Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nightmares sucks because really it's the campaign without the entertainingly retarded story about Cyborgs SVU, and nothing you do counts towards camos or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Ghostlight posted:

Treyarch don't make CoDs where you can unlock everything - but there's a token refund in Barracks that lets you change your choices.

Requires prestiging.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

I'm raging out hard with this xim knockoff. It's super uncomfortable, it's basically like a completely different device - a lesser mouse

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'll be on in about a half hour if anyone wants to help me hunt raps ships. Tempest/hellfire/engineer/reload glitch are my new stradgedies.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
honestly the best advice for raps that I've heard is to run engineer & care package and reroll stuff until you get raps then let the other team cap it

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

for anybody like me who bought a copy of the game without nuk3town, you can get it free through activision: https://support.activision.com/CS_Form?id=a1fU00000089WsQ&uil=en_US&clickedOn=Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops_III

huh, they don't even try and attempt to check if you preordered it. got a code now, thx!!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Superanos posted:

If you are crazy and want to play this poo poo on PC, you can now get the multiplayer only (no campaign or zombies) for $15: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/84207/

Only restrictions are: you can't prestige and you can't create private games outside matchmaking.

I haven't played a CoD game since Black Ops 1 and only on Xbox. Time to see how badly I play now plus how poorly I am on PC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Gota say, carrying NSA and Achacha really reduces the margin for error.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

PSA: The Haymaker 12 is still a loving nasty weapon to use (on PC at least).

loving Action Hank there punched the last kill out of me. Wish I caught it.

And I not only get a positive K/D finally, but it's also above 2.0.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

widespread posted:

I agree. Played a few rounds last night against some master prestige scrub who was running Haymaker. At first I thought he might not be bad because he had around 350spm and 2.3KD, I was wrong. All of his "skill" was from the haymaker.

Also that new crossbow is ridiculous, had one round where all I heard was the whistle from it shooting and guys were dropping like flies. I picked it up after he died at one point and ran around with it for a minute, it was pretty OP until I tried to shoot arrows across the map trying to figure out the drop rate so I could pick off stationary guys sniping. Didn't really work out well. However, now I am 1360 tokens down and 0 crate weapons. Still need a wrench, butterfly knife, kuckles and all the new stuff. On the plus side I have more inferno camos than I can count and the burn duplicates has allowed me to try a few more rolls.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Seriously, Treyarch, please just let me loving BUY the new guns. I want my cool space Garand! I'd even pay 5 whole dollars for it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

The Haymaker doesn't work differently on PC. Its a bad gun on all platforms.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SilentW posted:

Seriously, Treyarch, please just let me loving BUY the new guns. I want my cool space Garand! I'd even pay 5 whole dollars for it.

the rest of the internet posted:

I have spent $200 of my money and $20 donated money in attempts to get the new weapons.

Full disclosure I have spent around $20 on CoD points when it was 50% off.

I spent about $80 on cod points before the new weapons

I spent 20 bucks this weekend (had extra cash on my steam account, cod is all I play)

Nah, I think they like the current system just fine

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

victrix posted:

Nah, I think they like the current system just fine

I know they do, I just don't... :negative:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

More telling is that they had (semi) reasonably priced stupid dlc for Ghosts, then did childhood gambling crates for AW, cleaned house, and decided to keep that system for BO3.

Also they slow rolled the release of actual weapons in the BO3 crates, clearly the number of people they're going to piss off is far less than the amount of $$$ they'll make from rubes.

Basically what I'm saying is good luck on your one rare crate roll per night and/or spend a few hundred bucks for your space garand.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

The Haymaker doesn't work differently on PC. Its a bad gun on all platforms.

Bad as in "Literally The Carry Weapon"?

SilentW posted:

I want to know if the Space Garand even makes the ping.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SilentW posted:

"Only two and a half rolls on the Blue chest? Pfft, we can get more than that..." :smugbert:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Something tells me they'll do a few 2x crypto key weekends or something else to entice players to stick around. Especially if The Division guts their player base.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

housefly posted:

Something tells me they'll do a few 2x crypto key weekends or something else to entice players to stick around. Especially if The Division guts their player base.

To be honest, this feels like a ploy to prevent The Division from getting any users. I mean, you got the PC Multiplayer Starter Pack, constant 2x weekends... would not be surprised if the whole idea is just "gently caress Ubisoft" at this point.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People don't know the division is gonna be poo poo yet?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
If I enjoyed previous blops games but didn't feel like spending $60 to find out if the wall-running stuff was fun or cool, would the $15 starter thing be a good way to solve that problem? Or should I just wait for a beefier discount on the full game?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Geight posted:

If I enjoyed previous blops games but didn't feel like spending $60 to find out if the wall-running stuff was fun or cool, would the $15 starter thing be a good way to solve that problem? Or should I just wait for a beefier discount on the full game?

Does the wall-running intrigue you? Do you also like space shotguns and space SMGs? Would you consider popping a few extra for the Season Pass? And do you like batshit crazy plots with you killing dudes?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RBX posted:

People don't know the division is gonna be poo poo yet?

It has Ubisoft aiming, which had never, loving ever- been worth a gently caress; and I say that as someone who's played or owned almost every shooter they've made since Splinter Cell One. Never even mind the 30fps limit, or chopping the game apart to literally require the dlc edition.

And even less weapon variety than Borderlands one or launch Destiny.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 18, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

widespread posted:

Does the wall-running intrigue you? Do you also like space shotguns and space SMGs? Would you consider popping a few extra for the Season Pass? And do you like batshit crazy plots with you killing dudes?

Yes, Yes, Maybe, Eh.

Since you put it that way, I might be picking up the starter thing soon!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

It has Ubisoft aiming, which had never, loving ever- been worth a gently caress; and I say that as someone who's played or owned almost every shooter they've made since Splinter Cell One. Never even mind the 30fps limit, or chopping the game apart to literally require the dlc edition.

It wasn't horrible in the beta and the TTK is so low you have plenty of opportunity to correct if you're off, but :shrug: I rather liked the beta but that's a small slice of a game over a weekend so it could turn into repetitive dumb horseshit pretty quickly.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mister Macys posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about, "Ubisoft aiming", all their shooters have that weird jank to them, even most recently that new Rainbow Six game included, but I assume you haven't played The Division beta because it actually plays really well, SURPRISINGLY well actually. The shooting is real tight and precise.

No idea what you mean about the weapon variety lacking because there was quite a bit from the beta, but I'm assuming there's more we haven't seen, maybe it'll be on the same level as loldestiny.

Even if it had a lack of weapon variety, the meat of the game is in the Dark Zone where the merciless paramilitary antics of certain Goons really come out. closer

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 18, 2016

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Who want to play video games.

Wazzit posted:

I know exactly what you're talking about, "Ubisoft aiming", all their shooters have that weird jank to them, even most recently that new Rainbow Six game included, but I assume you haven't played The Division beta because it actually plays really well, SURPRISINGLY well actually. The shooting is real tight and precise.

No idea what you mean about the weapon variety lacking because there was quite a bit from the beta, but I'm assuming there's more we haven't seen, maybe it'll be on the same level as loldestiny.

Even if it had a lack of weapon variety, the meat of the game is in the Dark Zone where the merciless paramilitary antics of certain Goons really come out. closer

Kinda wish I was getting The Division on the bone now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Geight posted:

Yes, Yes, Maybe, Eh.

Since you put it that way, I might be picking up the starter thing soon!

Highly recommend you try to score it on the cheap. Or if you're fine with it, venture off into those "gray area" sites like G2A or CDKeys. I think one of them had the full game for about $30. It's gray, but reliable gray for the most part.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

widespread posted:

I want to know if the Space Garand even makes the ping.

It does and I paid $20 to get one.

Then I got the sword for free a couple days later in my one nightly crate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

It's just my subjective opinion, but I consider the present/near future a bad choice for a loot game, because 95% of the weapons just shoot bullets. I want Einhander/Metal Slug/Contra: The FPS levels of variety, which even BL1-3 let me down on. And Destiny ultimately only has what- seven different guns? Changing the numbers is irrelevant; what I look for is entire different types and schools of weaponry.

I want lasers, flamethrowers, and sound-seeking bee missiles.

"Waitaminute... this is the future. Where're all the phaser guns?"
- Simon Phoenix, 'Demolition Man'

The only modern day genre that would make sense to me as a Diablo clone is fashion. 'The World Ends With You'- but as a real time action RPG.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 18, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want the next Call of Duty game to not be bad.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".

teknetik posted:

Requires prestiging.

Maybe you should prestige then, friend.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Seven challenges left and all I can think of is how I'm going to finish it and the unlock for 100% will still be loving bugged. :[

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Speaking of bugs, I unlocked diamond for the brass knuckles tonight. Should have gotten dark matter. It shows the 1 for something that's new, but dark matter isn't available to select. Apparently a lot of people have this problem with the supply drop weapons.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Topped the lobbie in a TDM game. Got 0 cryptokeys. :shepface:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just got this game. What's a good SMG and assault rifle to use? Also apparently you have a jet pack? I'm very bad

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Topped the lobbie in a TDM game. Got 0 cryptokeys. :shepface:

Did you quit the game after it ended? If you did, you must wait till the final killcam starts playing. If you are playing a game mode with 2 rounds, you must wait all the way until the winner's circle comes up before pressing quit game.

If you quit early, you get no cryptokeys although your challenges and XP will count.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
^^ this is stupid and has cost me numerous crypotkeys. If you get XP when you quit a game, why not cryptokeys?

Mister Macys posted:

It's just my subjective opinion, but I consider the present/near future a bad choice for a loot game, because 95% of the weapons just shoot bullets. I want Einhander/Metal Slug/Contra: The FPS levels of variety, which even BL1-3 let me down on. And Destiny ultimately only has what- seven different guns? Changing the numbers is irrelevant; what I look for is entire different types and schools of weaponry.

I want lasers, flamethrowers, and sound-seeking bee missiles.

"Waitaminute... this is the future. Where're all the phaser guns?"
- Simon Phoenix, 'Demolition Man'

The only modern day genre that would make sense to me as a Diablo clone is fashion. 'The World Ends With You'- but as a real time action RPG.

Play Loadout.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 18, 2016

Guni
Mar 11, 2010
Anyone know what happened to the dedicated Nuk3town playlist on xbone? Or was it just for the weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Guni posted:

Anyone know what happened to the dedicated Nuk3town playlist on xbone? Or was it just for the weekend?

Nuketown playlists are only up for double XP weekends, although back when they allowed you to play a map repeatedly the Chaos Moshpit was a nuketown playlist anyway.

• Locked thread