Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

판다를 팬다.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Man I wish I could see the lives.

Not sure about interacting with all those other fans, sounds terrible. On the other hand, I don't particularly want to watch the blu-rays of performances either.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Not sure about interacting with all those other fans, sounds terrible. On the other hand, I don't particularly want to watch the blu-rays of performances either.

well if you don't want to watch it in a crowd or watch it on a screen, then the only option left is to simply participate in the live itself

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

well if you don't want to watch it in a crowd or watch it on a screen, then the only option left is to simply participate in the live itself

Tangentially, it was nice to see Hasegawa 'Miki' Akiko on Asami 'Chihaya' Imai's livestream the other day. She's been too busy having a baby to do much recently. Even if it was Five Nights at Freddy's

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Trihugger posted:

At least the games produced the Cutie Panther dance and it was performed at the 4th Live. So some good came out of them. The VAs getting launched into the air and onto the stage for the intro is pretty impressive. And they manage to stick the landing in high heels too.

That's an impressive feat, considering that the 4th Live happened months prior to School Idol Paradise.

Futaba Anzu posted:

too bad the same could not be said of the series at large

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
One of the best bits from the Lives that i've seen clips of is the Honoka solo during Snow Halation. I would've loved to be able to be in that crowd at that time.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Ha, i accidentally did this song without a practice ticket. i used 2 on it so far, failed hard the 1st try, barely passed the second, and then the third.. I guess I turned it off on accident, but managed to pass. Yay.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp, it happened to me too.

I was upgrading my furniture, didn't realize you could only upgrade 1 at a time and accidentally spent 1 Star Gem to automatically finish the upgrade.

Since the game only seems to give them to you in multiples of 25, I rage spent like 10 or 12 more upgrading everything I could. I still need to get rid of the rest, but I guess I need to level up to be able to do more.

Also I got that umbrella goth Rare from a match, which is neat. I have the items to idolize her or Rin but for some reason I can't? Do I hafta raise my affinity with her?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Welp, it happened to me too.

I was upgrading my furniture, didn't realize you could only upgrade 1 at a time and accidentally spent 1 Star Gem to automatically finish the upgrade.

Since the game only seems to give them to you in multiples of 25, I rage spent like 10 or 12 more upgrading everything I could. I still need to get rid of the rest, but I guess I need to level up to be able to do more.

Also I got that umbrella goth Rare from a match, which is neat. I have the items to idolize her or Rin but for some reason I can't? Do I hafta raise my affinity with her?

Exactly. Gotta fully bond 'em before you can use the items.

Ranko is tops.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Yeah, gotta fill the heart first. Then idolize it. And then fill the heart again. But hey, you get stats for it, so that's nice.

Also, you probably should've dealt with having a weird number of stars until you got to the higher-level crap, then spent it to speed up those upgrades. The level 10 ones take days.

Also, put the Ranko in your favorites unit. She says fun things, even if you can't understand a goddamn word.

It's not another solo track, but the cute/cool/passion gokigen party night versions are pretty alright, I guess.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Exactly. Gotta fully bond 'em before you can use the items.

Ranko is tops.

Kay kay.

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, gotta fill the heart first. Then idolize it. And then fill the heart again. But hey, you get stats for it, so that's nice.

Also, you probably should've dealt with having a weird number of stars until you got to the higher-level crap, then spent it to speed up those upgrades. The level 10 ones take days.

Also, put the Ranko in your favorites unit. She says fun things, even if you can't understand a goddamn word.

It's not another solo track, but the cute/cool/passion gokigen party night versions are pretty alright, I guess.

I'm incredibly obsessive about that stuff and looking at it would have killed me before I even got to a high level because holy poo poo it's such a weird number.

I really don't like games that do currency in such a weird manner. Why?

Why?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like the granularity of Star Jewels. 50 SJ = 1 Love Gem, for rare pulling purposes, but prices in SIF can't go lower than that, while SS can make things cost half a LG, or less. If they never used anything other than multiples of 25, they might as well have set it at 2 SJ = 1 LG, for 10 SJ individual pulls. I dislike unnecessary inflation.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like my currency to be given in forms of single digits.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I like my currency to be given in forms of single digits.

time to petition KLab to switch from the Loveca to the Zimbabwe dollar

fake edit: Wow, they're not using those anymore.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

time to petition KLab to switch from the Loveca to the Zimbabwe dollar

fake edit: Wow, they're not using those anymore.

The word gray fits you perfectly because your aged and behind the times.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait, the French franc isn't used anymore? What the gently caress? What, are they all using Euros now?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Aside from the 1star upgrade thing, I think SS's setup is nice. Mostly it's nice when they decide to make continues 10sp instead of 50. Although that kinda undermines their medley system, since if you're that low, it's easier/cheaper to fail on the 3d song and pay 10 than to finish and pay 25 for a full heal before the encore.

Plus, it makes a good time to try and get a halfway decent score on tokimeki escalate or whatever. Can't exactly have a half-loveca continue option…

But the best part of 10sp periods is the gatchas giving you level 10 normals instead of lvl 1. Those are kinda useful!

^^ You can still use francs, just not french ones. Actually, when I was in France like a decade ago, they still had receipts that gave the total in francs and euros. Very considerate!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like continuing. I feel like if I've lost, I don't deserve to go on.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Polsy posted:

The blu-rays aren't too bad. Some of the camera shots and pans are not very good but its still fun to see the choreography of the VAs doing the same dance moves as the animated characters. Also seeing a sea of batons switch colors.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

:siren:Anya and Koume's Cool Music Box Adventures has begun:siren:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Anya is the ranking SR. Good luck to all my fellow cinderella girls!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Right as GF Note's event ends, Orgel Time in Deresute begins. Zero brakes on the train~

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Huh, there's a cap on amount of heart points I can get. Wasn't expecting that since I'm used to SIF's endless FPs

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Huh, there's a cap on amount of heart points I can get. Wasn't expecting that since I'm used to SIF's endless FPs

Understandable. Friendship is forever, but love is fleeting and limited.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's what makes it so beautiful. Shining within a confined amount of time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

on another note i remember hearing they added filters to cg's 3d which would let you dim the screen which would have been useful for 3d while playing, but apparently it's only for MV mode lmao

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I rerolled SIF on my phone (main is on my tablet) and got 3k handshake points really quickly, so I just did 3 10 rolls and got 5 rares, 3 of which were nozomi, which is the idol i chose as my first idol, so i have 4 nozomis now. Of course none of them were the same so no idolizing her... Also got this normal chick named Jennifer that has some pretty nice cards if you know what i mean. Got the pure version of her.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Understandable. Friendship is forever, but love is fleeting and limited.

haha, sentimentality

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love the 2d animation in deresute, but is there a way to have it on but the appeal cut-ins off? Those are far too distracting to play with.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Did a 10 roll and noticed it loading p slow on one segment and I just got a blue envelope!!

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So can someone explain the starlight stage event to me?

Also i hate outside beats that swipe outwards, they never register...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I wonder if SIF EN will ever get to vote for favorite cards. It was only JP that got to do that a while ago, right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

Did a 10 roll and noticed it loading p slow on one segment and I just got a blue envelope!!

by the way, did the blue envelope always have the fancy curlicues on them before? I've gotten so few I can't remember

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I love the 2d animation in deresute, but is there a way to have it on but the appeal cut-ins off? Those are far too distracting to play with.

Menu, LIVE設定, then switch カットイン to Off.

Futaba Anzu posted:

by the way, did the blue envelope always have the fancy curlicues on them before? I've gotten so few I can't remember

Oh poo poo I think you have an SSR
IIRC that detailing indicates you got one, but I could be wrong since I've only ever gotten one on my own.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

So can someone explain the starlight stage event to me?

Also i hate outside beats that swipe outwards, they never register...

Playing songs gets you tokens which you use to play the event song. I assume it's like SIF in that you want to play at the highest difficulty you can S-rank for maximum efficiency. Also you can spend twice your stamina for double tokens, though not double the other usual rewards.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's a bessball!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's a bessball!

Oh is that the chick with my birthday.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's a bessball!

She's my first SR, so I'll remember her forever now

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

Menu, LIVE設定, then switch カットイン to Off.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I... don't think I can ever tackle Pro tier.

I think I'm going to limit myself to the first 2 tiers.

I keep having this problem where I don't tap the screen strong enough the it doesn't register, which is really annoying.