Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ShaneB posted:

These look really awesome and sometimes I understand why people miss the old frame. Mainly the blue frame because it is sickkkk.

The only new frame I genuinely like is the gold frame. The rest were much more distinctive. The old gold frame was lovely imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's almost as if Core Sets were less complicated than The Complicated Set.

And that's why they're discontinued. Complication is Good, and Correct.

Now excuse me as I try to figure out Chains of Mephistopholes and Sylvan Library after my opponent BSZs me for 3.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Crystalline is just shroud, but it was also printed 9 years before shroud was a thing.

And yeah, then M14 slivers were in a core set. But even core sets are allowed to have some complexity; the slivers just didn't get any of it.

Non-sliver rare:
{1}, {T}, Discard a card: You gain 4 life.
{1}, {T}, Pay 1 life: Put a 0/1 white Goat creature token onto the battlefield.
{1}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
{1}, {T}, Sacrifice an artifact: Draw a card.

Sliver rare:
Lifelink.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

whydirt posted:

Didn't M15 slivers start in design as another creature type and then someone realized that they were basically reinventing slivers, so why not just switch them over? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't recall exactly.

I remember that as well.

And old frame = best frame.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And that's why they're discontinued. Complication is Good, and Correct.

Now excuse me as I try to figure out Chains of Mephistopholes and Sylvan Library after my opponent BSZs me for 3.

BSZ just kills your guys how does that matter :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

From the MTGO Bug Blog: posted:

•Cardset | Some spells that return multiple permanents from different zones to players’ hands (such as Rise//Fall or Æther Tradewinds) only return one permanent. Notably, this does not affect any cards in Battle for Zendikar or Oath of the Gatewatch.

How does this even happen?

Also, apparently Devouring Greed, a critical components for one of the Champions of Kamigawa archetypes (and so important it was included in MM2015 for its Spirits archetype and bumped up a rarity) doesn't function - you sacrifice X spirits and deal 2 damage total. Fun!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Crystalline is just shroud, but it was also printed 9 years before shroud was a thing.

And yeah, then M14 slivers were in a core set. But even core sets are allowed to have some complexity; the slivers just didn't get any of it.

Non-sliver rare:
{1}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.

Sliver rare:
Lifelink.

Sliver Goatpost would be horrible, but a middle spot (like people have mentioned) is absolutely fine.

The reason that the M14 change kinda bugs me is that stuff like Juzam Sliver (the 2BB 5/5 that has "slivers cost 1 life on upkeep" thing) or Venser's Sliver exist.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

whydirt posted:

I know that they changed them in order to simplify board states, but I wish they'd kept slivers buffing both sides as it made them stand out mechanically as a tribe, especially now that all regular lords only buff your side.

Lords only buffing your side is also part of why they changed it

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The only new frame I genuinely like is the gold frame. The rest were much more distinctive. The old gold frame was lovely imho.

Yeah old gold is bad.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Entropic posted:

Did anyone who wasn't around for the original slivers actually like slivers in M1whatever ?

the only thing i liked about them was making a nerd incredibly mad by winning a draft pod (my first and only) by splashing two of the big red ones as a third color because my other two bombs were the big green ones.

guy was really mad that i won with 3 color, challenged me to a rematch, and i was 4-0 against him :laugh:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Serperoth posted:

Sliver Goatpost would be horrible

Bad opinion detected.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Some people get very upset about 2 color + splash decks (or full on 3+ color) in limited even when the format supports it, it's really weird.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

cheetah7071 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if after a certain number of turns with nothing happening, mtgo goes into "something infinite must have happened" mode, like with LSV's oblivion rings. Restarting the game is the correct action at that point.

Made it to turn 1727 before the game simply restarted. Which is 123-1, but I think that's a coincidence.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

cheetah7071 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if after a certain number of turns with nothing happening, mtgo goes into "something infinite must have happened" mode, like with LSV's oblivion rings. Restarting the game is the correct action at that point.

There's a lot of really interesting programming problems that come up in trying to code the rules of Magic. There's an insane number of possible game states you have to take into account.

Sadly they have too few underpaid programmers on the job tackling those problems.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Non-sliver rare:

Sliver rare:
Lifelink.

Trading Post in M13 super-standard was my favorite short-lived pet deck. Trading Posts, Ichor Wellsprings, Wurmcoil Engines...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Bad opinion detected.

I'd want it to happen, maybe, but my point was that giving all creatures four different abilities to keep track of would lead to some less-than-fun gameplay.

Two would be fine though. Like... Sliver Guildmage.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Slivers find a portal to the plane of Mercadia and discover the craft of spellshaping.

(Spellshaping. Now there's a mechanic that hasn't come back in too long, aside from the obligatory TSP appearance. I'd like to see that back, even though I'd roll my eyes when they gave it an ability word.)

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Sickening posted:

Modern is basically unplayable right now unless you are playing Eldrazi. Knowing that this isn't going to get fixed till April is annoying as gently caress. By all accounts, they are doubling down on not emergency banning it.

How loving boring.

Last night my eldrazi got poo poo on by a bogles deck and some blue/white homebrew control deck. :toot:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
That leaked list on 4chan looks hysterical. So many money cards.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Unbelievably fake though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Is it on /tg/?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

sarmhan posted:

Unbelievably fake though.

My uncle works for nintendo wizards Unknown Vendor #1 and they said that Eternal Masters will have black bordered Cheatyface.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

suicidesteve posted:

Art is subjective but thanks for your worthless input.

objectively your posts are garbage

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I want the list to be real just because of the possibility of Lin-Sivvi and a bomb Rebels limited deck

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hellsau posted:

My uncle works for nintendo wizards Unknown Vendor #1 and they said that Eternal Masters will have black bordered Cheatyface Stop That.
FTFY

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zoness posted:

BSZ just kills your guys how does that matter :v:

USZ then. I forgot there's a more famous BSZ out there.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Don't make us look at 4chan for fucks sake, post it.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Realtalk Stop That! in BB would be a format-defining card on the order of Bazaar of Baghdad

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Spill it girlfriend, fake or not it should be good for a laugh

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
The 4chan one was like every money card and cursed scroll which is reserve list.

Some magic page on Facebook posted this and it looks way more believable - just imagine how soul crushing it would be to open crop rotation and animate dead as rares:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sigma-X posted:

The 4chan one was like every money card and cursed scroll which is reserve list.

Some magic page on Facebook posted this and it looks way more believable - just imagine how soul crushing it would be to open crop rotation and animate dead as rares:

Look at all those upgraded to mythics. Cavern reprint would actually be awesome.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

It's probably fake but I'm not sure how much I want it to be. I really want a lot of those cards but woof, some of those rarity scale-ups are rugged.

Crop Rotation at rare :psyduck:

Chain Lightning at mythic :psypop:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sickening posted:

Look at all those upgraded to mythics. Cavern reprint would actually be awesome.

Chain Lightning is in no way a mythic rare, not in name, effect or cost equity to reprint. Also WotC probably doesn't use google docs for their spoiler lists.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Everblight posted:

Chain Lightning is in no way a mythic rare, not in name, effect or cost equity to reprint. Also WotC probably doesn't use google docs for their spoiler lists.

Well out of all the reasons to disbelieve the spoiler, this seems like a pretty weak reason. I am sure whatever way they were leaked didn't come in a nice clean look. Probably was made after the fact.

And honestly, not many leaks have been wrong in a while. Still not shocked so many calling them fake.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Everblight posted:

Price of Progress, Past in flames, Batterskull and Fireblast at rare are also pretty :wtc: rarity shifts

Edit: Riftstone portal, #1 feelbad rare.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 18, 2016

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
*speaking louder and louder to be heard over the deafening roar of reserved list prices spiking* just be glad it's even seeing a reprint YOU INGRATES!!!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I've been rolling my eyes at this self-obsessed shitlord on Twitter since he started, glad to see he really knew nothing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Wasn't Lotus Petal originally a common too?

I think I believe this list just because it seems right in line with the last Modern Masters set: some marquee money cards at mythic and rare but on average you'll spend $15 on a pack and open near-bulk rares.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

*speaking louder and louder to be heard over the deafening roar of reserved list prices spiking* just be glad it's even seeing a reprint YOU INGRATES!!!

Gangsines tell me: what reserved list cards are Good Ideas to get

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

BJPaskoff posted:

I've been rolling my eyes at this self-obsessed shitlord on Twitter since he started, glad to see he really knew nothing.

Sounds like he was tricked by some rude-rear end vendor in an attempt to eliminate rivals, which is probably even worse.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

Don't make us look at 4chan for fucks sake, post it.

http://imgur.com/YrK8wgE
No green mythics and cursed scroll they didn't even try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Sounds like he was tricked by some rude-rear end vendor in an attempt to eliminate rivals, which is probably even worse.

Who didn't see this sort of thing coming once WOTC established the precedent that they go nuclear over spoilers?

I mean hopefully they have good enough investigative practices that no innocent folks ever get punished (though given how wide a net got thrown in the judge case, maybe not) but even so, it seems like a great way for poo poo-stirrers to stir poo poo.

• Locked thread