Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think we all need a break from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mirificus posted:

Mine is broken :(

I'm sorry you had to read my post :saddowns:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Google Butt posted:

Fuzzknot is the sandi gardener of this thread

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Free :fuzzknot:

But on the thread subject of things, I wonder if CR drives past Frontier Developments slowly, glaring at the office building, imagining Braben's face, inventing some "I made you!" story in his head, then going back to CIG UK and writing a scene in SQ42 based on that.

It would be hilarious because i doubt CR has the talent to make it tongue-in-cheek enough to not come off as proverbial middle finger.

But its ok, because ED Has Crobbers the thief who wants to steal from everyone.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

yea free the sane poster constantly complaining about their boss, fawning over their boyfriend and threatening to kill the vp of marketing for a video game in the star citizen thread

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wafflz posted:

I'm sorry you had to read my post :saddowns:

I trawl the RSI forums :cool:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Well I am having fun :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSlX4ZA3GY

Think I am outgrowing Movie Maker though

i'm dead, killed by sound effect

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Google Butt posted:

yea free the sane poster constantly complaining about their boss, fawning over their boyfriend and threatening to kill the vp of marketing for a video game in the star citizen thread

You are a sad and bitter person. To the Stimpire with you.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

grimcreaper posted:

You are a sad and bitter person. To the Stimpire with you.

okay citizen

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think we all need a break from this thread.

no brakes on this thread commando

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yes, thank you.

So I guess I'll reiterate, why would a package split that has somewhat nominal value, a slight increase in backer numbers, no new ships...facilitate a triple in funding in one day?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

Well I constantly complain about my former investment, fawn over my :fuzzknot:, and threaten Derek Smart with a lovely video cameo in the star citizen thread.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, thank you.

So I guess I'll reiterate, why would a package split that has somewhat nominal value, a slight increase in backer numbers, no new ships...facilitate a triple in funding in one day?

I love to believe that the cultists are donating spite money in direct response to Derek Smart, and this thread. Keep donating guys - just gets funnier for us.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there anything actually funny to laugh about

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Bootcha posted:

Well I constantly complain about my former investment, fawn over my :fuzzknot:, and threaten Derek Smart with a lovely video cameo in the star citizen thread.

:iamafag:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

Here's something from the the SAS hockey thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjo3d3DXlQ

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Eonwe posted:

no something needs to happen again

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Eonwe posted:

no

mods, close the thread on pg 1999

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If it's this hard waiting for CIG to gently caress up again imagine the torment of having to wait for them to create the BDSSE

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Bootcha posted:

And that is why you wear a cup. That video made me cringe even though it wasnt a REALLY hard hit.. still though, ow.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

lol

Google Butt posted:

no something needs to happen again

:agreed:

Happy Sisyphus posted:

no

mods, close the thread on pg 1999

:yeah:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

I love to believe that the cultists are donating spite money in direct response to Derek Smart, and this thread. Keep donating guys - just gets funnier for us.

Point is Occam's Razor is dull trying to find the simplest explanation.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Bootcha posted:

But you wrote a very good goony guide on "How to get to Mother Goat" so its not all bad.

As for those who are sick of the thread SC couple fawnig over each other know that unless you are a Brony or Pegasister there is someone out there for you, you just have to find them.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Eonwe posted:

IMO you can be okay with fuzzknot being probated, but fuzzknot is part of this SA thread and :justpost:s and people should, IMO support that

:agreed:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

EightAce posted:

There is no sustainable business model.
The plan was to flip the whole thing and sell the entire lot to a big name publisher allowing certain people , lets call them majestic twelve to retire as millionaires.

[...]

There will be jail time and there will. most probably be deaths connected to this
Star Citizen: There Will Be Blood.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

We can't eat our own folks, do you really want to end up like the Second Stimpire?!

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Without any output from CIG goons only have themselves to destroy.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Inkel posted:

New article up on Gamespot with crobberts complaining that people don't understand game development and should stop expecting releases anytime soon. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-creator-wishes-hed-explained-games-de/1100-6434856/

Oh for fucks sake. Crobberts was promising a "basically done" Star Citizen at the end of 2014 back in 2013 and here we are in 2016 and there's still not even a game. There's not even a beta for Christs sake, they're still discussing basic game play mechanics and making ship models. This isn't a game getting "pushed back" this is a game that hasn't even started.

Also:

EightAce posted:

and there will. most probably be deaths connected to this

New thread title

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

aleksendr posted:

But you wrote a very good goony guide on "How to get to Mother Goat" so its not all bad.

As for those who are sick of the thread SC couple fawnig over each other know that unless you are a Brony or Pegasister there is someone out there for you, you just have to find them.

wtf is a pegasister... im too scared to google.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Star Citizen: There Will Be Blood.

Christ Roberts: I'll drink your milk shake

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Would we dare to lure Zealot here?
No.

SirPhoebos posted:

Someone make an edit of that painting of the Cossack soldiers :lol:ing while writing a letter to the Ottoman sultan.

Give me a link to said pic :)

Happy Sisyphus posted:

the world wasn't ready for the BDSSE but one day chris will return to deliver us unto the heavenly 'verse

e: i didn't photoshop it but something like this would be a good candidate for a poster who tries harder than me

I might give that one a go, I been trawling the interwebs looking for stuff to CIGify. That looks workable but I am pissing around with something else at the mo

ps: free :fuzzknot:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6372290/#Comment_6372290

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6372689/#Comment_6372689

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

We can't eat our own folks, do you really want to end up like the Second Stimpire?!

Eating a little bit of your own is nice seasoning.

It keep posting sharp and prevent discussions from turning into a circlejerking echo chamber but you have to show some restain before things go all Donner party.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nothing is there. Nothing at all!

That, however, doesn't mean it's lawless!!!1 :wtchris:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

i am generating content to help out the thread

e; it was garbage and the thread is back on course

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 18, 2016

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Galarox posted:

Give me a link to said pic :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

edit: pretty shameful of me not to quote the letter;

quote:

Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

--Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV

The Cossacks' reply came as a stream of invective and vulgar rhymes, parodying the Sultan's titles:

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, gently caress your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi Otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.

a whole buncha crows fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 17, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

But on the thread subject of things, I wonder if CR drives past Frontier Developments slowly, glaring at the office building, imagining Braben's face, inventing some "I made you!" story in his head, then going back to CIG UK and writing a scene in SQ42 based on that.

Crobye Westberts posted:

I feel like me and Braben might still have sex. Why? I made that nerd famous.

I was gonna make that better, but actually putting it together was so horrifying I decided to just leave it lovely.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bootcha posted:

Free :fuzzknot:

Calling it now, the Vanduul leader is going to be named Barbem.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Incidentally, I have been trawling through a load of RTV and 10FTC to get moneyshot facial screencaps of the Stimperor for my "work". The stuff Crobbers promises in the older 10FTC is mindblowing. Pick any one from 8+ months ago and skim watch it. It's unreal. Also the handwavism is highly entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

This man is just saying words. He has no idea what any of them means.

• Locked thread