Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

wattershed posted:

https://www.generosity.com/memorial-fundraising/tony-gwynn-museum--2

$100 donation gets you early access to all 2016 AleSmith special releases. Their IG seemed to indicate proxies would still be a thing so maybe something worth looking into.

That's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Was all the GI Coffee bad? Was there a list of which bottle dates/times are probably infected? Is anyone looking for 1 of them?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

yes, no, probably

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Confirmed my tickets for Cycle BA Day.. who else will I see there and/or Huna Day?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I didn't want to get to cycle at 8am today to buy tickets and didn't feel like taking off that friday anyway. I'll be at huna day for sure.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Confirmed my tickets for Cycle BA Day.. who else will I see there and/or Huna Day?

I was gonna go then I got a new job that starts TBBW so not so much

at least I didn't need to drive over the bay today! I'll be at huna day, hangover day, and probably brewer's ball though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
FYI for anyone who doesn't really know about this sorta thing but Cycle was supposed to sell tickets for BA day at 3pm today but since so many people got in line at like 8am, they opened up early and sold out in roughly an hour and a half. In a way that kinda expedited the process since anyone who showed up after 12:30 wasn't going to get a ticket even if they opened up at 3pm, but really with this and the &+ release it just sets the requirement to show up incredibly early.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 16, 2016

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

wattershed posted:

https://www.generosity.com/memorial-fundraising/tony-gwynn-museum--2

$100 donation gets you early access to all 2016 AleSmith special releases. Their IG seemed to indicate proxies would still be a thing so maybe something worth looking into.

That AleSmith package is already sold out.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

That AleSmith package is already sold out.

$100 AleSmith Priority Package
Fans of AleSmith beers have the opportunity to be first in line, literally and figuratively, for every specialty release in 2016. This perk will allow recipients to purchase specialty beers online a day before the public AND pick up those beers at AleSmith’s Tasting Room one day ahead of the public.
102 out of 100 claimed

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Spanish Manlove posted:

FYI for anyone who doesn't really know about this sorta thing but Cycle was supposed to sell tickets for BA day at 3pm today but since so many people got in line at like 8am, they opened up early and sold out in roughly an hour and a half. In a way that kinda expedited the process since anyone who showed up after 12:30 wasn't going to get a ticket even if they opened up at 3pm, but really with this and the &+ release it just sets the requirement to show up incredibly early.

I actually don't mind this practice and wish other breweries would catch on and do something similar. Regardless of when the beer was announced to go on sale, if you're open and there is a line that meets or exceeds the amount of beer you're selling then just start selling it early. Seems to make sense.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
http://beerstreetjournal.com/artisanal-brewing-ventures/

quote:

Victory Brewing (Downingtown, PA) and Southern Tier Brewing (Lakewood, NY) have united under a new holding company – Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV). This new partnership marks the first major brewery financial transaction of 2016.

As Artisanal Brewing Ventures, both Victory Brewing and Southern Tier will independently operate their breweries, which in whole, constitutes 800,000 barrels in potential annual production. The alliance would rank in the top 15 craft brewing companies in the United States.

The leadership teams, and employees will remain in tact across both companies.

“Having gotten to know Phin, John and the whole management team, I am more excited than ever about the innovations that lie in our collective futures. One walk through their brewery and I knew that Southern Tier had the same belief in quality and excellence that has driven our culture for 20 years,” explains Ron Barchet, COO of Victory Brewing Company”

Bill Covaleski and Ron Barchet of Victory will be significant shareholders in ABV, and join the Board of Directors. CEO John Coleman and CFO Bill Wild will lead ABV’s management team. The transaction is expected to close in the next 60 days; the final amount of it was not disclosed.

Stuff like this always give me a bit of pause, but I suppose it's better than either brewery being gobbled up by InBev or something.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I actually don't mind this practice and wish other breweries would catch on and do something similar. Regardless of when the beer was announced to go on sale, if you're open and there is a line that meets or exceeds the amount of beer you're selling then just start selling it early. Seems to make sense.

No, force idiot assholes to stand in line longer than they're supposed to

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Toebone posted:

http://beerstreetjournal.com/artisanal-brewing-ventures/

Stuff like this always give me a bit of pause, but I suppose it's better than either brewery being gobbled up by InBev or something.

http://mobile.philly.com/food/?wss=%2Fphilly%2Ffood&id=368906691&betaPreview=redesign

Victory will now fall under the umbrella of a new out-of-state holding company called Artisanal Brewing Ventures.

ABV was formed last year by Southern Tier and Ulysses Management, a New York hedge-fund manager and investment firm that owns a minority stake in Southern Tier.

The new company is led by a pair of former Big Beer execs who joined Southern Tier after the Ulysses Management purchase: CEO John Coleman, who served briefly as president of Pabst Brewing after a long career at Anheuser-Busch, and Bill Wild, another former Anheuser-Busch executive.

Covaleski and Barchet said they would become “significant” shareholders in ABV and join the company’s board of directors.

No financial details of the transaction were released.

:unsmith:

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Spanish Manlove posted:

$100 AleSmith Priority Package
Fans of AleSmith beers have the opportunity to be first in line, literally and figuratively, for every specialty release in 2016. This perk will allow recipients to purchase specialty beers online a day before the public AND pick up those beers at AleSmith’s Tasting Room one day ahead of the public.
102 out of 100 claimed

(I know you're not questioning the logic behind buying in but I thought I'd share my logic for anyone else...)

Over the last two years I've averaged 20.5 bottles/year from AleSmith via the brownpapertickets releases. That number would have been higher if I'd been able to get in on a few other releases I was shut out of. So, let's say average 25 bottles/yr, that's another $4/bottle to basically not have to worry about getting shut out for 12 months. They've already said they're doing another round of BA Viet Speedway which makes getting to dodge the F5 shitshow worth the $100 on that future release alone.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
A local brewery just posted this on FB.

They did eat the ramen afterwards.

The noodles did convert, and they are only .5% off their calculations using their extract numbers on rice.

They didn't use any barley.

What

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

wattershed posted:

(I know you're not questioning the logic behind buying in but I thought I'd share my logic for anyone else...)

Over the last two years I've averaged 20.5 bottles/year from AleSmith via the brownpapertickets releases. That number would have been higher if I'd been able to get in on a few other releases I was shut out of. So, let's say average 25 bottles/yr, that's another $4/bottle to basically not have to worry about getting shut out for 12 months. They've already said they're doing another round of BA Viet Speedway which makes getting to dodge the F5 shitshow worth the $100 on that future release alone.

102 out of 100

Apache
May 11, 2004

a worthy uhh posted:

I'll be at Huna day, though I don't think I've met any of the other FL guys from here before. I'll be staying that Saturday at the Marriott waterside on the CCB special deal since I waited too long to book a hotel and the Barrymore got completely booked for the weekend.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Crunkjuice posted:

The noodles did convert, and they are only .5% off their calculations using their extract numbers on rice.

What

:barf:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Crunkjuice posted:

What

Oh for gently caress's sake, they go from making that amazing apricot golden sour to THAT? :dogbutton:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

trying an avery vanilla bean stout tonight
pretty good so far, not necessarily my favourite, but at least it's readily available and relatively cheap
maybe a little too sweet up front, but it's got some bitterness to balance out on the back end
vanilla's not overwhelming, bourbon might be a bit too subtle for my preference

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

Crunkjuice posted:

What

:psypop:

I was thinking about going to Fort Worth in a couple of weekends to check out the breweries over there, and these guys were high on my list, but perhaps not so much anymore.

The homebrewer in me wants to know how they converted the noodles without any barley. Do Ramen noodles contain amylase enzymes? Did they just put a bunch of enzymes into the mash and hope for the best?

:wtc:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Nah don't let that stop you, go anyway. Petite Golden Sour is impressive enough.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
hey, guys, we're starting a brewery and we don't really know what we're doing- can y'all do our research for us? kthx

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07ec5r1fxeijq87snf/a018yikqrjtj3/questions

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Patrick has been brewing at Jackie O's for long enough, he knows what he's doing. That looks like dumb "Market Research". Dumb.

EDIT: No, that's "Kindred Artisan Ales" nevermind, I have no clue who Kindred Spirit is

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 17, 2016

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

a worthy uhh posted:

Patrick has been brewing at Jackie O's for long enough, he knows what he's doing. That looks like dumb "Market Research". Dumb.

EDIT: No, that's "Kindred Artisan Ales" nevermind, I have no clue who Kindred Spirit is

Beats me, but they've got a leg up on the competition without that awful Diablo font :)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

And the number was 85!!
Is the address on the BIF box one I can use to send you the bottle? I still have the box around since I wanted to reuse the shipper sometime :P

E: And hahahaha that you were even the last person to post.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Awesome! You rule. I look forward to paying this one...forward.

Yes, my address is the same.

Speaking of addresses, Retemnav if you see this before I PM you, please sent me your address for superbowl beer. I should be hitting enough shops this weekend to find something good.

Dat label :3:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

nullfunction posted:

:psypop:

I was thinking about going to Fort Worth in a couple of weekends to check out the breweries over there, and these guys were high on my list, but perhaps not so much anymore.

The homebrewer in me wants to know how they converted the noodles without any barley. Do Ramen noodles contain amylase enzymes? Did they just put a bunch of enzymes into the mash and hope for the best?

I have absolutely no idea how or why they did it. Whats even more confusing is when asked what style of beer it will be they replied "gose-ish".

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

nullfunction posted:

Cereal mash? Looking at the ingredients for Top Ramen, I have no idea how they're gonna ferment this. Even if they can convert the wheat flour, the oil and salt is gonna make it a flat gross mess.

The real question is did they add the flavor packet?

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

ExtremistCow posted:

The real question is did they add the flavor packet?

I bet a beer made from Top Ramen will cost $18 for a bomber.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
As much as I want to say Let's Talk Beer 3: did they add the flavor packet?, I think it belongs in the homebrew thread

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

ChickenArise posted:

As much as I want to say Let's Talk Beer 3: did they add the flavor packet?, I think it belongs in the homebrew thread

With all the salt in the flavor packets you could make a ramen gose, but...ummmm please dont.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I like to crack an egg into the boil with my ramen.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Let's Talk Beer 3: Let's Talk Ramen

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

White Lung: The Beer. I must have it.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
To return to the MO beer chat from who-knows-how-many pages ago, my STL buddy found a Dry-Hopped Katy to send me! And he's got a Side Project Noir du Fermier for me too. Crushing it today. Think I'm gonna open my Bourbon Cake tonight because I'm worth it, dammit.

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

poop dood posted:

To return to the MO beer chat from who-knows-how-many pages ago, my STL buddy found a Dry-Hopped Katy to send me! And he's got a Side Project Noir du Fermier for me too. Crushing it today. Think I'm gonna open my Bourbon Cake tonight because I'm worth it, dammit.

It's like Christmas in February!

Tell your STL friend to keep an eye out for Logboat brewing out of Columbia. They just announced distribution expansion into the St. Louis area and are getting ready to release some good stuff beyond their regular lineup.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

It's like Christmas in February!

Tell your STL friend to keep an eye out for Logboat brewing out of Columbia. They just announced distribution expansion into the St. Louis area and are getting ready to release some good stuff beyond their regular lineup.

The craft beer Cellar in Clayton will probably start carrying it. I could had sworn they had some Longboat beers last time I was in there. I got distracted though and just bought up a bunch of Grimm, 2nd shift, and Side project.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
BOURBON CAKE UPDATE: fuckin' delicious. I can see why this one's so sought after. Probably gonna stop trying new spiced stouts after this, can't imagine they'll get any better. That said, though, it's so similar to Bourbon Barrel Biscotti Break that I suspect that they're the same base beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Common Winds was fantastic. I'd like to know what the Commons contributed, because it was a very Four Winds brew, from the flavor to the bottle and label. I really enjoyed the combination of apricot sweet-and-sour and Brett sharpness. In fact, it might just be my new favorite from Four Winds, overtaking Nectarous and Wildflower. I'll definitely have to grab another bottle to try a comparison with the last of my Nectarous. I finally found some Triplicity tonight, which should be excellent as well given Four Winds' track record.

I also saw Ten Fidy at a local store for the first time, so I figured I'd try it tonight. I can see where the hype comes from, because I don't think I've had a better Imperial Stout.