Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

it's weird to put d_t tastes on trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Overall is a decent but very mediocre game that other than giving you the chance to show off/perv on some virtual girls doesn't offer anything of note to the genre.

But enough about P4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

But enough about P4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Motto posted:

I know the Vita does alright in Japan, but releasing a "starter kit" late in a system's life is just weird.

its a mistranslation, its actually a restarter kit as they're trying to get its heart beating again

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

I know the Vita does alright in Japan, but releasing a "starter kit" late in a system's life is just weird.

It's surprising how many people are interested but haven't made the jump yet for whatever reason. I have friends here in the US who want a Vita super bad but are (probably rightfully) waiting out all the Vita exclusives to hit Steam. A "starter kit" has to be good for someone. I want that blue kit.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's the Aqua Blue gamestop color so you can buy one today.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The title of this thread is surprisingly accurate. I have watched 0 anime in my life, yet Tales of Hearts R is my gaming obsession right now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
My vita also came in a bundle with a 16gb card and some games I'll never play. It was still cheaper than buying a vita + the very expensive 16gb card :v:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

so i got a ps4 and i just tried playing bloodborne on my vita, it doesn't really seem practical for that

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I wish I had a 16 GB card. Every time I say "ok, this is it, I'm gonna get a bigger memory card", I stare at the prices and go buy another game instead. I just can't logic it away somehow even though it would improve my Vita experience.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

so i got a ps4 and i just tried playing bloodborne on my vita, it doesn't really seem practical for that

You'd need one of those grips that turn the touchpad into actual buttons.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My 3G Vita 1000 was $120 and then I got a 4GB card for $5 on clearance at Best Buy....In 2013

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I got a Vita and a 16GB card at launch, plus 2 other games, and now I long for the days where I had that sort of disposable income..

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Saoshyant posted:

I wish I had a 16 GB card. Every time I say "ok, this is it, I'm gonna get a bigger memory card", I stare at the prices and go buy another game instead. I just can't logic it away somehow even though it would improve my Vita experience.

You'd need one of those grips that turn the touchpad into actual buttons.

yeah seems that way. I got a 16gb card for my vita and i have to say coming from 4gb it was just a joy to have more than one game at a time.

anyway like 4 months ago i bought some kind of intensely anime game called AR nosurge and it was pretty hilarious, but the question i have is does it ever become fun? I played it for like 5 hours and it seemed like it had plans to go on for another 100 without combat ever becoming interesting

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

It's the Aqua Blue gamestop color so you can buy one today.

Takoluka posted:

I want that blue kit.

I'm not paying MSRP for another 16GB.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Downloading now. Let's see if it makes me change my mind.

Bhikkhuni's multiplayer is also live.

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/699812643813478400

Holy crap. so they have a 2GB patch at launch, and now add another 700MB for multiplayer? Can they even code a Vita game properly?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Holy crap. so they have a 2GB patch at launch, and now add another 700MB for multiplayer? Can they even code a Vita game properly?

Tamsoft isn't always this terrible, so I wonder if it's specifically because Takaki's at the helm. Is there no QA, or just no sense of urgency?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Apoplexy posted:

The title of this thread is surprisingly accurate. I have watched 0 anime in my life, yet Tales of Hearts R is my gaming obsession right now.

That would be because Tales of Hearts R is a good game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Tamsoft isn't always this terrible, so I wonder if it's specifically because Takaki's at the helm. Is there no QA, or just no sense of urgency?
yes, the senran kagura guy hates video games and emits an anti-good-programming aura

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Endorph posted:

yes, the senran kagura guy hates video games and emits an anti-good-programming aura

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that while Tamsoft isn't the best, they've released a series of reliable games. What makes Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive so special that they're released in such incomplete states? They're not anymore complicated than Onechanbara or even Dream Club, and yet SK Burst ran like garbage, SV suffers from similar frame rate issues, EV was a gigantic mess, and VD has patches bigger than most Vita games PLUS a patch specifically for multiplayer? Is there really an excuse for that?

Someone should have to answer for that, and Takaki, as the director, is the face of those series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he's the reincarnation of hitler, and you must take up your sword to purge this evil from the world. only you can do it, takoluka. go! save us!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I never got the Re;Birth 2 Conquest end, so I don't have the necessary sword. I'm sorry, Endorph... I've... failed... *grabs arm and falls to knee*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Even if VII is supposed to be nice, the dude with a stick up his rear end over SK being a Nep devotee is still funny.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

Even if VII is supposed to be nice, the dude with a stick up his rear end over SK being a Nep devotee is still funny.

It's not like I don't own the SK games and have EV on pre-order. I like the games. But it's not like I've ever championed Idea Factory/Compile Heart for their :effort: problems. They have their own issues. That doesn't really change the fact that SK has worse problems and that Marvelous JP is charging money for broken software. I don't think it's unreasonable to be irritated about that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is anyone planning to import Setsuna tomorrow? I'm not sure I'd get very far with a lack of the japanese language but the combat seems pretty neat (callback to chrono trigger like people keep saying).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Is anyone planning to import Setsuna tomorrow? I'm not sure I'd get very far with a lack of the japanese language but the combat seems pretty neat (callback to chrono trigger like people keep saying).
I don't think a JRPG is a really good choice for importing if you don't know japanese. Especially since the combat is mostly menu driven, meaning you have to be able to tell what skills do.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I managed a fair bit with an imported FF8 years ago, but I had a walkthrough telling me where to go and only a base knowledge of some letters. Mostly just wondering if anyone that knew japanese in this thread was going to pick it up.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The LE for Stranger of Sword City is up for preorder on Amazon Canada and VGP.ca, if anyone was looking for it. I don't think we usually get NISA LEs on Canadian retailers so that was a bit of a surprise.

Has anyone played it? I already have more unstarted dungeon crawlers than I need, but it looks really nice.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Armor-Piercing posted:

The LE for Stranger of Sword City is up for preorder on Amazon Canada and VGP.ca, if anyone was looking for it. I don't think we usually get NISA LEs on Canadian retailers so that was a bit of a surprise.

Has anyone played it? I already have more unstarted dungeon crawlers than I need, but it looks really nice.

Ask the Xbox One thread. They get it earlier.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pureauthor posted:

That would be because Tales of Hearts R is a good game.

Not to derail anything, but Tales of Hearts R is easily the most engrossing game I've played in a long time. I easily forget just how much I love the Tales of series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was sort of tempted to import Setsuna but honestly I'm going to wait for impressions. Nothing I've seen of it is a "I gotta play this nooooow" thing. I think are bare minimum it's gonna be disappointing for people who are expecting Chrono Trigger's second coming or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that while Tamsoft isn't the best, they've released a series of reliable games. What makes Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive so special that they're released in such incomplete states? They're not anymore complicated than Onechanbara or even Dream Club, and yet SK Burst ran like garbage, SV suffers from similar frame rate issues, EV was a gigantic mess, and VD has patches bigger than most Vita games PLUS a patch specifically for multiplayer? Is there really an excuse for that?

Someone should have to answer for that, and Takaki, as the director, is the face of those series.

Portrait of Girls had a budget of ten bucks and was more or less being held by bubble gum and good intentions. See, the game was done when Marvelous needed a game to fill their schedule and Takaki came with the idea on the spot. At first there were no intention for the game to be the start a franchise but then it became a surprise hit.

When Tamsoft was given a proper budget and a reasonable schedule, they made Deep Crimson that has none of the issues present on Burst and is quite frankly one of the best looking third party games in the system. However, the game didn't sold as well as they expected and more or less forced Marvelous to rush Estival before their fiscal year was done. Versus doesn't has any kind of excuse though.

Now, Bhikkhuni wasn't made by Tamsoft was made by Meteorise whom far as I know, their only proper console title was Bon Appetit and thus they needed to start everything from scratch. They were no doubt unable to fullfill the schedule and had to to use patches to finish the game.

Anyways, I got Bhikkhuni's theme and is pretty cute. But the thing I like the most is having this song as background music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdX5ORo75es

:allears:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

they made Deep Crimson that has none of the issues present on Burst and is quite frankly one of the best looking third party games in the system

I'm not sure you've played a lot of 3DS games, but I'll agree that it looks and plays a lot better than Burst. And looking at Meteorise's work library, at worst, they seem adequate enough, but that's why I was asking about QA.

Thanks for the info, though. Marvelous is kind of a dumb company.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I'm not sure you've played a lot of 3DS games, but I'll agree that it looks and plays a lot better than Burst. And looking at Meteorise's work library, at worst, they seem adequate enough, but that's why I was asking about QA.

Thanks for the info, though. Marvelous is kind of a dumb company.

I don`t think so. I think they are very good at stimulating sales by adding very large amounts of content that they know players will enjoy on their own or with friends and I really think they do what they can to meet their demographic`s rather hardened expectations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The game is indeed very slow paced and enemies rarely attack, I had to stand still in the middle of bunch of mooks for five seconds before one enemy finally decided to attack me, and even then, there's a green spark surrounding them just before they move, making incredibly easy to avoid the attacks.
That sounds like behavior you'd have on an introductory level or difficulty, which is why demos are usually poop for any game that takes a while to ramp up.

Not that I am gonna make any effort to find out if it improves later on.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Schrodingers cat posted:

I don`t think so. I think they are very good at stimulating sales by adding very large amounts of content that they know players will enjoy on their own or with friends and I really think they do what they can to meet their demographic`s rather hardened expectations.

But enough about Dead or Alive 5.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Saoshyant posted:

Why not just import one from Japan? I got a 64 gb for about $70 or so.

Heike
Dec 26, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

I pre-ordered it from Play-Asia, but I've got no indication of when they'll be shipping it or how long it'll take. The combat looks interesting and I've liked the music I've heard from it so far. The fact that people just keep selling it only as "come on, the battles are like Chrono Trigger, so it's probably cool!" makes me a little worried, but eh. When I do finally get it, I'll post my impressions.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Waltzing Along posted:

Why not just import one from Japan? I got a 64 gb for about $70 or so.
Yeah, i realize everyone's cash situation is different, but with just a little research it should become clear that the Vita is a 250$-300$ machine, depending on whether one likes to deal with the hassle of physical games or not.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

When Tamsoft was given a proper budget and a reasonable schedule, they made Deep Crimson that has none of the issues present on Burst and is quite frankly one of the best looking third party games in the system.

Man you should really play more 3DS games. Deep Crimson looks good for sure, but in terms of visuals pretty much all the Capcom titles are top-notch. The Level 5 games like Youkai Watch and Inazuma Eleven look really nice too IMO, vibrant colours and cohesive art styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

thorsilver posted:

Man you should really play more 3DS games. Deep Crimson looks good for sure, but in terms of visuals pretty much all the Capcom titles are top-notch. The Level 5 games like Youkai Watch and Inazuma Eleven look really nice too IMO, vibrant colours and cohesive art styles.

I'm not denying that though? I said Deep Crimson was one of the prettiest games in the system, not that it was THE prettiest one.

Anyways, Bhikkhuni also added its first paid DLC. A set of 68 accessories for the girls, taken straight from Bon Appetit :v:

The drat thing is so massive that after many tries I haven't been able to download all the stuff.