Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Help Im Alive posted:

I've relistened to a lot of the Horatio episodes too (especially the Tim Meadows one + whichever one it was with the electrician story)

The Chico Davis episode is peak Horatio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwIquUm9efQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

The one where Victor goes on a date while pretending to be the director of Birdman is also amazing

I wish there was video of Brendon Small doing those characters

I wish there was a video of the other guests reacting the first time he switches between them. You can usually hear them trying not to break in the background, but I want to see the confusion/delight for myself.

I've been rewatching a lot of Venture Brothers lately, and Brendon uses both Victor and Tiny's voices in the course of Season 2. The "Victor" voice got used a lot over the course of Home Movies so it wasn't particularly jarring at the time, but it's really weird to suddenly recognize "Tiny" in a show I've seen a dozen times or more since it first aired a decade ago.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

cams posted:

you're a dolt

wow. WOW

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Is that what youre all about? if youre all about it then tell me how it makes you feel

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Surprised with all the talk about best old episodes no one mentioned http://www.earwolf.com/episode/series-regulars/

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Trujillo posted:

Surprised with all the talk about best old episodes no one mentioned http://www.earwolf.com/episode/series-regulars/

Gimme that scooper

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Senator Giroux posted:

Gimme that scooper

I hate it here.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Cloks posted:

He does Victor on an episode of the TV show and it's pretty good.

I think this is a deleted scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFUGrZf8GA

He used that voice to great effect in what is perhaps my favorite show of the last decade or two, Home Movies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSvN8tp_bM "Well...you bring something, you bring something? No...." and "it says no eyes, and can't see, in parentheses"

The Berzerker posted:

I just listened to this tonight and it was probably my favorite episode I've ever heard. thanks
Ha, so awesome. I listened again too after mentioning it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

I've been rewatching a lot of Venture Brothers lately, and Brendon uses both Victor and Tiny's voices in the course of Season 2. The "Victor" voice got used a lot over the course of Home Movies so it wasn't particularly jarring at the time, but it's really weird to suddenly recognize "Tiny" in a show I've seen a dozen times or more since it first aired a decade ago.
oh my God, he's the 'robot heart' guy!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

VagueRant posted:

oh my God, he's the 'robot heart' guy!

And Swifty, the punch-drunk bodyguard of Jonas Venture, Sr.

"I used to be pretty, yeah, but not no mo' - Look at my nose!"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

JethroMcB posted:

oh gently caress goddammit

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

JethroMcB posted:

That was the first line I thought of when I heard a Tiny & Victor episode.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

cams posted:

i don't know if you're talking about the one with pft, james adomian, and adam scott (episode 80) where they run down all the business ventures that ice t has started, but each of the ones they mention is from a previous appearance. i believe they were call ins for the earliest ones, some on the show.

i had to fact check this on the cbb wiki, as it is legit hard to remember shows i listened to 6 years ago. but this can be helpful if you wanna get the full "canon" of ice t or other characters http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Ice-T

the cake boss series would probably be a very fun listen to go with in order

Episode 80 is also basically a dry run prequel for U talkin U2 because the first 15 minutes is Scott and Scott talking about seeing U2 as both young boys and te 360 tour.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

soggybagel posted:

Episode 80 is also basically a dry run prequel for U talkin U2 because the first 15 minutes is Scott and Scott talking about seeing U2 as both young boys and te 360 tour.

The first time I heard that episode I remember thinking "I could listen to those two guys talk about U2 all day, and I hate U2". Little did I know, years later, what would unfurl...

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Gilly! Rusty! PFT!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Shes definitely talking about Never Back Down, right? (I think Amber Heard got her part as the trophy)

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, that's the movie that came into my mind too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Never Back Down the MMA flick? Man that's one of my all time favourite bad movies, can't wait to listen to it!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"Get ready to choke down this hot Gos." - Ryan Gosling, on dates

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Paul Rust's laugh is simultaneously endearing and irritating :allears:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Get ready to choke down this hot Gos." - Ryan Gosling, on dates

Precisely where my mind went as well.

Good ep. Felt like an episode from a few years back for some reason. A little bogged down in continuity as per usual, but mostly just goofin' around. Scott felt particularly on point.

e: "That's what I'd call my kid if Kulap and I have one" :v:

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 15, 2016

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
PFT rocking a wild new look in the episode photos:

Also just saw on the Earwolf subreddit that Lauren Lapkus is getting divorced, bummer.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah, I saw that. Too bad for Lapkus.

I went back and watched PFT's first appearance as the Ghost of Richard Harrow on youtube. He puts it an amazing physical performance and it really is one of my favorite eps ever. Definitely worth a watch.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

Yeah, I saw that. Too bad for Lapkus.

I went back and watched PFT's first appearance as the Ghost of Richard Harrow on youtube. He puts it an amazing physical performance and it really is one of my favorite eps ever. Definitely worth a watch.

I just like how he remained in character throughout the Would You Rather theme.

GraPar posted:

Also just saw on the Earwolf subreddit that Lauren Lapkus is getting divorced, bummer.
This makes me sad but I don't know why I'm not surprised. Oh well, I wish her luck.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 16, 2016

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Attn: DC PEOPLE

Kroll & Mulaney announced a surprise show tomorrow at the Arlington Drafthouse.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

detectivemonkey posted:

Attn: DC PEOPLE

Kroll & Mulaney announced a surprise show tomorrow at the Arlington Drafthouse.

Dammit, i'd totally do that, but i'm busy :(

I got my ticket to the CBB show at the Lincoln theater in May, though!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
"How's Community doing? I've been gone for a year!"

Season 7 on Firefox!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

ArtVandelay posted:

Dammit, i'd totally do that, but i'm busy :(

I got my ticket to the CBB show at the Lincoln theater in May, though!

:respek:

Because Lapkus is there my husband is VERY happy to go.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

detectivemonkey posted:

:respek:

Because Lapkus is there my husband is VERY happy to go.

Careful now, she's back on the market. Though my friend had a theory based on her 'You Made it Weird' ep and thinks she might be a lesbian.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Really bummed the NYC tickets were so expensive. When they toured last time around tickets were $25, this time around they're $45. I wanted to go to multiple shows but drat I can't afford that!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Sounds like we should ask Scotty 2 Hotty how much money he makes

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Really bummed the NYC tickets were so expensive. When they toured last time around tickets were $25, this time around they're $45. I wanted to go to multiple shows but drat I can't afford that!

Yeah. I'd be a little hesitant too because last time no one booked really showed up. It was just Scott and PFT doing 3 or 4 characs. Which was all fine and dandy and fun but if'n I paid more for a show I'd want there to be more than those two on stage.

whydirt posted:

Sounds like we should ask Scotty 2 Hotty how much money he makes
It's funny because all the net worth sites (which are worthless I know but interesting) have him at $500k or just $44k. It's probably somewhere in-between.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Why is the NY show more expensive than others? Because they know it'll automatically sell out? My tickets for the Detroit show are only $29.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 16, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It probably differs by venue. This year it's at the Grammercy which is a higher profile venue, previously it was at Skirball Center which is a more student-centric venue so they probably charge a lot more.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Solo Bolo Trolo coming out soon (get your Hamilton knowledge ready)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Trujillo posted:

Why is the NY show more expensive than others? Because they know it'll automatically sell out? My tickets for the Detroit show are only $29.

I got two for the Chicago show for like $36 vOv

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Hamilton is the worst thing to have happened to podcasts

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Hamilton is the worst thing to have happened to podcasts

I love jimmy pardo but good god he could not make the songs sound one iota worse when he sings them on NNF

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Trujillo posted:

Is it the same venue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

solo bolo trolo baby

two comics gonna talk about hamilton for three hours, LOVE IT