Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Arrgytehpirate posted:

My problem with top is I don't like any of the champions. Teemo is fun I guess but the rest suck prolasped rear end

you can play literally any champ in the game as top. that's why it's the best lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

If you don't push the wave into turret at level 1 and watch the enemy laner try and last hit under turret while spamming dance as Singed you are doing it all wrong.

this isn't a good idea in every matchup but in the ones it is it's Mandatory

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a medical mystery posted:

run fast, spew icy farts, laugh and spam the mastery emote on CD

the ABF's of singed

Always
Be
Farting!!!!!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Realtalk though what should I look for in early ganks as a jungler? I look at the map every few seconds thanks to a couple dozen games of hearing MAP so I have decent awareness as this point.

ALSO, how do I teamfight? I always get so confused with everything going off and suddenly he's dead and welp there go two of my teammates who do I attackohgodimstunnendanddeadwhatisgoingonfuuuuuck

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Play a shitload of ARAMs to learn two skills: team fighting and getting contested CS

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
really enjoying elise, is she in a good place or will she be nerfed?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

She is incredibly OP and will always see-saw from OP to awful depending on how hard Riot decides to nerf her or completely rework her kit. Enjoy her while she lasts.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Realtalk though what should I look for in early ganks as a jungler? I look at the map every few seconds thanks to a couple dozen games of hearing MAP so I have decent awareness as this point.

ALSO, how do I teamfight? I always get so confused with everything going off and suddenly he's dead and welp there go two of my teammates who do I attackohgodimstunnendanddeadwhatisgoingonfuuuuuck

Play ARAM and understand what your job is, either to eat cooldowns or try and kill their tanks before they can kill yours

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Good place right now but you land cocoons and win the game or you miss cocoons and just stand around with your spider-dick in your spider-hands

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Runic Echos is getting nerfed and she got nerfed with Runic Echos in mind soooooo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just play support Elise where her high base damages turn her into a weird tanky Morgana.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Just play support Elise where her high base damages turn her into a weird tanky Morgana.

Do you know anything about the runes for this? I think maybe you would still want hybrid pen reds?

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Don't do this please.

I wish it still worked though. It was great back when she was more broken (extra armor from spiderform, better ratios, her crazy minion spiders), but now its pretty garbage since you can't just 1v1 their ad, while the enemy support tries to lock down yours.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

afaik it's mpen reds/armor yellows/cdr and magic resist blues and they're using move speed quints but that's just really popular in korea in general

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Lovechop posted:

you can play literally any champ in the game as top. that's why it's the best lane

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So udyr nerfs comin

"Udyr nerfs should be in for PBE tomorrow. Base Shield for turtle down 20 at max rank, phoenix proc damage down 20 at max ran"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

So udyr nerfs comin

"Udyr nerfs should be in for PBE tomorrow. Base Shield for turtle down 20 at max rank, phoenix proc damage down 20 at max ran"

Runic Echoes nerf coming with it according to reddit.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Runic Echoes nerf coming with it according to reddit.

Gonna get the 1-2-3 treatment for Udyr probably. Nerf his skills, nerf his items, maybe nerf his skin effects as well just to really gently caress him up.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
it seems so stupid to nerf udyr, he's only op because of all these dumb new items. if they nerf him and any of them change he's going to be pure garbage tier.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Libertine posted:

Gonna get the 1-2-3 treatment for Udyr probably. Nerf his skills, nerf his items, maybe nerf his skin effects as well just to really gently caress him up.

Runic Echoes was loving stupid on Udyr anyways, he'll be fine

and provided they never remove the Urf sound clipping on Spirit Guard Udyr, he'll truly be safe

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 17, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you wanna play support elise look here

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Udyr's win rate has been really good for a number of patches prior to runic echoes and nerfing someone with a 58% win rate is a p. good idea. His build/skill path is versatile, he will survive.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
They should just nerf his phoenix stance so that tiger becomes the go-to build path.

Why? Because tigers own.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lovechop posted:

it seems so stupid to nerf udyr, he's only op because of all these dumb new items. if they nerf him and any of them change he's going to be pure garbage tier.
This is always how Riot "balances" champions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Azzents posted:

They should just nerf his phoenix stance so that tiger becomes the go-to build path.

Why? Because tigers own.

I'm down with this. Tiger Udyr is way more fun anyway

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My bet is that Udyr ends up strong but the minor nerfs overall make people assume he's worthless and he drops in play for a while before some new OP item comes out and makes everyone realize he's strong again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

if you wanna play support elise look here

I hope some brave goon does this and reports back

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

So udyr nerfs comin

Sounds like a slap on the wrist, tbh

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
dirty dirty udyr players

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like no one would forget about udyr because trick2G is still a person that is alive

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh and I don't think I've ever actually stopped a skill with W on fiora.

lol @ this being a reason not to pick the best toplaner in the game

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

lol @ this being a reason not to pick the best toplaner in the game

Or finished an ult without dying basically i'm really bad

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

I hope some brave goon does this and reports back

I'll give it a shot tonight if I can get it through a draft without someone dodging.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Sorry you're bad. Just play Darius.

e: Are you still Bronze 4? You should learn the most basic champions first and then learn the rest of the game before trying to play anything else. Malphite, Darius, Garen for top lane, you need to learn better warding and map awareness, what other champions do, when to trade, how to farm, etc.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 17, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Arrgytehpirate posted:

it might be because you are not taking the correct runes/masteries. Take 12/0/18 and get the AS, lifesteal, feast, and 2.5% extra damage on slowed enemies in offense. In defense take regen, the shields/healing increased, tenacity, and Grasp of the Undying as your keystone. Start doran's blade, rush vamp scepter. Now you have absurd sustain.

Runes: AD reds, AD quints, armor yellows, mr blues. Max Q E W. (lifesteal quints are also acceptable alternative to flat AD)

Trading in lane: Look to hit the vital with Q, auto attack -> E for AA reset -> crit auto, back off. If they send a big return damage CC or spell, block with W. If they blow their mobility/safety R them and all in. Win the trade and sustain game and all-in them when they are low on health or mana.

You can build Fiora kind of tanky. Generally you want at least Black Cleaver and a Tiamat Item at the very least in terms of damage. Bloodthirster is absurd on Fiora but pricey. Deadman's plate is fantastic on her. Anything with AD + resists/health like Maw of Malmortious is good on her. You generally do not need crit or AS, just flat AD, CDR, Lifesteal and tank.

Some other good choices for toplane that are not too difficult to play/understand: Lissandra and Morgana are really good heavy CC and safe AP laners for top and excellent flex picks. Darius is simple and really good at abusing players that are bad at positioning well toplane. Xin Zhao is absurdly powerful right now and hard to gently caress up toplane.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 17, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I'll give it a shot tonight if I can get it through a draft without someone dodging.

:patriot:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Yeah I'm going to try it, too.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

note: support elise may or may not work without a challenger level korean ADC in your lane

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you can land cocoon I don't think your ADC needs to be particularly skilled to kill somebody who is stunned.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

:gitgud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Look for pushed lanes. Your holy grail of ganking is when the enemy is pushed all the way to your tower, and both champions are at mid-level health.

Also consider the mobility of the champion you are facing.

rabidsquid posted:

If you can land cocoon I don't think your ADC needs to be particularly skilled to kill somebody who is stunned.

whoah now, that's asking a lot

• Locked thread