Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Snowmankilla posted:

I would kill for a way to have the game show what you last beat a dungeon with. No idea how I beat Hel and Zaerog. Now I need to go do homework for an hour. Dumb.

Speaking of homework, how do people beat Mechanical God? PadX has no info.

I've started using the PADGuide suggested teams feature to log my successes. When I beat a dungeon I throw the team I used in there, and then I can look back at it later and see what I used. The reason I started to do this was because I ran into the exact same situation you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

cryptoclastic posted:

I've started using the PADGuide suggested teams feature to log my successes. When I beat a dungeon I throw the team I used in there, and then I can look back at it later and see what I used. The reason I started to do this was because I ran into the exact same situation you did.

That's a good idea. Easy to use I'm assuming?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Speaking of homework, how do people beat Mechanical God? PadX has no info.

YomiDra+YomiDra/Persephone/Haku/AZS+YomiDra

That's why I can't beat Z8 or Scarlet. I've not spent the time working on rainbow teams and I get dunked on the dark absorb floor on Z8 and the Grimoire on Scarlet.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

PADHerder is another one you can use to save your teams, if you happen to already use it for your monsters. Even has room for notes if you need them.

As far as Machina goes, I just take Raoh/Freyr and hit ever floor until it dies. Except floor 6, which I tap below 50% and then hit until it dies. Might not be helpful if you can't drop 13m damage on cue though. :v:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I managed it with awoken ra, viper orochi making the resolve floor trivial. Just use actives till then, stalling when needed, delay and wipe the floor, then stall a bit on the final floor since 50% damage is buttz. I dunno, it was kind of flying by the seat of my pants. Ra, dkali, lkali, isis, viper orochi.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Isndl, I see you're using Shiva a lot these days. On a scale from one to are you loving kidding me, how much would it mess you up if I sold Dark Metatron for a NepDra on my alt? I'm 50k MP shy. I won't do it if you're routinely using it, because I know when we BFF triangled that was one of the things you wanted and it looks like Bong just triangled and quit.

My lineup would be Osiris or XHaku in 1, AShiva in 2, NepDra/ALakshmi active.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 18, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Hmm, PDX is reporting 10x plus eggs in descendeds based on an EU event, but I can't find any EU event announcement. We better be getting that in NA too...

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
if true, Sowilo will be in Descend Challenge for a few more days and Goemon will be in coin dungeons. Thanks GungHo.

Also 3x Normals and 2.5x skill up+exp bonus feeds

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Snowmankilla posted:

You have to make the actual team and whatnot in your own monster and team management in PADGuide. But then on the dungeon page you just click to add your own team and choose one from that list. Easy peasy. Now Zhang Fei or whatever was up last week. If I go into the dungeons page and look for that dungeon I can check the suggested teams and also see my own team I used and put in at the top.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

PADHerder is another one you can use to save your teams, if you happen to already use it for your monsters. Even has room for notes if you need them.

Padherder would be way better for this if the team screen was more mobile friendly.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

iPodschun posted:

if true, Sowilo will be in Descend Challenge for a few more days and Goemon will be in coin dungeons. Thanks GungHo.

Also 3x Normals and 2.5x skill up+exp bonus feeds

Yeah I have two exams Thursday & Friday, broke up with my girlfriend and have no assignments so I'm gonna farm the poo poo out of Sowilo guilt free. Def gonna add at least two hypermaxes to the list this event.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

TheQuietWilds posted:

Yeah I have two exams Thursday & Friday, broke up with my girlfriend and have no assignments so I'm gonna farm the poo poo out of Sowilo guilt free. Def gonna add at least two hypermaxes to the list this event.

You broke up with her because she doesn't pad right? Good decision.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Zo posted:

She bought an Odin Dragon.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
My life is not quite sad enough for it to have had anything to do with PAD, but sad enough that Plus egg farming is part of the silver lining.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

Nah, Different starter list opinions.

Anyways, so I reach Scarlet with my light prong Sakuya team and both L.Kalis only generate 3 light orbs (what are the chances?). Well, gently caress you, Armadel's green drop buff is still active you piece of poo poo, enjoy your 16-combo. BTW, this was the second try because the dungeon crashed on the first, which is really rare. In any case, on the first floor I stalled in the exact same way in both cases but got different orbs to fall next, so I learned something, I guess.

TheQuietWilds posted:

My life is not quite sad enough for it to have had anything to do with PAD, but sad enough that Plus egg farming is part of the silver lining.

Probably Marvel Puzzle Quest then. Talk about sad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I actually met another PAD player recently. My girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend saw me playing ( :lol: if you think I'm missing out on Tamadra retreats) and was all "oh hey I play that too!".

I was excited for a second to have someone to talk about this dumb game with but then he showed me his team: a blue bowl demon(?) and a bunch of carbuncles. The team didn't even meet the LS. His starter pull was Okuni and his box is a loving disaster. The event Tamadra from the last event he was throwing into carbuncles "they were taking up space and they're the only cards that had that awakening thing on it". I don't think he's read a single guide or looked up any info on the game. He's playing it completely blind as a match game that has some monsters on it.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Scarlet continues to be about as fun as smashing my balls in my desk drawer. A.Luci seemed like a novel approach, but the effective 10M health I had to chew through on floor 3 left me too starved for actives/hearts to make it all the way through. I keep loving up with A.Shiva as well - apparently 6 combos is too much for me when the consequence for not making that is death about 100% of the time. Leave myself starved for skills or hearts, only get 5 combos, die.

Anybody have any luck for other suggestions on this dungeon? My default most-plussed team (Bastet) is pretty well hard-countered by a 3 turn bind and red everywhere. ShameDragons feel like a bad idea with the cost limitation keeping their levels suuuper low. I don't have any Kalis, so the usual everything-suggestions of A.Ra/RaDrag kinda fall flat.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

GoodBee posted:

How do Critical Poison Orbs work? Do they just deal more damage or are they locked?

I raged stoned on Surtr Mythical on my Alt with my AThor / Saria team because I thought they were locked. I popped my DQXQ and matched a bunch of hearts but the poison still killed me while I killed Loki. I had Saria up so I could have used her if I could have changed the critical poison orbs.

They just do more damage, a lot more. A three-match of regular poison hurts equal to 20% of your max HP, while a three-match of mortal poison hurts equal to 50% of your max HP. Mortal poison does not match with regular poison, but all actives that remove poison remove mortal poison as well. Mortal poison can be locked independently of being mortal, but offhand the only boss I know of doing that is Hel.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

heisenberg posted:

Scarlet continues to be about as fun as smashing my balls in my desk drawer. A.Luci seemed like a novel approach, but the effective 10M health I had to chew through on floor 3 left me too starved for actives/hearts to make it all the way through. I keep loving up with A.Shiva as well - apparently 6 combos is too much for me when the consequence for not making that is death about 100% of the time. Leave myself starved for skills or hearts, only get 5 combos, die.

Anybody have any luck for other suggestions on this dungeon? My default most-plussed team (Bastet) is pretty well hard-countered by a 3 turn bind and red everywhere. ShameDragons feel like a bad idea with the cost limitation keeping their levels suuuper low. I don't have any Kalis, so the usual everything-suggestions of A.Ra/RaDrag kinda fall flat.

A.Shiva is probably your best chance. But, to be honest. If you cannot do six combos under pressure then you have no business trying to run that poo poo, it is supposed to be *hard*.

In any case, you can either go balls-to-the-wall offensive with A.Shiva, and die half of the time to DQ Hera, or put D.Iza or Phoenix Rider in there to take the hit. In general the idea is:

1) Whatever
2) Spend a skill if required, these dudes have plenty of HP and you're low-level.
3) You should be able to do a small combo first to get her close to 50% and then kill, don't trigger the green orbs buff.
4) If you're using a defensive team then use your defense up so that you're able to take the Kraken hit in turn 2 and still be ready for DQ Hera. With an offensive team you have to kill it in 2 turns and then pray. You can bring a green mon (Set, etc) to bait the bind, if you wish.
5) If you get Hera-Ur then you have already won. Just kill her as fast as possible, shouldn't be a problem with the extra red orbs. If you get DQ Hera then heal and hit her once for less than 50%, but try to leave light orbs on-screen, she'll turn them into jammers, which is helpful. Then you kill her.
6) Hit Scarlet a bit so that she's not at 100%. She'll turn all jammers into fire orbs so as soon as her shield is down destroy her.
7) Use all your skills and 1-shot.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I actually met another PAD player recently. My girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend saw me playing ( :lol: if you think I'm missing out on Tamadra retreats) and was all "oh hey I play that too!".

I was excited for a second to have someone to talk about this dumb game with but then he showed me his team: a blue bowl demon(?) and a bunch of carbuncles. The team didn't even meet the LS. His starter pull was Okuni and his box is a loving disaster. The event Tamadra from the last event he was throwing into carbuncles "they were taking up space and they're the only cards that had that awakening thing on it". I don't think he's read a single guide or looked up any info on the game. He's playing it completely blind as a match game that has some monsters on it.

Well, I guess it's something that he at least realized that only only things that have "that awakening thing on it" have anything to do with Tamadra. It could be worse?

My brother got me started playing and he's still playing. We've introduced a couple of friends but they've all quit. My brother doesn't follow any guides and sometimes I think he does some strange things but he's having fun, has about 75 Ranks on me and a bunch more +297 monsters than I do. I've cleared more content though. There's more than one way to enjoy this game.

What rank was this guy and how long had he been playing? If his rank was pretty high and/or he'd been playing a while then I'd be curious what the hell he was doing.

maou shoujo posted:

They just do more damage, a lot more. A three-match of regular poison hurts equal to 20% of your max HP, while a three-match of mortal poison hurts equal to 50% of your max HP. Mortal poison does not match with regular poison, but all actives that remove poison remove mortal poison as well. Mortal poison can be locked independently of being mortal, but offhand the only boss I know of doing that is Hel.

Balls. I could have popped Saria and cleared them. I'll remember that for next time. Oh well.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Cleared all the challenge descendeds up through Mechanical God with Verdandi (except Wadatsumi, used A.Ama for that), and that also marks my first no-stone clear of Mechanical God. Doubt I'll be clearing Zaerog8 with Verdandi, though, and I'm certain I won't be clearing Scarlet with Verdandi. Ra for Zaerog8, and not sure about Scarlet, as I haven't actually tried that dungeon before.

In any event, I really hope we get 10x descendeds again soon.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Nosre posted:

Phew, that'd be jumping in deep fast. Obviously great foundation, though, why not. Thanks!

[edit] I'm heading to bed, but my friend's email is mobileappconcepts@gmail.com, if you can drop the info to him direct. Code, I hope? I had to use file transfer but that was years ago.

Email sent. Let me know if there's any questions or issues.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Isndl, I see you're using Shiva a lot these days. On a scale from one to are you loving kidding me, how much would it mess you up if I sold Dark Metatron for a NepDra on my alt? I'm 50k MP shy. I won't do it if you're routinely using it, because I know when we BFF triangled that was one of the things you wanted and it looks like Bong just triangled and quit.

My lineup would be Osiris or XHaku in 1, AShiva in 2, NepDra/ALakshmi active.

I've been using both of them depending on whether I'm farming or doing a specific dungeon, but I'm also trying to swap back to Shiva as my active lead after using DMeta to try and get the pal points from my Shiva friends. No big deal if you want to sell yours though, I got a couple random DMeta BFs since then so I'm at no risk of running out. Just hypermax your Shiva and we'll call it good, I need a hypermax Shiva friend. :v:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

trucutru posted:

A.Shiva is probably your best chance. But, to be honest. If you cannot do six combos under pressure then you have no business trying to run that poo poo, it is supposed to be *hard*.

In any case, you can either go balls-to-the-wall offensive with A.Shiva, and die half of the time to DQ Hera, or put D.Iza or Phoenix Rider in there to take the hit. In general the idea is:

1) Whatever
2) Spend a skill if required, these dudes have plenty of HP and you're low-level.
3) You should be able to do a small combo first to get her close to 50% and then kill, don't trigger the green orbs buff.
4) If you're using a defensive team then use your defense up so that you're able to take the Kraken hit in turn 2 and still be ready for DQ Hera. With an offensive team you have to kill it in 2 turns and then pray. You can bring a green mon (Set, etc) to bait the bind, if you wish.
5) If you get Hera-Ur then you have already won. Just kill her as fast as possible, shouldn't be a problem with the extra red orbs. If you get DQ Hera then heal and hit her once for less than 50%, but try to leave light orbs on-screen, she'll turn them into jammers, which is helpful. Then you kill her.
6) Hit Scarlet a bit so that she's not at 100%. She'll turn all jammers into fire orbs so as soon as her shield is down destroy her.
7) Use all your skills and 1-shot.

I can't remember but the last time I beat scarlet before it came to NA as a multiplayer, I used your strat (which you've posted before) and I must've taken her 2nd form to >50 on first turn and then killed after that...because I just tried to 1 shot her with an 8 combo with 2 double prongs and it didn't KO her :wth: . Team was hyper shiva, hyper kagu, hyper urd, Cao cao, phx rider. Is a 9er required to one shot? If so Gg me.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
4x skill up chance for the 4 year anniversary. In JP at least. Oh boy! And all the carnivals are coming around. I think I've skilled up everything from them though. And I'm going on vacation. Oh well.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xenochrist posted:

I can't remember but the last time I beat scarlet before it came to NA as a multiplayer, I used your strat (which you've posted before) and I must've taken her 2nd form to >50 on first turn and then killed after that...because I just tried to 1 shot her with an 8 combo with 2 double prongs and it didn't KO her :wth: . Team was hyper shiva, hyper kagu, hyper urd, Cao cao, phx rider. Is a 9er required to one shot? If so Gg me.

Yeah, that's fine. If she's over 50% life and there are jammers on the board she'll switch them to red and hit you for 18k, which should be ok. The problem is that, if you hit her and bring her between 50-80% and there are no jammers then she has a high chance of delaying your critical skills (if this happens then she'll have created some jammers, so if there are enough hearts then you can stall a turn, stash red orbs and jammers, take the 18k jammer->fire hit, and then kill).

To one shot you really want somebody who increases your damage. I use Nim but Freyr, Set, etc also work.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 18, 2016

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Took them long enough!

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Awww yeah 4x skill up. I don't have too many things to skillup but whatever, i get to keep boarding piis (still just under 200, used a bunch recently).

Half stamina coop also continues. And this is only the first half of the event. The second half is likely to overlap with 40 million downloads so things might get REALLY crazy (4th anniversary, 40 million downloads, so give us 4 stones and 4 piis a day please gungho).

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Next set of Challenge Dungeons for NA coming Friday http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1695
Level 9 is no awakenings, in case you didn't get your fill of that with Wadatsumi.

FrickenMoron posted:

Took them long enough!
This guy is the best:

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
so angry at myself for passing out last night at 6pm. I just needed one more blue ancestral mask to evolve Okuni......

pars
Sep 7, 2011
Bleach collab looks like a lot of poo poo and 1 whale bait (Ichigo).

Skill is 5 color + heart board plus 1.5 sec extended time
LS is multiplier for 4 colors, up to 3.5x at 6. Skill use gives 2.5x attack and recovery

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

iPodschun posted:

Next set of Challenge Dungeons for NA coming Friday http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1695
Level 9 is no awakenings, in case you didn't get your fill of that with Wadatsumi.

This guy is the best:

Amazing. Simply amazing.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

iPodschun posted:

This guy is the best:

I read that the reasoning is that it cuts down on the animation time of having more cards than you need attacking.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
RIP Shinpy. No awakenings with a goddamn Fatty on an early floor. LMAO.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Just randomly realized this morning that I'm 2 super gold kings away from awoken bad luci. Need king carnival to come around like now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not a single goon in the top 10 smdh.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

What's the deal with D/L Luci? He seems good but what am I gaining from him that I can't get from A.Pandora? Although he's definitely better than his other ults, and the stat boosts are wonderful, why is he so good as a leader that he can wreck stuff supposedly?

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Jewel posted:

What's the deal with D/L Luci? He seems good but what am I gaining from him that I can't get from A.Pandora? Although he's definitely better than his other ults, and the stat boosts are wonderful, why is he so good as a leader that he can wreck stuff supposedly?

His leader skill applies to both Devils and gods which is a pretty wide range of good cards. He also has the god killer awakening which gives him extra attack against god type monsters.

Awoken Pandora is on the same tier though.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
My gross ranking was 10.1% after being knocked down from 5.6% for a couple of days.

In comes the mail and I got bumped to 10% yay piis!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

change my name posted:

She bought an Odin Dragon.

Sever

Literally

pars posted:

Bleach collab looks like a lot of poo poo and 1 whale bait (Ichigo).

Skill is 5 color + heart board plus 1.5 sec extended time
LS is multiplier for 4 colors, up to 3.5x at 6. Skill use gives 2.5x attack and recovery

Hurrah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pys. Pys never change.

• Locked thread