Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

ChrisBTY posted:

So I tried to get the key back for my copy of TEW 2013.
Me: Sorry, HDD got wiped, lost access to my ISP E-Mail. Need Key.
Them: Can you give us the info from the transaction.
Me: Ok (gives the information I used to buy the game, including the E-Mail).
Them: Ok, resent the receipt.
(no receipt).
Me: Did you...did you send it to the ISP E-mail I lost access to?
I see the E-License support guys are still as competent as they were eight years ago. The exchange I had with one of them, paraphrased:

Me: Hi. So, my laptop's HDD died all of a sudden and I can't access any data, now I can't install TEW 2007 on my other PC because I'm unable to deactivate the license from the laptop, could you help me with that?
Them: You need to deactivate the license on your old PC in order to use it on another. You should have done that before reinstalling the game on your other computer.
Me: :what: I just said I can't do that, I can't access any of the data on the laptop and didn't have time to deactivate the key.
Them: Well I can deactivate it for you this one time but you really should have done that yourself.
Me: :eng99:

That was fun. I'm still not buying another TEW until they stop using E-License.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

Big E. I'd have kept it, but as cool as Big E is in reality, he's unfun to play as in this game.

You can do his terrifyingly dangerous in real life spear-through-the-ropes spot, though.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
If, hypothetically, I was buying Darkest Dungeon and was going to make a party of the scummiest, most repugnant wrestlers of all time, who would need to be on the roster?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jenny Angel posted:

If, hypothetically, I was buying Darkest Dungeon and was going to make a party of the scummiest, most repugnant wrestlers of all time, who would need to be on the roster?

Is the thread about lovely wrestling people still around?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh daaaang thanks for reminding me about that thing! I'll take a look through archives for it.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

In VPW2 or No Mercy is there an option or hack to turn off the zooming camera when someone is entering a battle royal?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

All Ian Rottens.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

Jenny Angel posted:

Buck Zumhofe and Fritz Von Erich would be pretty high on the list.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Does anyone have any TEW 13 scenarios to recommend? I'm burnt out on my 1995 playthrough.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Does anyone have any TEW 13 scenarios to recommend? I'm burnt out on my 1995 playthrough.

The Ruthless Aggression 2004 scenario is pretty fantastic. The guy who made that mod has clearly put a ton of work into it, and it's got a level of polish that I haven't yet seen in another TEW 2013 mod.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

For those of us stubborn assholes waiting on 2k16's PC port, it was finally officially announced last night and will be out March 11 with all the DLC packed in. I am ashamed to admit I will buy it immediately.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CarlCX posted:

For those of us stubborn assholes waiting on 2k16's PC port, it was finally officially announced last night and will be out March 11 with all the DLC packed in. I am ashamed to admit I will buy it immediately.

$45

http://store.steampowered.com/app/385730?snr=1_41_4__42

I'm really tempted.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
2K16 is pretty cool, I'm liking it more than 15. I would hold off on the PC port until you see if it has ok performance though, last year ran like complete dogshit for me and my computer is decent.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
There's a 99% chance it'll run the same. In general it's a good idea to avoid obvious console port rushjobs unless you have a computer that can brute force through the horrible optimization.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

I finally managed to get the license for TEW 2013.
First thing I did was reinstall NWA vs. WWF 1996. (which is the mod our forum game is based on)
I also love Montreal Aftermath 97.
I love fixing dysfunctional companies (I play WWF in 96 and WCW in 97)

I was kinda sad because I flubbed up my edits to the world generation (I meant to give WCW a 2 hour Nitro because a 1 hour Nitro meant they never used half their guys). When I restarted basically every young talent in the WWF had shittier destiny rolls than the game I abandoned (the game seriously had Bradshaw pegged as a Next Big Thing). Of course then I realized I was absolved of the burden of giving a drat about any of them. I am going to jettison pretty much the entire 96 WWF midcard out of the airlock once I'm done.

And now I have D'Lo and RVD as my NBTs. (Not Jericho or Eddy or Rey though, which is slightly worrying ~ but not too worrying, NBTs are slightly overrated).

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 17, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Green Man Gaming has a 20% off February code that works for all digital downloads, so you can get it for $36 if you apply the voucher code FEBURY-SVINGS-20PERC.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/wwe-2k16-na/

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 17, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I really hope it has custom music. Last gen got it back this year, there is no reason the pc version couldn't have it but laziness. I really don't want to have to resort to workarounds.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

AlmightyPants posted:

Name?

Also, LLJK will have 1 or 2 spots open.

You can take me out of the team, too. Finally decided I've had enough of Supercard :rip:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

remusclaw posted:

I really hope it has custom music. Last gen got it back this year, there is no reason the pc version couldn't have it but laziness. I really don't want to have to resort to workarounds.

"Custom music" on PC is like the world's easiest workaround though?

Also cool is that there's no asterisk after "DLC" so we won't have to wait like three weeks for the DLC this time.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

pc already has the best wrestling game, modded versions of no mercy

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Lady Naga posted:

"Custom music" on PC is like the world's easiest workaround though?

Was it? Last I checked you had to use a tool to substitute the music you want to use over songs that are already in the game. It was kind of a pain in the rear end since you couldn't name the tracks

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I just bought it for XBone last week.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

pc already has the best wrestling game, modded versions of no mercy

I can get a mod to work once. Then it breaks.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

cyberia posted:

You can take me out of the team, too. Finally decided I've had enough of Supercard :rip:

I think this weekend's even requires a minimum team size of 8 so I'm not gonna kick anyone till we get replacements.

Also I think you guys can leave if you want. But Supercard team LLJK has room for 1-2 others if anyone else out there wants to play a bad game with other people.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

2K16 is pretty cool, I'm liking it more than 15. I would hold off on the PC port until you see if it has ok performance though, last year ran like complete dogshit for me and my computer is decent.

Mine does 60fps at 2560x1440, but once in a while the engine inexplicably grinds to a halt in the middle of a match for 10 seconds.

:suicide: I also just bought this for PS3. Also, how is all the DLC gonna be available by March 11? Isn't there one more DLC coming at the end of March? Oh well, at least I'll be able to switch out Flair and DDP's awful themes.

In my 2k16 universe Stunning Steve just beat Sting for the big gold belt, then cashed in Money in the Bank and beat Rollins for the WWE title. This game is so much better than 2k15 by virtue of having a huge roster and custom arenas back in.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

triplexpac posted:

Was it? Last I checked you had to use a tool to substitute the music you want to use over songs that are already in the game. It was kind of a pain in the rear end since you couldn't name the tracks

https://www.foobar2000.org/

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah there's an app that manages it, but you're limited to replacing actual songs in the game. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions let you use music on your device for CAWs though, so I wonder if that code made it to the PC port.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

1st AD posted:

Yeah there's an app that manages it, but you're limited to replacing actual songs in the game. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions let you use music on your device for CAWs though, so I wonder if that code made it to the PC port.

Even if it was it'd be unusable considering they're completely different architectures.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 18, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
How do people handle playing smaller companies in TEW? Do you run storylines or no? How many events do you run a month?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Do you run storylines or no?

I don't do storylines but I don't usually play entertainment based promotions.

quote:

How many events do you run a month?

It depends, once I can consistently draw 2000 to a show then I move up to doing two a month. It's also all about being self-sufficient, once you start equalling your sponsor money then you can take a punt on two shows. Another option is to be part of an alliance that pools finances together, they can be massive for expanding.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1st AD posted:

Mine does 60fps at 2560x1440, but once in a while the engine inexplicably grinds to a halt in the middle of a match for 10 seconds.

:suicide: I also just bought this for PS3. Also, how is all the DLC gonna be available by March 11? Isn't there one more DLC coming at the end of March?

Nope, the HOF Showcase coming out Tuesday is the last one.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

pretty sure the market for a WWE Audio Guy game where you try to time the correct entrance music to run-ins is nonexistent

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tonfa posted:

pretty sure the market for a WWE Audio Guy game where you try to time the correct entrance music to run-ins is nonexistent

You must suffer from some horribly crippling arthritis to not be able to press a button during a runin.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lady Naga posted:

You must suffer from some horribly crippling arthritis to not be able to press a button during a runin.

You're just being a pedant now but surely you can recognize the difference between "oh poo poo it's the rainmaker theme " and "oh it's okada, lemme tab out and put his music on"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Why don't you just press mute and hum the theme yourself

- Lady Naga

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Also if you don't like the submission mechanics just tab over to Fire Pro and do the match there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
If I'm losing a showcase match, maybe I'll just tab over to the Network and hit play on that match video

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Last TEW16 update of the week reveals that in addition to weight classes, workers will also have body types. Changing them has subtle stat effects the same way changing weight class does - going from skinny to ripped, for example, might boost star power a bit but pull down stamina, etc.

It's pretty entertaining how salty some of his updates are

quote:

This feature is primarily because there simply aren't enough petty arguments when making mods and I think a spirited fifteen page debate over whether Bull Dempsey is flabby or bulky will raise the level of discourse on the various forums immeasurably. (NB: If you are reading this paragraph over at the EWB forums, please replace the words "Bull Dempsey" with "Neville", and "flabby or bulky" with "bulky or obese".)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Going to make Neville obese in my modern day mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha in TEW16 dudes can sue you now if you fire them over little stuff like farting backstage.