Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Removing the 5 second dash from both spawns is a nice touch, though.

Yeah, that's useful. The long spawn was clearly put in as an afterthought to slow the map down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The MLG Columbus qualifier groups have been released. It's an interesting bracket. Here's what I predict:

Group A: G2, probably Flipsid3 as well but Tempo Storm has amazing momentum, so there could be a possible upset.

Group B: Mousesports, Liquid

Group C: Vexed, and then a 50/50 chance of either CLG or SK.

Group D: Dignitas, probably Cloud9 too unless Gambit steps up.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Apparently m0e is going to be sniping for liquid in the qualifier

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Also f3 have been playing like complete dogshit recently, I predict tstorm and g2 get that group easily.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

symbolic posted:

[url=http://www.hltv.org/news/17117-mlg-main-qualifier-groups-announced]
Group C: Vexed, and then a 50/50 chance of either CLG or SK.

mongolz can't get no respect

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

mongolz can't get no respect
Mongolz have never played an EU team. I don't expect them to do all too well.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

symbolic posted:

Mongolz have never played an EU team. I don't expect them to do all too well.

yeah but they beat the piss out of renegades to get into the qualifier, and I'd put renegades in roughly the same class as vexed/SK. That group is pretty wide open to upsets.

also lmao VP is pretty much already eliminated from making the pro league finals after 2 weeks, going 0-8 in their first 8 maps

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

yeah but they beat the piss out of renegades to get into the qualifier, and I'd put renegades in roughly the same class as vexed/SK. That group is pretty wide open to upsets.
Renegades are definitely not the level of Vexed and maybe slightly below SK. Mind you, Vexed and SK have experience playing against and for multiple EU teams. Mongolz have not. It's really just a matter of inexperience that will hurt them.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Got tired of teen babies in mm. Joined esea again and have had nothing but good matches

I've learned I'm a 4 rws player

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'd like to try ESEA but I heard EU is terrible, does anyone have a guest code I could use to scout it out?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

NtotheTC posted:

I'd like to try ESEA but I heard EU is terrible, does anyone have a guest code I could use to scout it out?

I've got a few codes available. Let me see if I can access them on my phone.

Edit: PM sent.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 17, 2016

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I've got a few codes available. Let me see if I can access them on my phone.

I'll love you forever, steam ID is STEAM_0:1:10708834

e: any chance of sending it via steam? I don't have plat :(

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 17, 2016

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

harder getting there than pre-adjust and we met hackers 1/3 of our matches, but now my icon looks cool again

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Honestly how big is the gap between most global elite players and average pros? Seeing as pros seem to lose GE matches at about the same rate as anyone else at that rank.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Just watched the most charming overwatch, probably a silver level game.The suspect was blatantly walling but he was silver so a lot of the time he couldn't really make use of the information he had. Like if he knew a guy was in checkers he would still go around the corner like a car or he'd be tracking someone badly through cover who would then eventually pop out and land shots on him. He had good k/d obviously because most of the other players were natural silver but all the same it was kind of amusing.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

VelociBacon posted:

Honestly how big is the gap between most global elite players and average pros? Seeing as pros seem to lose GE matches at about the same rate as anyone else at that rank.

Mechanically the gap is small. The difference comes from less tangible things, like pro players having much more finely tuned game sense and better decision making.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The thing is being a pugstar doesn't really mean poo poo when you're playing against a bunch of players that you are very familiar with playing against.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
A single player doesn't carry a game. You couldn't pick many pro players out of a lot of regular decent players. Honestly most of CS is pretty ugly kill and get killed, even for pro players. I've played with and against plenty in my time and if most of them were under fake names I would not have pegged them as pro.

Shouldn't be too fooled though. A pro player running hot is usually a tonne better than most GE's will ever be, and their level of team comms and overall game sense is usually leagues ahead. A lot of that is only relevant in a team environment, however.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I don't even know why I spam through Mirage's walls anymore. The tiny little plaster walls in apartments look like drywall but I guess it's concrete or something. I hit a guy 66 in loving 9 with an AK earlier :qq:

VelociBacon posted:

I do love that some people think GE's have magic powers. "Yeah he just auto'd three of us through a wall, he's probably just GE :downs:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

I do love that some people think GE's have magic powers. "Yeah he just auto'd three of us through a wall, he's probably just GE :downs:

That's not magic powers, that is video game hacks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The ST FN AWP Hyper Beast I got in a knife trade two weeks ago when it was $210 on the market is now $394 on the market.

...Huh.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Nothing dispelled the myth for me about global elites being something special as much as reaching that rank myself and knowing that I was still really bad

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

The ST FN AWP Hyper Beast I got in a knife trade two weeks ago when it was $210 on the market is now $394 on the market.

...Huh.

sell it you noob

stump collector
May 28, 2007
on second thought, sit on it until its worth 500 keys or whatever

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

TRade it for a real life awp

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Bike parts.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

VelociBacon posted:

Bike parts.

Thank you

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Well I'll get credit for that mm eventually

Guy quit and rejoined at 10-10, spinbotted everyone

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

...Huh.

Sell it, buy a ST Worm God or corticera and enjoy having a few hundred steambux you can spend on whatever games you want for the next year.

Oh who am I kidding, that money would just go right back into the CSGO economy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

Sell it, buy a ST Worm God or corticera and enjoy having a few hundred steambux you can spend on whatever games you want for the next year.

Oh who am I kidding, that money would just go right back into the CSGO economy.
Already have a ST FT Asiimov. Also someone put theirs up for $250, so RIP.

I will say, though, going from 14 on the market to 4 in two weeks is something noteworthy. Maybe this will still be on the rise.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

Already have a ST FT Asiimov. Also someone put theirs up for $250, so RIP.

I will say, though, going from 14 on the market to 4 in two weeks is something noteworthy. Maybe this will still be on the rise.

Someone could've used the market to sell their ultra low float or cool sticker awps. Is yours anywhere near .00x?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

Someone could've used the market to sell their ultra low float or cool sticker awps. Is yours anywhere near .00x?
I haven't actually checked. It's 0.067, so not terrible at all.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
2 GB update :bubblewoop:

quote:

[OPERATION WILDFIRE]
– Operation Wildfire is LIVE: http://blog.counter-strike.net/operationwildfire
— Seven community maps available in Competitive Matchmaking as well as other game modes via the Operation Wildfire map group
– The Operation Wildfire Access Pass ($5.99) is now available giving access to the following features:
— The Operation Wildfire coin, upgradeable through the completion of challenge missions
— An Operation Journal that tracks your stats in official competitive matches and includes a Friends Leaderboard
— The cooperative Gemini Campaign, featuring replayable missions with individual mission leaderboards.
— The Wildfire Campaign, featuring 30 missions in Casual, Arms Race, Demolition, and Deathmatch modes.
— Blitz Missions, global events that grant bonus XP for completing a specific action (must be Private Rank 3 or above to participate in Competitive Blitz Missions).
— Access to weapon drops from Operation collections: Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, Chop Shop, and Rising Sun
— Exclusive access to the Operation Wildfire Case featuring 16 community-created weapon finishes and the all-new Bowie Knife.
– Nuke has returned (available in Matchmaking included in the Operation Wildfire map group). For more details, visit: http://blog.counter-strike.net/reintroducing_nuke
[GAMEPLAY]
– ARMS RACE
— The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer shows through walls.
— M4A1-Silenced has been added to the rifle section of available Arms Race weapons.
[UI]
– Fixed AWP icon to better represent the weapon’s silhouette.
– The English string “ALIVE” in the playercount hud element is now a localized token.
– Inventory filter for All Weapons now filters out display items and music kits correctly.
– Inventory sorting by Quality now better groups items within the same quality by their slot.
– Updated the Nuke loading screen icon.
[MISC]
– Fixed particle rain not following the “in eye” player if you were spectating someone.
– Detail sprites (like grass) have been improved so many more can be rendered for much cheaper.
[SDK]
-[vbsp.exe] increased MAX_MAP_ENTITIES to 20480 from 16384 to compile bigger maps.
– Maps can have multiple radar images based on player height.
– Added several features to support a new mission type: Co-op Strike (game_type 4, game_mode 1)
— Added Co-op Strike items: Heavy Armor, Tactical Awareness Grenades, and Medi-Shot.
— Added new spawn point (info_enemy_terrorist_spawn) for use in Co-op Strike missions to spawn enemies which can specify somethings like unique models, loadouts, behavior, etc.
— Added an Exploding Barrel entity for use in the Co-op Strike missions.
— func_hostage_rescue entity is now able to be disabled.
— Added a Heavy Phoenix enemy.
– Added item_coop_coin entity that displays how many (of 3) you’ve collected.
— In Co-op Strike mode, bots will no longer try to path through “blocked” nav areas.
— Bots can be set to “asleep” in Co-op Strike mode and they will stay put until they see an enemy, take damage or are the last enemy alive.
— Added a game_coopmission_manager entity to help manage and relay data to other entities/vscript for Co-op missions.
– The game_player_equip entity has been updated to allow maps to give any weapon to the activator with an argument.
– prop_door_rotating now blocks nav when closed, locked and unbreakable.
– Fixed an assert in prop_door_rotating where it tried to play a “locked” activity regardless of it had it when the player used it when locked.
– Added OnFirstPickedUp, OnDroppedNotRescued, OnRescued outputs to hostage entities.
– Added a convar (mp_c4_cannot_be_defused) that when enabled, prevents C4s from being defused.
– Resurrected the HL2 env_gunfire entity.
– Added two new convars for managing dropped weapons
— weapon_auto_cleanup_time “If set to non-zero, weapons will delete themselves after the specified time (in seconds) if no players are near.”
— weapon_max_before_cleanup “If set to non-zero, will remove the oldest dropped weapon to maintain the specified number of dropped weapons in the world.”
– Added a third option to mp_death_drop_grenade which makes all held grenades drop on death (used in Co-op Strike)
– Updated weapons in Hammer fgd to use weapon models that match the ones used when spawned in the world. Plus added some missing weapons.
– Added env_sprite_clientside entity which is just a clientside sprite (doesn’t use edicts).
[MAPS]
– Nuke
— Now available in Competitive Matchmaking, and other game modes in the Operation Wildfire Map Group
– Cache:
— Fixed DM spawns
— Improved radar polish
— Improved visual polish
— Added physics to fence in Sun room
— Fixed numerous “pixel walks”
— Fixed one-way wallbang at mid (thanks TomCS!)
— Fixed fencing at T-spawn being non-solid (thanks JoshOnTwitch!)
– Mirage:
— Removed wall-lamps that blocked visibility from ticketbooth to mid in bombsite A
— Removed shelf inside market near bombsite B (thanks TheWhaleMan!)
— Added a plywood board to bomb-crate in bombsite A to make throwing grenades under scaffolding more consistent
– Slight adjustments to Safehouse, Lake, and Shoots

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Thorgot posted:

2 GB update :bubblewoop:
Operation Wildfire

Yessss.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Nuke has like almost the same layout, how did this take them a year

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006