Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

The biggest problems my team had to solve today were "all chrome or black with chrome highlights?" and "what side do I want at Popeye's?" Pretty good for a Monday. :slick:

are you an intern for pimp my ride or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Three weeks before I graduate, which means applications are going out loving fast starting tonight.

zeris, do you wanna start an ad agency? you can write copy and all the scripts

Yeah, okay, and yeah, I am down. What are you gonna pay me

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

are you an intern for pimp my ride or something?
Just going for a Mad Max theme on this project. It's gonna smoke the balls off every other team. :mediocre:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

Yeah, okay, and yeah, I am down. What are you gonna pay me

how does the occasional free potbelly's lunch sound?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

how does the occasional free potbelly's lunch sound?

let me check with my landlord

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

they said no

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

don't worry holly i know some good bridges you can live under

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

don't worry holly i know some good bridges you can live under

hey man thanks

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

The biggest problems my team had to solve today were "all chrome or black with chrome highlights?" and "what side do I want at Popeye's?" Pretty good for a Monday. :slick:
Ten minutes until my team's car smokes the balls off everyone else's. Get hype. :bustem:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
is this like a soapbox derby thing?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Mousetrap car racing. This is no contest, it's a slaughter. :rice:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm sure there won't be a dry pair of panties in the house when they're done pissing themselves laughing.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Left a patch of rubber on the start line. :smug:

That's not true.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
one of the things we have to do to graduate is complete an upper level writing requirement. This means we either have to publish a paper or write a publishable paper via a seminar course.

I'm taking a prison reform seminar this semester and I was able to tie in sovereign citizens well enough and get it approved as my topic so I'm going to write a 20-50 page research paper on these nutjobs that could end up in a law journal.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

A 22 year old vegan from Texas, living in a $2000 Manhattan studio apartment paid by parents, in my graduate writing program at an ivy league university, just tweeted:

quote:

When u gave up food delivery for Lent but then ur inside writing all day and it's raining.... IM SORRY!!!!!!

dis wut i fought war for

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I wanna see her writings

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

A 22 year old vegan from Texas, living in a $2000 Manhattan studio apartment paid by parents, in my graduate writing program at an ivy league university, just tweeted:

dis wut i fought war for

so brave

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wanna see her writings
It's all written in menstrual blood.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I assumed it was a dude.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Show me her tits

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mr. Nice! posted:

one of the things we have to do to graduate is complete an upper level writing requirement. This means we either have to publish a paper or write a publishable paper via a seminar course.

I'm taking a prison reform seminar this semester and I was able to tie in sovereign citizens well enough and get it approved as my topic so I'm going to write a 20-50 page research paper on these nutjobs that could end up in a law journal.

:munch:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

dis wut i fought war for

Sounds like they have it made. You should Talented Mr.Ripley them and then write a novel about it

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
I took summer classes every year in undergrad and my longest break was something like 10 days between semesters. I took a math class in my first summer which was a bummer so after that I switched my minor regularly so I could register for easy intro classes during the summer and skate through while stacking that sweet cash.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Skipped class to send out resumes and play Forza

:feelsgood:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Midterm due and final class of my grad career starts today. :derp:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Anybody used one of the paper writing services before? Actual decent classes I give a poo poo about I'd write them myself, but this English 101 bullshit (rhetorical analysis, WOO!) is going to make me lose my loving mind with how terrible and pedantic it is.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I wouldn't risk it. It's very likely there will be some plagiarism in it and if it's pushed through a review service aka TurnItIn you're hosed.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Anybody used one of the paper writing services before? Actual decent classes I give a poo poo about I'd write them myself, but this English 101 bullshit (rhetorical analysis, WOO!) is going to make me lose my loving mind with how terrible and pedantic it is.

Just do it yourself. Not worth getting busted for plagiarism.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I wouldn't risk it. It's very likely there will be some plagiarism in it and if it's pushed through a review service aka TurnItIn you're hosed.

That's actually a big part of why I was asking. I'm like 75% sure this professor is phoning this poo poo in and probably won't take the effort to scan all of the hardcopy-submitted papers to review services, but it's a stupid chance to take if there are no writing services that would actually give you whole cloth originals.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Got an 89.4 on my Earth Materials exam

drat it dude, just .1 of a point, don't be this way

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

That's actually a big part of why I was asking. I'm like 75% sure this professor is phoning this poo poo in and probably won't take the effort to scan all of the hardcopy-submitted papers to review services, but it's a stupid chance to take if there are no writing services that would actually give you whole cloth originals.

The risk/reward curve is way too skewed for it to be worth it. Just do the paper because if he is phoning it in he may just be scanning them in for review and then grading to see that it meets whatever checkbox criteria he has. Plagiarism is a good way to gently caress your school career.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
And if the guy has been reading your work, or will be, he might know that the paper isn't in your voice.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DownByTheWooter posted:

Got an 89.4 on my Earth Materials exam

drat it dude, just .1 of a point, don't be this way

That .1% was the extra heart you didn't put into studying.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

And if the guy has been reading your work, or will be, he might know that the paper isn't in your voice.

I had a girl in one of my introductory ArcGIS courses try to submit a mapping product that had clearly been done through a service rather than her own work. She got disappeared pretty quickly, actually I haven't seen her in my program at all since then come to think of it. Which is weird given the small size of my program.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just remember that while a crusty old professor might not scan it, they or the department might have TAs that do it. I wouldn't risk it, even for an intro class.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I can't believe "don't cheat in school, it's a bad idea" is something that still needs to be said to someone who can form complete sentences.

e: I mean, especially for an easy class where all you need to do to get a good grade is (A) properly format your paper with the teacher's name and date and page numbers and poo poo and (B) don't loving plagiarize. You loving idiot.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 17, 2016

App13
Dec 31, 2011

at the date posted:

I can't believe "don't cheat in school, it's a bad idea" is something that still needs to be said to someone who can form complete sentences.

e: I mean, especially for an easy class where all you need to do to get a good grade is (A) properly format your paper with the teacher's name and date and page numbers and poo poo and (B) don't loving plagiarize. You loving idiot.

I mean, my class was taught and aided in cheating for every exam in A-school and C-school, so you kind of get used to it. Not saying I've ever cheated in non-military school, but I could empathize.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Especially in a low level writing class one of the number one grading criteria is "is this thought original or at least presented originally?"

They don't care about the substance or subject. Can you write coherently and of your own creation is 99% of the question.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

App13 posted:

I mean, my class was taught and aided in cheating for every exam in A-school and C-school, so you kind of get used to it. Not saying I've ever cheated in non-military school, but I could empathize.

I'm obviously not saying it's fine to cheat on tests, but papers are a whole different thing. Stuff you write in college sticks around for decades and gets dug up and reread for a variety of reasons. I'm leaving aside the whole ethical issue since clearly that isn't a problem for this idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

at the date posted:

I'm obviously not saying it's fine to cheat on tests, but papers are a whole different thing. Stuff you write in college sticks around for decades and gets dug up and reread for a variety of reasons. I'm leaving aside the whole ethical issue since clearly that isn't a problem for this idiot.

nobody loving reads the poo poo you churn out as a undergrad.

• Locked thread