Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Mirificus posted:

Quote is not edit. Please pretend I posted a screenshot here.

Just turn it into a Premium account required to view this content joke and it'll fit right in :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

she's that into ben?

is he really good in bed or something?

I would rather endure the painful truths of the fourth stimpire than even think about that.

Now I'm thinking about the logistics of him cracking one off with those comically tiny arms ....

You have now ruined my day , thanks for that.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Happy Sisyphus posted:

she's that into ben?

codependent fattening is a hell of a thing

"at least I'm not as bad as he is" combined with "well he's having it, I may as well have some too"

it's a horrible downward spiral for both of them, exacerbated by how exponentially globular ben is getting

i've read enough diabetic horror stories to know where this ends and it's more :smith: than anything

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EightAce posted:

I would rather endure the painful truths of the fourth stimpire than even think about that.

Now I'm thinking about the logistics of him cracking one off with those comically tiny arms ....

well he can't reach and he's deffo not got any stamina, so...

i'll just not continue that thought

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

EightAce posted:

Tthere will. most probably be deaths connected to this

It'll be ok - they probated Fuzzknot just in time!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

codependent fattening is a hell of a thing

"at least I'm not as bad as he is" combined with "well he's having it, I may as well have some too"

it's a horrible downward spiral for both of them, exacerbated by how exponentially globular ben is getting

i've read enough diabetic horror stories to know where this ends and it's more :smith: than anything

self-inflicted stimpire best stimpire

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Calling it now, the Vanduul leader is going to be named Barbem.

SQ42 spoiler

Cambridge get's virus bombed by the Vanduul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_d8UA3jbt0&t=52s

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

Quote is not edit. Please pretend I posted a screenshot here.

That was a really funny screenshot.

EightAce posted:

Stare adoringly at Ben. Stare vacantly into the camera. Stare wolfishly at pizza boxes. Stare apprehensivly at all the nerdy sci fi poo poo.

Sounds like there's at least some tiny sliver of sanity in it all, then.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 17, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Sisyphus posted:

she's that into ben?

This is pre-alpha, docking hasn't been implemented yet.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

:vince:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EightAce posted:

You are very welcome.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I really want to give Derek the edit of the Master painting from Manos, but I'm afraid he'll just think it's a troll and replace it.

something something notice me Derek-senpai.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

At this point all she has are dreams of how great it will be.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

What is this from?

I also need to know this.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

AP posted:

SQ42 spoiler

that's where sandi got one of her degrees right?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

AP posted:

SQ42 spoiler

Ohh yes, because CIG has show a great expertise at integrating middleware produced by 3rd party in their products so far...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Breaking up is hard to do...

So the BBC helped them scam another 500K or so. Worst thing they've done since jimmy savile

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Docking or space docking?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Berious posted:

So the BBC helped them scam another 500K or so. Worst thing they've done since jimmy savile

I wonder how much it cost them to air such a positive show on them :)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I remember in the GW Death Thread someone posted transcripts of the GW-Chapterhouse and one part that stood out for me was that an actual Warhammer 40K game was played as part of the trial proceedings.

So whether or not Chris-R survives Space Court, at some point a judge or a jury of 12 is going to have to play Star Citizen. And I find that weirdly amusing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

EightAce posted:

I don't mean jail time about this being a scam, It isn't a scam at all. But there will be jail time .
I have mentioned before that there are some genuinely terrifying people involved in this , some of the fans are batshit insane, not internet warriors but genuine physcos who have already offered to 'hurt' people that question the vision too vocally.
For all the sinister bunny ear idiots and guys dress like ISIS fighters there are eastern European guys with Star citizen tattoos, German bikers , guys in the Military from the Balkans all sorts of whack jobs
:wtc:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, thank you.

So I guess I'll reiterate, why would a package split that has somewhat nominal value, a slight increase in backer numbers, no new ships...facilitate a triple in funding in one day?
If you are talking about the big spike that occurred right before and including the 14th, I assume that mega-whales are so conditioned to respond to 'last chance!' pitches that they actually bought ships even though they had SC already. It's kind of stupid but that's what I was assuming.

I'm expect Sandi prevails and gets the funding tracker pulled from view within the next few months.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Iglocska posted:

Docking or space docking?

Zero G would no doubt make things easier.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
What a productive day

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/463zv6/meta_discussion_2k16_edition/d03j1tf?context=3

Thank you whoever this is :v:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

I wonder how much it cost them to air such a positive show on them :)

I bet friendly BBC coverage is part of the UK's move-your-dev-house-to-us deal

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Do you have a link to that dive bomber sound effect?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I tried to make a chill jazzy theme for the Chilldankli, but then it went all Stimpire in the end

it is a good jazzcat theme

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

G0RF posted:

If you are talking about the big spike that occurred right before and including the 14th, I assume that mega-whales are so conditioned to respond to 'last chance!' pitches that they actually bought ships even though they had SC already. It's kind of stupid but that's what I was assuming.

I'm expect Sandi prevails and gets the funding tracker pulled from view within the next few months.

Trained whales are the best kind. I remember we had a few of those those in Age of Wushu, buying everything that came out in the cash shop right after patch, wether it was good or fitted with their character build or not.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

I bet friendly BBC coverage is part of the UK's move-your-dev-house-to-us deal

Glorius choice then, all hail the peror!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

The thing about the BBC is they really like the 1984 Elite, the game made famous on the BBC micro computer and with a couple of English guys who fit the nerd profile and went to Jesus College, Cambridge. It's like Alan Turing and the Enigma machine or Tim Berners-Lee, adds a bit of spice to the boring computer game made for idiots piece. There's nothing the BBC likes more than talking about how clever we are.

However the BBC is meant to be impartial so covering Star Citizen which is part made in Manchester nicely demonstrates that. If Star Citizen tanks as expected though, they'll really go after it I think with Watchdog which will then let them talk about Elite again.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

The thing about the BBC is they really like the 1984 Elite, the game made famous on the BBC micro computer and with a couple of English guys who fit the nerd profile and went to Jesus College, Cambridge. It's like Alan Turing and the Enigma machine or Tim Berners-Lee, adds a bit of spice to the boring computer game made for idiots piece. There's nothing the BBC likes more than talking about how clever we are.

However the BBC is meant to be impartial so covering Star Citizen which is part made in Manchester nicely demonstrates that. If Star Citizen tanks as expected though, they'll really go after it I think with Watchdog which will then let them talk about Elite again.

Well maybe you shouldn't have gone all Stimpire on Turing then :colbert:

Edit: this sounded a lot more bitchy than intended. I just got sad reading about Turing is all :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Do you have a link to that dive bomber sound effect?

I yoinked it from here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMZrW0p2INY

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
"I'm planning on letting ben sit on it later."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Erenthal posted:

This man is just saying words. He has no idea what any of them means.

Trying to make conversation with shitizens was always so annoying. None of them knows how computers work, they just know what the game they want to play does.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Well maybe you shouldn't have gone all Stimpire on Turing then :colbert:

Edit: this sounded a lot more bitchy than intended. I just got sad reading about Turing is all :(

Yeah, there's a street named after him in Manchester, he's a hero now.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

SQ42 spoiler

So, a Cambridge-educated physicist, mathematician, and computer scientist walk into an interview...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 2, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
EightAce how british are you on a scale from zero to this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayeMqizulX0

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

imo Star Citizen AI should have dynamic goals that all involve griefing B'Tak somehow. Hopefully Chrobert has had Gary Oldman mocap teabagging.

Pururun
Apr 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

What is this from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSMjM1e-G24

I used to watch daytime soap operas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

G0RF posted:

So, a Cambridge-educated physicist, mathematician, and computer scientist walk into an interview...

Sandi is the punchline.

wow you forgot to mention her business acumen, off to the worst kind of electricity torture chamber with you!

• Locked thread