Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm getting ready to fight Gwyn and just now found out about the bottomless box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's not essential in any way, i barely use it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use it a lot because I like to keep my menus clean.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my dark souls character inventories are like my My Documents folder: a big hellish mishmash of crap that i never clean out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dark souls 2 has gavlan which will give you some spare change for the poo poo you wont use

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

dark souls 2 has gavlan which will give you some spare change for the poo poo you wont use

unfortunately, because of soul memory, there's really no reason to ever do that unless you really, really are desperate for souls

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

soul memory really really isnt a big deal and you can completely ignore it lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in NG+ it may as well not even exist

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

soul memory really really isnt a big deal and you can completely ignore it lol

it definitely is if you want to co-op or invade on your first time through the game. i typically don't play NG+.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

never had any issues w/ that. for SOTFS and in the final big patch for the OG game they condensed the SM tiers so that it's a lot easier to hook up w/ people. also keep in mind a lot of people playing this game suck and/or arent paying attention to that, you'll always have a huge range of SMs in every area

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah even in the base game I don't think I ever had a problem co-oping in any area

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I flattened a poor noob in the bell tower by doing a plunge attack through the hole in the floor with my greatsword. I feel good about what I did for my community today.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

I flattened a poor noob in the bell tower by doing a plunge attack through the hole in the floor with my greatsword. I feel good about what I did for my community today.

i remember doing that in the depths in 1, dude fell into the curse frog hole and i plunged after him and killed him then had to run like hell so i didnt get cursed

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

SM64Guy posted:

i remember doing that in the depths in 1, dude fell into the curse frog hole and i plunged after him and killed him then had to run like hell so i didnt get cursed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What exactly is the trigger that moves Eileen to the odeon tomb fight. I've done the quest before but last time I played the game I tried to do it again and must have flubbed the order because I talked to her around Amelia and then got the "You can't warp to this Lantern" message and figured it was time to help but when I went there, there was no Henryk and Eileen, and I couldn't progress her quest

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

oh my god

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
eileen appears on the side of cathedral ward after you've snuck around the back and opened the main gate, or bought the emblem to do the same. once you talk to her there, she'll tell you about henryk, and then move to oedon to fight him. i think she disappears if you don't help her out before you kill amelia.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah you know I probably rushed Amelia on that char because it was right when the DLC came out and I was eager to see it despite promptly saving it for the post-game once I took one look at the new enemies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found out that this game exists : http://swordofmoonlight.com/ and will probably play it once I finish up my Bloodborne run. It's probably impossible to play without reading a billion tutorials but im extremely curious to see what a Dark Souls Maker made in 2000 looks like.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

What exactly is the trigger that moves Eileen to the odeon tomb fight. I've done the quest before but last time I played the game I tried to do it again and must have flubbed the order because I talked to her around Amelia and then got the "You can't warp to this Lantern" message and figured it was time to help but when I went there, there was no Henryk and Eileen, and I couldn't progress her quest

talk to her outside of the chapel, after BSB. although theres been times where i havent done that and henryk was still there.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took down allant on try 9 or 10. it was a really fun fight, with lots of back and forth. i ended up using demonbrandt, going into body form for that extra third of a lifebar, and casting second chance (which i ended up not needing).

at some point though i guess he deleveled my faith!? that's sort of a pain in the rear end. goodbye moonlight sword.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The soul sucking move he has delevels you and takes away whatever stat you invested in for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can trade his soul for a spell that does the same thing to other players and get into some awesomely exploitative pvp shenanigans with it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The soul sucking move he has delevels you and takes away whatever stat you invested in for it

ah, ok. i'll probably relevel faith eventually.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm at the spider area in dark souls 2

i got to that area with all the spikes on the floor and i had a billion spiders and peasants around me, so i walked out on the spikes and hung out there until everything died trying to get to me

it was the most annoying sound assault a game has thrown at me in a long time, every shank sound is played at max volume multiple times a second for each enemy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

ah, ok. i'll probably relevel faith eventually.

Also Im eating dinner at the moment (Chipotle ftw.) and will be available all evening after that to try 3-3. Let me know if you'll be playing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Also Im eating dinner at the moment (Chipotle ftw.) and will be available all evening after that to try 3-3. Let me know if you'll be playing

Did you get your free Chipotle coupon.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i'm on right now, and ready to monk

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a guy named PAINBRYAN invaded me by mistake instead of IT, so i let him kill me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It may be a soul level thing, I did forget about that. It still follows normal invasion rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This character's name is Seņor Fat Stacks, by the way. So you'll know if it works.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm 65

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

62 so we should be right on the money. I got the notification once that I was being summoned and then it said Failed to Join Session. Frustrating

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I knew this forum was old but christ...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
got invaded by another pubbie. trying again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We wil get there...I believe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly it's cool that this many people are still chilling in queue for this boss 9 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf, another stranger. cartman88, this time. trying again O_o

• Locked thread