Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

the omelette was the WORST mre thing ever. It was like a preserved tumor. Maybe its better warm but lol at cooking mres.

i cooked it once and then slid it behind my butt and pretended like i was pooping it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i cooked it once and then slid it behind my butt and pretended like i was pooping it out

:fap:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

SumYungGui posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you?

Obviously a lot. I enlisted.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
http://www.mreinfo.com/mres/mre-menus/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Cold weather MREs = best MREs

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
thank you i forgot about ravioli!

and

04 – Country Captain Chicken

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

04 – Country Captain Chicken

poo poo man are you trying to summon hags from the dead

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

poo poo man are you trying to summon hags from the dead

i'm out so I would have nothing but perverse joy if every meal was replaced with 04 – Country Captain Chicken

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
We didn't start getting those MRE heaters until 95-96.

We'd end up warming them on the stoves in the tents, leaving them near generators, or on the dashboards of cuc-v's.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not a vegetarian but a lot of the vegetarian meals ended up tasting "good". Cheese tortellini was good, penne pasta is one I'd eat even now and then every so often I'd get ahold of the magic combination; wheat bread and jalapeno cheese. Had to be wheat bread.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

My squad leader loving loved country captain chicken. He also had a serious problem with his rear end and would poo poo like a half dozen times per day, like during missions stop the convoy and poo poo, during literal firefights take cover, take a poo poo, etc.

I'm positive those were correlated with each other and also the half case of sugar free Rip-its he'd pound on the daily.

Also vegetable crackers in the ravioli MRE with jalapeno cheese sauce from something else was very much my poo poo, along with pretty much the entire chicken with noodles meal - you get cheese and crackers, candy, and an okay entree - outside of enchilada you'd be hard pressed to do any better.

Stanley Goodspeed fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 17, 2016

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
DUring predeployment training I got loving cheese and veggie omelette every loving day for two loving weeks.

Nobody ever trades when you have that poo poo.

Just drown the fucker in Tabasco so you can't taste it anymore.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Pesticide20 posted:

Cold weather MREs = best MREs

I didn't even know those were a loving thing until Drum was like three months in my rearview. How the gently caress are you gonna be a moose fart away from the most frozen, wind-blasted wasteland next to Wainwright and somehow never issue a goddamn cold weather MRE?

gently caress it, gonna go drink some more and pass out so I wake up in time for my class at noon.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

We were on some bullshit multiday mission walking through the mountains and got helicopter resupplied at night, and I got tapped to go get water and MREs for my team, was walking along a terrace and heading toward the LZ which under night vision looked like it was in a field of grass so I headed for it but it wasn't grass it was actually a field of really tall corn so I stepped out and face planted like six or eight feet down on the next terrace and broke my NODs and anyway this was also the only time I got stuck with the omelet meal and also got prickly heat on that mission and yeah that's my story.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

I didn't even know those were a loving thing until Drum was like three months in my rearview. How the gently caress are you gonna be a moose fart away from the most frozen, wind-blasted wasteland next to Wainwright and somehow never issue a goddamn cold weather MRE?

gently caress it, gonna go drink some more and pass out so I wake up in time for my class at noon.

For real. The first time I heard of them, I was wondering why the gently caress I didn't get any on any of the bullshit FTXs we went on out there.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

I only got my hands on some because there was a stockpile discovered in COP Kherwar when we tore the place down.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Chili Mac, and Buffalo Chicken. I'll fight everyone.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i use to get a sick pleasure out of eating that rubbery thing they claimed was an omelette, mainly because everything else in the bag loving owned. like who gives a poo poo just wolf down that loving placenta thing real quick and pound some water then you got some decent hashbrowns, a poptart, jam and crackers and some rock hard skittles

real talk best mre thing was wheat snack bread and jalapenos cheese gently caress you if you disagree

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

real talk best mre thing was wheat snack bread and jalapenos cheese gently caress you if you disagree

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Dehydrated peaches

:colbert:

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's
Cheese tortellini is the best because every side dish it comes with is totally edible. Raspberry applesauce, chocolate granola bar, Reese's Pieces, peanut butter and crackers. Amok excellent barter items for a better main dish if you don't feel like eating it all.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MrsAdiabatic posted:

Cheese tortellini is the best

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

MrsAdiabatic posted:

Cheese tortellini is the best

Yeah. I'd put chicken and dumplings in second place.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Carteret posted:

The shakes were real bad.

You shut your filthy mouth. Those things were awesome! (and 600 calories!)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There was a huge food poisoning scare with the shakes when I was at Benning, and we were made to throw them all away for like 6 months straight :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Icon Of Sin posted:

There was a huge food poisoning scare with the shakes when I was at Benning, and we were made to throw them all away for like 6 months straight :(

Yeah, I remember that. I completely ignored it.

Once, in Iraq, we were inspecting connexes of MRE's and had to throw away a few thousand cases in the desert. Cue me and my buddies opening a couple hundred MRE's to take out the candy and throw the rest away.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, I remember that. I completely ignored it.

Once, in Iraq, we were inspecting connexes of MRE's and had to throw away a few thousand cases in the desert. Cue me and my buddies opening a couple hundred MRE's to take out the candy and throw the rest away.

True story, I found out that I have bruxism by having my jaw hurt and be sore after eating a bag of skittles.

Also I actually had to live on MREs as a civilian because I had no money, so my dad hooked me up with food. He's awesome. So I went into basic knowing full and well which MREs to grab and trade.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
What happened to that kid that got stuck at Benning and was telling all of us about his favorite MREs and how he gets to live in a training bay by himself eating MREs all the time?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

What happened to that kid that got stuck at Benning and was telling all of us about his favorite MREs and how he gets to live in a training bay by himself eating MREs all the time?

was that regicide what happened to him

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

was that regicide what happened to him

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Lol, I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A VERY HOOAH DAY

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

My day isn't very hooah, but it is pretty chill.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm pretending not to be in the Army today.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretending not to be in the Army today.

Everyday

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think I left all my HOOAH in the shitter this morning, where it belongs.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I plan to go on a long bike ride, while ensuring that I follow the army core values and utilize LDRSHIP

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MurderBot posted:

I plan to go on a long bike ride, while ensuring that I follow the army core values and utilize LDRSHIP

You better be wearing the proper PPE hero

edit: Nevermind you said you were following the Army Values :smug:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
They got rid of Sloppy Joe and its nuclear farts. :negative:

Pesticide20 posted:

anansi. I think he just stopped posting or whatever after his poo poo got annoying and everyone told him to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

anansi. I think he just stopped posting or whatever after his poo poo got annoying and everyone told him to gently caress off.

pretty sure it was fake too

• Locked thread