GELL AS

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok that's weird the Awful app missed a bunch of new posts out, my bad dude

It's all good, I actually am Phone Posting as well and had to double check that I didn't do the same.

Anyway I listened a few times and I still say the album version is the best, but adding Vic's verse would be cool. It's just a really great melody.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Wolves to me sounds like a song that might've been an 808s b-side or some sort of logical progression into sadness post-808s and I like that sound

That's cool, 808s is my favorite album and I love that sound, I just am not feeling wolves

No More Parties in LA sounds like a 90s Wu Tang beat

Real Friends is my favorite track

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Best song is FML or 30 Hours

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Wrap this post
In lamb's wool
This thread is filled
With fuckin Wolves

^burtle fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 17, 2016

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Pron on VHS posted:

That's cool, 808s is my favorite album and I love that sound, I just am not feeling wolves

That's fair, and I agree on both counts. Real Friends and FML are my current 1 and 2 by a lot.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I'm getting kind of scared that since the "final" version isn't out yet that he might screw with a lot of the songs when I think most of them are fine. Really, Wolves is the only thing that needs changed (and making Swizz Beats lyrics not exist on the album.) :ohdear:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The original wolves is better because it ends with Frank Ocean. The drums on that og version are kinda weird and I don't think I like them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/700010916675502080

watch the thrown

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Pron on VHS posted:

No More Parties in LA sounds like a 90s Wu Tang beat

Mine's Feedback, but Real Friends is easily number two.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ultra Light Beam, Highlight and Fade are my favorite tracks so far. But I usually just listen to the album from start to finish everytime I listen to it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has this been posted

Check out @OnlyHipHopFacts's Tweet: https://twitter.com/OnlyHipHopFacts/status/700011829133713408?s=15

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Ultra Light Beam, Highlight and Fade are my favorite tracks so far. But I usually just listen to the album from start to finish everytime I listen to it.

Same. I'm probably on 10 or 11 listens in full so far. It's such a strange mix but I love it.

Also Ye's verse in FML is so emotional he sounds like he's about to break. I love when he pushes his voice like that.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
1. Ultralight Beam
2. FML
3. Father Stretch my Hands pt. 1
4. Famous
5. Waves
6. Highights

My favorite songs, ranked, though I also usually just listen all the way through because this album is so good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This rules. Found a full version of the remix http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/IPDDKkkG/file.html

favourites are def ULB Father Pts 1+2 Famous Waves and FML. Real Friends too probably but I listened to it to death before the album came out

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
low lights is turning into an insta-skip for me

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

HorseRenoir posted:

Apparently it's a random rear end shot that Kim picked on intagram, the model wasn't even notified until after the cover had come out

Why the hell hasn't she (or the people in the video used in the opening) sued?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Thom and the Heads posted:

low lights is turning into an insta-skip for me

Aw man I love low lights into highlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Coffee And Pie posted:

Why the hell hasn't she (or the people in the video used in the opening) sued?

They're listed in the official album credits so I assume they're getting paid.

Also Low Lights is a great interlude and I play the full thing every time

• Locked thread