Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EorayMel posted:

UGLY poo poo!

I will not go.

I honestly thought those were pubes for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

EorayMel posted:

UGLY poo poo!

I will not go.

Okay, I need help with this one. All I can see is Christmas tinsel.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Ramos posted:

Okay, I need help with this one. All I can see is Christmas tinsel.

Chicken and Dill in some kind of marinade before cooking??

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Could also be fennel.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scathach posted:

Cheese chat brings us to this:

Brighten up your post-apocalyptic future with cheese powder!

Also, every goon's dream:

If the apocalypse comes maybe I'll just eat the neighbors. The same company also makes honey powder but it looks much more delicious and would probably taste pretty good sprinkled on vanilla ice cream.

Or neighbors. Go on, tell the truth.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Derek of the Andes posted:

Chicken and Dill in some kind of marinade before cooking??

Actually, it's jellied eel.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EorayMel posted:

poo poo, the username should have tipped us off. :doink:

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

EorayMel posted:

Funny. that once it's explained you can actually recognise it.
Good Username/Post combo though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is by far the worst thing posted in this thread and I hate you from the bottom of my soul RareAcumen

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I love how there's a little strip of words describing uses for your 1.02 kilo tin of powdered butter.
Emergencies!
Everyday food!

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Wow! I love hotdish, but this a is whole other level. This is lime jello, marshmallow, tuna fish surprise. Make sure to include an entire brick of commodity cheese to ensure awfulness. Add additional canned tuna to taste. Don't forget frozen peas and the better part of a badger you found on the road.

mostlygray has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Feb 17, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Samizdata posted:

Or neighbors. Go on, tell the truth.

*sigh* okay, on the neighbors. Because seriously if we have an apocalypse I am not eating this poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Data Graham posted:

Would that this were true. When I left the west coast and moved to New York a few years ago I was introduced to the sight of people walking up to the Boar's Head deli counter at the supermarket ... and asking for half a pound of American cheese, sliced nice and thick.

That is not the same as cutting a hunk of Velveeta off the block and putting it on your sandwich.

There is an actual real cheese called American cheese. It is pretty much the same thing as cheddar, although a little more moist and a lot more bland.

Kraft singles and Velveeta are cheese food product. They are both made by Kraft, but the difference is that a block of Velveeta is made specifically as an ingredient for sauces and dips. By itself it has a strange, too-soft texture and is extremely salty.

E: also one small block of velveeta melted into a can of chili and poured over some kind of spicy Doritos is amazing

E2: One time I got some Velveeta singles which is a thing they started making at some point. They were bad unless you like your singles extra floppy and salty.

titties has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Feb 17, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hahaha holy poo poo someone made a chocolate burger. Not really AFP as such, but it's ludicrous enough.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Someone's makin' hot bread!

quote:

Today I did Hot Bread, great for dinner. You put water in the bottom, and then you put Roman Meal, so you get whole grains. Turn it on in the morning. By dinner time it's really hot and moist. I can get 2 meals of Hot Bread out of 1 loaf. (The second half is breakfast for tomorrow. Work fuel.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hot Bread? Roman Meal? Two meals out of one loaf? The hell is happening exactly?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Someone's makin' hot bread!

Seriously?

Microwaving soggy bread is it's own kind of food to some people?

:wtc:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Let me remind you that toast sandwiches are a thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Sure, but that's English cuisine which is basically a step up from eating boiled newspapers.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

*sigh* okay, on the neighbors. Because seriously if we have an apocalypse I am not eating this poo poo.

Beef Emergencies

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hot Bread? Roman Meal? Two meals out of one loaf? The hell is happening exactly?

Roman Meal is a brand of sliced white bread. It has whole grains!

That was from M R CRACKER, a gimmick account (owned by Drew from Toothpaste for Dinner) years ago that would occasionally post earnest-sounding stuff like this in sort of odd-sounding, simplistic English.

I assumed everyone remembered him :shrug:

Gridlocked posted:

Seriously?

Microwaving soggy bread is it's own kind of food to some people?

:wtc:

No, he said it went in a crock pot :chef:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Paladinus posted:

And that was for seriously poor people who had nothing but bread.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Bread soup is a real thing.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

RNG posted:

Looks loving awesome, but I haven't eaten anything except some mushroom soup and Boost in 24 hours so I think everything looks rad right now.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
On the topic of bread and British food, we've got brown bread ice cream.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Q: Honey what's for dinner?
A:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hackbunny posted:

A:

Chicken and grease?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Chicken and grease?

Possibly slow cooked meat with veggies from the crock pot.

So yeah, chicken and grease with water.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ramos posted:

Possibly slow cooked meat with veggies from the crock pot.

So yeah, chicken and grease with water.

There's no veggies on that plate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Honestly, it's pretty impressive with how much drab they got onto that plate. None more drab.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

hackbunny posted:

A:

With the two forks I thought it was pulled pork in the middle of being pulled.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

This is by far the worst thing posted in this thread and I hate you from the bottom of my soul RareAcumen

What? I'm just doing what the thread's for~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iHkqgKMBDc

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

If that's true then there's a good chance it is North Carolina styled pulled pork which I'd say is worse than just drab-shredded-chicken-fat-water. Have fun eating what is essentially pork textured vinegar suckers!

NC BBQ is OK, but really not my favorite

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

"I have to pull this chicken/pork, but I also need to get greasy water all over the loving place."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sanguinary Novel posted:

"I have to pull this chicken/pork, but I also need to get greasy water all over the loving place."

The plate was dry until they started pulling the chicken apart.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cash crab posted:

Beef Emergencies

That IS a beef emergency...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can someone post that picture of the sandwich that's like hundreds of slices of cheese?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

Beef Emergencies

Beef emergency? I got yer beef emergency right here!

E: wait wait I have more horrifying things

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Feb 18, 2016

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

RNG posted:

I had a time in my life when I was so broke I was living mostly off of stuff from the food bank and the dollar store, so old bread was common but I couldn't really afford anything to fill it with. So a common meal at the time was to fry some onions and garlic, add broth made from bouillon cubes, and then once it was all at a boil dump in a whole loaf of stale bread that had been shredded into tiny pieces along with whatever seasoning was handy. If I was lucky maybe crack in an egg or two.

Bread soup! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

I had a time in my life when I was so broke I was living mostly off of stuff from the food bank and the dollar store, so old bread was common but I couldn't really afford anything to fill it with. So a common meal at the time was to fry some onions and garlic, add broth made from bouillon cubes, and then once it was all at a boil dump in a whole loaf of stale bread that had been shredded into tiny pieces along with whatever seasoning was handy. If I was lucky maybe crack in an egg or two.

Bread soup! :toot:

That's just stuffing.

• Locked thread