Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

bradybunch posted:

What about Windows 98?

Motherf... 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I read somewhere that they skipped calling it windows nine because of all the legacy 95 and 98 programs would break if they're was a 9 in the OS. Which is funny.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Aramek posted:

I read somewhere that they skipped calling it windows nine because of all the legacy 95 and 98 programs would break if they're was a 9 in the OS. Which is funny.

I'm sure there's some third-party stuff that works this way (looking at you, Java), but Microsoft reports 95 and 98 as Win32, versions 4.0 and 4.10 respectively. Still funny, though.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Can anyone else just not log in? I've tried resetting the game, running as admin, running repair from the launcher, and turning off all firewalls. Nothing.

The issue is when I go to login and type in my password, after I hit the login button the game freezes. No error message, no loading symbols, nothing. It just freezes on the login screen while the music keeps playing. I have to use the task manager to force close the exe.

This happens wether I type in my correct password or random letters. :(

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

JackBadass posted:

Motherf... 14.

You forgot Windows CE

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cuckoo posted:

Can anyone else just not log in? I've tried resetting the game, running as admin, running repair from the launcher, and turning off all firewalls. Nothing.

The issue is when I go to login and type in my password, after I hit the login button the game freezes. No error message, no loading symbols, nothing. It just freezes on the login screen while the music keeps playing. I have to use the task manager to force close the exe.

This happens wether I type in my correct password or random letters. :(

Might as well try changing the D3D setting from DX11 to DX9 in the usersettings.ini in your Documents/Elder Scrolls Online folder. That solved my freezing problem, but I wasn't even getting past the splash screens. The line looks like this:

GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"

Just change the 11 to 9.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I finally bought into this dumb game. I've made a Dunmer Templar because I like healing and I'm boring and wanna join the EP whatever guild. Userid is DeiwosN.

Also, is it worth buying a few crowns to get a mount as a newbie?

Edit: I'm on PC, oops.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 17, 2016

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Black Pants posted:

Not sure what platform you're playing on, but I'd bet that you could find a kind goon to loan or give you the gold to get the basic brown horse. You'll need to do daily mount training to make it really worthwhile, though, so start as soon as you get one.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

MF_James posted:

You forgot Windows CE

I'm only counting client versions of windows, not server or mobile.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Black Pants posted:

No, just save the 10K. It's really chump change once you get going. Steal all the treasures you find and fence them.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
am i really off base here or am i a huge idiot for wearing heavy armor in pvp? i feel like next to none of my useful tankiness is coming from armor-based mitigation and in exchange for this boon i get..........nothing useful?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Heavy armour is really underpowered at the moment, a lot of people are moaning about it on the forums
I think part of the problem is slow, traditional mmo play styles don't really work in eso. It's why they're also moaning about templars a lot, because the whole "stand in my house" paladin thing that they're meant to be able to do doesn't really work

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Sent PSN invites to all the names posted. Free free to add me "Xiadar"

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
So maybe I will never have a v16? When I can play I seem to be starting new things the finishing of which is likely to take a long time, though I think I am getting faster.

I am still interested in a gizzard self healing tank sort of thing. It has taken me this long to figure out that with so called smart healing (and upcoming changes) that a Templar really might not be suited for this (though fun to play). I didn't like DK's when I started messing about with the game, but I am now thinking they are really suited for that experiment. Maybe even more so with the upcoming changes if I understand those (I don't).

It looks possible to run a lot of self heal without even using a resto, though I am not sure what weapons would then best serve a tanky self heal build. S&B and destro? I also don't really understand how the cp changes will play out. The basic thing though would be taunt, apply dots then defensive self heal or something like that. Will that work? (Please don't tell me NB would be a better fit.)

Any guidance on stacking/maxing dots?

Would you emphasize regen or Max Magicka for such a critter? I am thinking regen, but don't know. Advice?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

It's taken me like a month to hit VR16 playing through Orsinium but I haven't had much time at all, when I finally do sit down I am definitely leveling at a steadier clip than six months ago or whatever. At least, CP builds up real fast, I think I've jumped maybe thirty or so points while playing barely at all.

But tonight I'm probably going to spend all my freetime clearing out my bank of old VR14 gear so I can stop having to micro manage so much poo poo between every delve.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tgidieday posted:

I'm sure there's some third-party stuff that works this way (looking at you, Java), but Microsoft reports 95 and 98 as Win32, versions 4.0 and 4.10 respectively. Still funny, though.

Where are you? I hit v16 on my stam sorc today and had no one to celebrate with :(

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
Would like an invite to the Ebon PC guild please @logicbomb82

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Someone should shoot me an invite to the NA PC guild, @JStuart00

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Sogol posted:

I want a healy tank

I'd still stick with the Templar they have these awesome javelin attacks that heal you as you attack so they're great for soloing.

My understanding of the patch notes is they're nerfing class heals across the board to make the resto staff more viable (why they couldn't just buff the weapon line is beyond me)

As the OP says every class can perform every role reasonably well. You can repec base stats, skill points and/or skill morphs once you get to the second main area. Just keep leveling the skills in your class and weapon trees up to morph and when you get to VR ranks you'll have a ready to go toolkit for most situations.

When I hit VR1 on my first toon (dk tank) I had 3 weapon lines , 2 armour lines and my class lines in there high 40s, and I was in no way doing it at max efficiency.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stam sorc status: V16 and fun as all hell.

Ran through Veteran White Gold Tower, and got a second Molag Kena Helm. :woop:

Well-Fitted :suicide:

E:

Logic posted:

Would like an invite to the Ebon PC guild please @logicbomb82

MF_James posted:

Someone should shoot me an invite to the NA PC guild, @JStuart00

Invites sent

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 18, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

bradybunch posted:

I'd still stick with the Templar they have these awesome javelin attacks that heal you as you attack so they're great for soloing.

My understanding of the patch notes is they're nerfing class heals across the board to make the resto staff more viable (why they couldn't just buff the weapon line is beyond me)

As the OP says every class can perform every role reasonably well. You can repec base stats, skill points and/or skill morphs once you get to the second main area. Just keep leveling the skills in your class and weapon trees up to morph and when you get to VR ranks you'll have a ready to go toolkit for most situations.

When I hit VR1 on my first toon (dk tank) I had 3 weapon lines , 2 armour lines and my class lines in there high 40s, and I was in no way doing it at max efficiency.

Thanks. I have a v10 stamplar and a 30 something lizard magplar. I like Templars a lot. Sadly I am also really enjoying my newbie lizard dk as well. I have an sidelined lvl 30 something Stam Sorc I also really like. It's an irredeemable character flaw I'm afraid.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Can someone tell me, the faction change that happens after you complete the main quest, that applies to pvp faction, too, right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Soul Shriven style material will drop on every dolmen you clear ingame once you get your book.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Now that I'm VR16, what's the current good goto sets for a magDK?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

5x Julianos/Twice Born Star, 2x Valkyn Skoria/Nerien'eth/Molag Kena, 3x Willpower jewelry, 1x Maelstrom Inferno staff (Sharpened or Precise).

Good luck

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah lets stick with something I can get my hands on later tonight instead

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

In that case, Julianos/Torug is good until you get the monster stuff you want.

Also, I, using the group finder, managed to heal a silver pledge last night and it was really fun. Sometimes you get pubbies that aren't poo poo.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
What does one do to regain stamina in combat as a DK? Just do heavy attacks and use your Ultimate with Battle Roar maxed?

I just keep thinking about how I can't keep up with the amount of damage the enemy is dealing, because the amount of stamina restored by a heavy attack feels really marginal. I sure as gently caress couldn't solo an anchor </3

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Raruna posted:

What does one do to regain stamina in combat as a DK? Just do heavy attacks and use your Ultimate with Battle Roar maxed?

I just keep thinking about how I can't keep up with the amount of damage the enemy is dealing, because the amount of stamina restored by a heavy attack feels really marginal. I sure as gently caress couldn't solo an anchor </3

Potions, points into both the Mooncalf (or Warlord?) and Tenacity passives in the Champion system, stamina recovery enchantments on jewelry or item sets with stamina recovery bonuses.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Still 5x Julianos and Willpower jewelry.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah how much is willpower jewelry going to cost me

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah how much is willpower jewelry going to cost me

40k tops if you go for healthy traits, 300k if you go for arcane.

Alternatively, find a veteran white gold group and get a free willpower jewelry piece from the quest reward there.

E: If you're actually going to be on tonight I can see if my friend wants to do a training run for White-Gold and we'll get you that Willpower neck piece from the quest. If not I'm pretty sure you can find one in a bargain bin guild store vendor or something.

And I can at least get you some v15 Julianos crafted as well, at least until you can cough up the 800+ mats for a full v16 set, since I burned a shitload of mats yesterday gearing my stam sorc for PvP/Malestrom Farming

E2: Here's some info regarding the new styles, how to get them, and how to get their style stones

Outlaw: Thieves' Guild quests/Abbah's Landing chests/quests/dungeons; Style mat can be found throughout Abbah's Landing in resource nodes or via decon
Faction (EP/DC/AD): Pages found in Imperial City/Imperial Sewers chests; Style mat can be bought from Tel Var merchant for 1k a pop or via decon
Malacath: Wrothgar Delve Daily rewards; Style mat can only be found via deconning Malacath style items
Trinimac: Wrothgar Boss Daily rewards; same as Malacath
Soul Shriven: Reward for completing Cadwell's Silver (this is retroactive too); Style mat can be found in the chests that spawn after clearing a dolmen (retroactive too, you get a mail with the equivalent of style stones per number of dolmens you've cleared on each character; so if toon A completed 300 dolmens, you'll get 300 soul shriven style stones)

ORRR, you can be a dumbass and give Zenimax money for their "Crown Mimic Stone" and never have to worry about having the wrong style stone.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 18, 2016

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Soul Shriven: Reward for completing Cadwell's Silver (this is retroactive too); Style mat can be found in the chests that spawn after clearing a dolmen (retroactive too, you get a mail with the equivalent of style stones per number of dolmens you've cleared on each character; so if toon A completed 300 dolmens, you'll get 300 soul shriven style stones)
Oh this is nice. Really nice.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

If I wear his style gear, I'll be as popular as Malacath at parties!

AND MALACATH IS NOT POPULAR AT PARTIES!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Does it really take 800+ mats of rubido/etc for a full set of VR16 gear?

Or is that including the amount of tempers needed as well

actually even that still sounds like a lot

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does this mean that dope rear end winged armor isn't craftable???

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

V15 gear? 6 mats.
V16 gear? 200 mats apiece.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

V15 gear takes about 1 more ingot/cloth/leather/wood than v14 Nightwood. A v15 Heavy Chest piece is 15 Rubedite Ingots
V16 gear costs 10x the amount of v15 gear. So a v16 Heavy Chest piece is 150 Rubedite ingots.

And you can only find v15 gear from drops. v16 is extremely rare to find, and is only guaranteed in Veteran Maelstrom Arena/Veteran Imperial City Dungeons/Undaunted Monster Sets/PvP Rewards
Wanna decon your way to 150 ingots/leather/wood/cloth? Good luck, every v15/v16 drop only grants one material per decon.

What I'm saying is that Wrobel needs to be shot for not only increasing the cost of the materials, but also making the materials nearly impossible to obtain in mass quantities unless you do 30 writs a day (like ennuid and I) or make a living ganking AD PvE heroes in the Imperial Sewers, like me. Even internally, it was seen as a terrible idea (goon Doomfunk said he fought his rear end off trying to stop that implementation)

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does this mean that dope rear end winged armor isn't craftable???
The Trinimac stuff? It'll be craftable once Thieves' Guild drops in March. Unless Big Z managed to gently caress that up too and removes the back deco from the armor pieces.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

that is literally the dumbest loving thing, especially on top of how ridiculous acquisition of motifs and new style items is getting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Verge posted:

Can someone tell me, the faction change that happens after you complete the main quest, that applies to pvp faction, too, right?

There is no faction change. If you start in daggerfall covenant, aldmeri dominion is VR1-5 and ebonheart pact is VR6-10, and everyone you see both in the pve zones and on your side in pvp are daggerfall covenant

• Locked thread