Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I just invaded a stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cartman88 again :shakefist:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And if it was you I just one shot you... o_O

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did get the monk head wrappings which are awesome

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i need to get a weapon with a long reach in dark souls 2 for use outside of hallways.

i'm running full havel armor and a gyrm greatshield and using a mace right now

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
nope, someone else.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cartman88 dropped me a gift and we had a chat. nice guy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
close fight! thanks for waiting for it, it was fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We did it and I lost because we both went for the Hail Mary R2 and he had the poke range. Epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy your pure sharp stone

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Congrats OP and sector.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The suspense was freakin killing me. Grats y'all

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my +10 spear, after i just poked the real allant to death and killed this big-rear end bush.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it was a really good game. there were some parts i didn't like, but also some great parts. i think i like DS1 better, but it was still awesome. definitely worth playing after all these years of hearing about it. now i might take a souls break, and check out some PS3 stuff people have been recommending in the other thread.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

it was a really good game. there were some parts i didn't like, but also some great parts. i think i like DS1 better, but it was still awesome. definitely worth playing after all these years of hearing about it. now i might take a souls break, and check out some PS3 stuff people have been recommending in the other thread.

grats dude, and to the OP

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[the entire impzone standing around clapping] Congratulations!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i look at the sticky white stuff smeared on my spear "i'm so hosed up"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Which ending did you choose

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i killed real allant, and then let the maiden in black destroy The One

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

how many souls games before we reach 151 bosses total and I can do a pokemon trainer gimmick run throughout all of them

I assume two since 4 souls games = 100 bosses, 100/4 = 25, 100 + 25 * 2 = 150

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How many dark souls games do we need to to a Pokemon trainer gimmick run? Stats goons?

e: one post above me :doh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's around 20 or less per game, DSII just threw off the curve since there's nearly 40

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Pokemon trainer gimmick run would be like, you can only use equipment made from boss souls (spells weapons and armor) and only up to a total combination of 6. That would be hard at first, maybe. Every character would probably be strength by default since you'd be spending a good chunk of the game doing barehanded damage

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

A Pokemon trainer gimmick run would be like, you can only use equipment made from boss souls (spells weapons and armor) and only up to a total combination of 6. That would be hard at first, maybe. Every character would probably be strength by default since you'd be spending a good chunk of the game doing barehanded damage

eh, i tried doing a monster hunter playthrough (only get to wear equipment that's unique drops from monsters or cut tails) of ds1 and it turned into a normal run pretty fast. once you gget the gargoyle weapon it's pretty much a normal run only you can't get hit and once you kill one of the bosses that wears armor that's not a problem anymore either

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it seems like it'd be hard to do enough damage to the first garg tail with your fist to get it to cut.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ffor some reason i thought you could only cut tails with slashing damage so i let myself use one of the starter weapons. tthink it was either dagger or longsword

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That makes sense for a monhun run because you have a starter set in those games. For Pokemon theme you'd have to come up with some replacement for Oak giving you a starter. Bloodborne actually already has this built in

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

use firebombs and black firebombs and rename them to poke balls/ultra balls in your head imo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Souls Nuzlocke:

-you can only use boss equipment or starting equipment
-you can only use boss equipment if you kill the boss on the first try
-your total amount of equipped armor and weapons must not exceed six at any one time
-if any weapon or armor breaks you cannot use it for the rest of the game; if all usable equipment breaks, you lose

Average Bear posted:

How many dark souls games do we need to to a Pokemon trainer gimmick run? Stats goons?

e: one post above me :doh:

Great minds think alike anon

Fungah! posted:

use firebombs and black firebombs and rename them to poke balls/ultra balls in your head imo

lmao

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Charmander run where you can only use Scratch (claw weapon) and Ember (combustion)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i forgot what a bitch it is to even get to the rune sentinels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The shortcut is as dangerous as the actual path

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is a pretty annoying run, although i think they improved the shortcut if you're playing scholar.

the way i typically did it was to go the normal way, roll past the swordmen in the two tiered room, fall down that pit without using the ladder, run to the next ladder, and then speed climb up it. if any swordsmen make it to the top and you're waiting for a summon or w/e, just hit them off.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah you can open that door and just drop down the stairs, ignoring all the little knight dudes.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im trying to go for the platinum in scholar. god what a slog this is going to be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the plat in vanilla and it took me 100 hours. I could definitely do it faster now but idk what new trophies have been added for scholar. Have to pick up more spells in the DLC areas but thats not too bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

im trying to go for the platinum in scholar. god what a slog this is going to be

im not gonna bother with it. i went out of my way to do dark souls + bloodborne but i dont feel like ever grinding covenants or summoning NPCs for bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the worst is trying to keep npcs alive during boss fights and maxing the sunlight covenant

• Locked thread