Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chairman Wao posted:

wow you forgot to mention her business acumen, off to the worst kind of electricity torture chamber with you!

So… like a quaint little café with slightly lazy and charmingly incompetent serving girls, who nevertheless somehow always keep you coming back because of the ridiculously low prices and the amazing cinnamon buns?

Oh, and yay, page 1976 — best page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

somehow always keep you coming back because of the ridiculously low prices

This definitely isn't the right thread for this kind of talk.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Pururun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSMjM1e-G24

I used to watch daytime soap operas.

what a scam that gif is different! :(

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Google Butt posted:

Fuzzknot is the sandi gardener of this thread

nah. i mean, just because her significant other is a vip around these parts doesn't give you the right to make those comparisons. hell, all her friends like her. and every single other person who just wants to laugh at star citizen has to scroll past her self-absorbed posts that occasionally dip into scary, legitimate lunacy and holy loving poo poo she's the sandi gardner of this thread

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Marching Powder posted:

nah. i mean, just because her significant other is a vip around these parts doesn't give you the right to make those comparisons. hell, all her friends like her. and every single other person who just wants to laugh at star citizen has to scroll past her self-absorbed posts that occasionally dip into scary, legitimate lunacy and holy loving poo poo she's the sandi gardner of this thread

what is the man doing in your av?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Chairman Wao posted:

wow you forgot to mention her business acumen, off to the worst kind of electricity torture chamber with you!

This was a legit unironic reason for a probation in an old thread. Please come forward if its on your rap sheet

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Didn't Chris promise Star Citizen would release on page 2014?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Iglocska posted:

This definitely isn't the right thread for this kind of talk.

What on earth should we talk about then?! Space Citizen? Don't be silly.
And anyway, if you can come up with a worse attempt at an electricity torture chamber, then go ahead and present it. :colbert:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

were you around when we were joking about the swedish mafia? because that wasn't really a joke

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
If Austin wasn't soo drat far away from Fort Worth, I'd take Bootcha and :fuzzknot: out for a drink or two.

At least Dallas is closer, I could meet up with friend :eonwe: for some.

:effort:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

EightAce how british are you on a scale from zero to this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayeMqizulX0

I think that guy is Australian, or maybe a British guy doing an Australian accent? :shrug:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got bored of classic art. Have a movie poster:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, thank you.

So I guess I'll reiterate, why would a package split that has somewhat nominal value, a slight increase in backer numbers, no new ships...facilitate a triple in funding in one day?

They also had one last set of discounted packages available to backers only that must have been snapped up by the faithful. Every extra game package is a customizable NPC for your main to hire & I'm sure the Javelineers don't want to crew their barges with riffraff they'd actually have to give credits to when they can buy enough game packages to re-enact the bridge of the Executor from ROTJ, replete with customized faces & elaborate written histories.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
remember how the swedish mafia thing started? some guy tweeted derek about how he's looking in the wrong place, making oblique references to the Brödraskapet or something and literally all of his other tweets were about horse-betting. It was really kind of creepy. I wish I had screen-capped it.

edit: and gizmondo, I'm pretty sure he drew some connections between Star Citizen and gizmondo.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 17, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Galarox posted:

holy poo poo

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Pox. Wrong space ship thread!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wulfling posted:

If Austin wasn't soo drat far away from Fort Worth, I'd take Bootcha and :fuzzknot: out for a drink or two.

At least Dallas is closer, I could meet up with friend :eonwe: for some.

:effort:

I live disturbingly close to Derek. I'd take him out for a beer, but tbh if I was him I probably wouldn't go outside that often. Too many unhinged Star Citizen fanatics who want to give him the ol' JFK, and too many weirdo goons who want to take a plaster cast of his face for their Derek Smart halloween costumes.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

runsamok posted:

They also had one last set of discounted packages available to backers only that must have been snapped up by the faithful. Every extra game package is a customizable NPC for your main to hire & I'm sure the Javelineers don't want to crew their barges with riffraff they'd actually have to give credits to when they can buy enough game packages to re-enact the bridge of the Executor from ROTJ, replete with customized faces & elaborate written histories.

I used to write out little biographies for my bridge crew in ST:O :c

Then I played it on release.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

I live disturbingly close to Derek. I'd take him out for a beer, but tbh if I was him I probably wouldn't go outside that often. Too many unhinged Star Citizen fanatics who want to give him the ol' JFK, and too many weirdo goons who want to take a plaster cast of his face for their Derek Smart halloween costumes.

This is why I'm glad I'm a nobody who just lurks. I'm not some big name celebrity like you or :pgabz: or the rest, and have to worry about getting shanked for admitting who I was in public.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 8, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

I yoinked it from here:

Maybe Toops can use it for Star Plebeian too

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

EightAce posted:

I would rather endure the painful truths of the fourth stimpire than even think about that.

Now I'm thinking about the logistics of him cracking one off with those comically tiny arms ....

You have now ruined my day , thanks for that.

I could write something simple that would make the 4th Stimpire stuff seem like Candy Land.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

Imma let you finish but fuzzknot...

OK here's my two UEE credits on this drama (as someone who reads every post in the thread and compulsively F5s to check for new posts):

fuzzknot is probably a nice enough person. The problem is she talks about her boyfriend constantly. Taking part in every single activity your significant other is interested in strikes me as somewhat obsessive, and rather unhealthy. Just because your boyfriend is a goon who posts in this thread does not mean that you have to be a goon who posts in this thread.

Also, she somehow feels like she's a moderator. She comments when the thread takes a "dark turn" and then posts crochet recipes or whatever to get it "back on track." Yet if she decides to talk at length about hating (and killing) "that oval office Sandi" that's perfectly fine. Double standard?

Finally, the fact that she's a FEMALE results in inevitable White Knighting. Yeah, we're a step up from the human trash in the RSI forums, but we're probably mostly overweight nerdy dudes talking about video games obsessively on the Internet. It doesn't matter to some guys here that she has a boyfriend. They'll continue to be conspicuously nice to her and cater to her wishes because "hey, she has a goon boyfriend who posts in this thread - that could be me!"

Too much drama. The timeout is a good idea IMO.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Things need to be managed so people with money can't influence the game too much

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Galarox posted:

wow lmfao

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

take a plaster cast of his face

face yes correct

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

runsamok posted:

Some people play Star-Trek online exactly for that. You can usually spot them miles away on the ground combat map, one burly male captain with broad shoulders in tacticool armor surounded by 4 amazonian breasts on sticks barbie doll in mini skirts playng away team.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Kakarot posted:

This was a legit unironic reason for a probation in an old thread. Please come forward if its on your rap sheet

I'm new to posting in SC threads, just been reading this one for awhile.

I usually make fun of the Xbox One, but this is even better because at least the Xbox One exists.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Galarox posted:

:eyepop:

Lowtax we need a new front page

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Am I right in assuming that none of those reasons have any basis in reality or in any kind of planning or design documents (except maybe the first one in the most oblique sense, since something that doesn't exist has indeed not been balanced yet)?

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Galarox posted:

Seemingly there is no reason for these extraordinary intergalactical upsets.

Only Doctor Derek Smart, formerly at 3000AD, has provided any explanation.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
you guys are making it really hard to enjoy the thread with all the real goon drama can we all just move on now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this thread has been pretty poo poo, and not in the normal good way

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

this thread has been pretty poo poo, and not in the normal good way

http://i.imgur.com/IlUGdCJ.gifv

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I vote locking it until CIG does something dumb

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wulfling posted:

This is why I'm glad I'm a nobody who just lurks. I'm not some big name celebrity like you or :pgabz: or the rest, and have to worry about getting shanked for admitting who I was in public.

Hey man, I'm with you, the Citizens don't give a poo poo about me!

:pgabz:, Beer, and Derek are hosed though. I'm sure the Citizenstaffel hit teams are already out on the streets looking for them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nation posted:

you guys are making it really hard to enjoy the thread with all the real goon drama can we all just move on now

We might need an E/N thread just to blow off steam

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

revmoo posted:

I vote locking it until CIG does something dumb

Sssso, a few days?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Ezekeel posted:

Seemingly there is no reason for these extraordinary intergalactical upsets.

Only Doctor Derek Smart, formerly at 3000AD, has provided any explanation.

But he's a busy man. I envisioned him sitting in a stark FBI office in earnest conversation with some buzz cut suits while his faithful hound 'legal' knaws contentedly on a bone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Around the Verse is tomorrow.

• Locked thread