Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, this is like one of those beginner's tutorials on Madden for teaching the player how to find open receivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If RG3 panics when his first read isn't open, why is he panicking on this play

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

he's dead inside, and full of existential fear

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

He is like David Carr in his late career and is seeing imaginary blitzing linebackers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

The problem of too many choices

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Buridan's rear end-quality QB

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I do that sometimes too. Like you wake up Sunday morning and there is all this good poo poo you could do, you have literally the entire day ahead of you. Maybe go outside and do some painting before lunch, maybe call a few friends up to play soccer for 45 seconds before everyone collapses and crawls to the beer cooler, then call up your dad and see if he wants to grab some dinner and catch up. Then suddenly the sun is going down and you are still making pots of coffee and you remember that you have no friends or interests and it's just like abluh a big dude is tackling me. I get you Robert.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Jerod Mayo is retiring at 29? Good for players realizing whats up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Have y'all seen the form letter the Panthers used to cut D. Williams? Phone posting but it's brutal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Have y'all seen the form letter the Panthers used to cut D. Williams? Phone posting but it's brutal.

DeAngelo Williams had REALLY worn out his welcome by the time he left, and has done nothing but bitch and complain about it since it happened.

Also quick sacrifice enough future cap space so we can actually field a team for Brees next year

quote:

Saints DE Cameron Jordan restructured his contract, converting his $6 million roster bonus into a signing bonus.

It's a procedural move for the Saints. Jordan isn't taking a pay cut, but GM Mickey Loomis is again enacting the "rob Peter to pay Paul strategy" to create cap room. By doing so, this allows the Saints to spread the $6 million hit over the final five years or Jordan's deal. Jordan was PFF's No. 2-ranked 4-3 end last season after registering 70 combined sacks, hits, and hurries.

now if we can just get a few late round fliers to turn into all pros we should be set.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

commy gun posted:

Jerod Mayo is retiring at 29? Good for players realizing whats up.

Three straight season ending injuries will do that. If I had to choose between taking a huge pay cut and almost certainly getting hurt again or retiring, I'd probably do the same.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

DeAngelo Williams had REALLY worn out his welcome by the time he left, and has done nothing but bitch and complain about it since it happened.

Can you blame him? Our form letters to the most hopeless applicant are more sensitive than that, and we have thousands of those a year.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Eifert Posting posted:

Can you blame him? Our form letters to the most hopeless applicant are more sensitive than that, and we have thousands of those a year.

Deangelo is a punk bitch that got fat and lazy when he got paid. Should've gotten a swift boot in the rear end before last year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And then... he proceeded to be pretty drat good outside of Carolina. Strange.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

AAA DOLFAN posted:

And then... he proceeded to be pretty drat good outside of Carolina. Strange.

He lost a lot of weight when he was cut and got back in shape.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah DeAngelo had gotten pretty comfortable under the Hurney regime and when Gettleman expected him to actually stay in shape and try hard in practice he became a diva about it.

He hadn't performed up to his contract in quite a while when they cut him. Glad he got it back together with the Steelers, i loved him as a Panther but he brought that on himself.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
DWill was a fantastic add for the Steelers, and as a fan I'm grateful to have him. Good person and good player

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Kirk Cousins contract negotiations broke down. RG3 back to being the starter.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol who hosed up harder here

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Hahahaha the Washington shitshow continues! I love it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Couldn't they tag Cousins?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Kirk Cousins contract negotiations broke down. RG3 back to being the starter.

There is a god and he hates Washington.

Beautiful

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It would be great to see Griffin go to the Broncos because watching a Ryan Leaf style death spiral out of Osweiler would be awesome

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/699993034004549632

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 24m24 minutes ago

It's not contentious between the Redskins and Kirk Cousins, not at all. There just will be no long-term deal now nor anytime soon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's going to be franchise tagged, there's no reason for any of these things to be reported beyond that.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Franchise tagging him is the move that makes more business sense. His numbers are going to regress next season and they'll have more leverage. He's still going to make $17-20 mil a year though.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
if the draft well his numbers could get better, it's not like he was a mere cog in a juggernaut offense

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If only I could have been a QB, the position where "don't be complete garbage" is the only prerequisite for an 8 figure salary

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

If only I could have been a QB, the position where "don't be complete garbage" is the only prerequisite for an 8 figure salary

Hell, like 4 games ever of not-complete garbage play is enough for unlimited job opportunities at millions a year. Brian Hoyer, Josh McCown, Derek Anderson, Tavaris Jackson and friends will never, ever go away.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Intruder posted:

No kidding, he's looking at what, almost 20 mil on a qb tag?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kalli posted:

Hell, like 4 games ever of not-complete garbage play is enough for unlimited job opportunities at millions a year. Brian Hoyer, Josh McCown, Derek Anderson, Tavaris Jackson and friends will never, ever go away.

how do you explain ryan lindley

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Raku posted:

one good game, or just being able to throw the ball far

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

*Colt McCoy sobs into his whiskey*

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You could get sucked into the Matt Moore paradox which is frankly even cooler. Hang around NFL training camp, collect 4-5 a year, joke with dumb rookies. The life.

Matt Flynn is the master of getting the most pay out of small samples though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
poo poo practice squad players make the league minimum right? What's that like 200k a year? Sign me the gently caress up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

Being able to take a snap without falling down and look sorta like a QB in practice will buy you a few years at < $1m

Ok Fella posted:

poo poo practice squad players make the league minimum right? What's that like 200k a year? Sign me the gently caress up.

Well, it's $6,300 a week during the season, but there's a ton of time limits and other weird things with it. Sometimes you get a trophy too. Minimum salary for a player on a roster was $435k for a rookie last year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e:f;b

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Luke McCown made over a million dollars last year and over $15m in his career.

LUKE MCCOWN

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm a fat unatlhletic nerd who would explode if touched aggressively by any type of pro footballer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm a fat unatlhletic nerd who would explode if touched aggressively by any type of pro footballer

Same, but I'm crazy overpaid to browse the internet all day and make fun of Luke McCown.

• Locked thread